Mega Man: If they had stuck to original plan for the classic series...

Keno · 10896

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
It can be argued that the GB MegaMan games are more challenging than the NES MegaMan games.  However, I still don't think dashing makes all the difference.  Also, I have no knowledge of the two you mentioned, being that I haven't played X6 yet, and X7 will never be played.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
I wanna play X7 again... but my only copy of it got a cd that is busted and it's rare to find a copy of it. (Not paying 900:- >_<)
Not because it sucks , because it's diffrent all togheter, sure it's got bad voice acting and the camera and controls are bulky... but it's a diffrent game in the series.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
I wanna play X7 again... but my only copy of it got a cd that is busted and it's rare to find a copy of it. (Not paying 900:- >_<)
Not because it sucks , because it's diffrent all togheter, sure it's got bad voice acting and the camera and controls are bulky... but it's a diffrent game in the series.
I wanna play X7 again too--in an alternate universe where it was actually a good game.

Back on topic: from what I can tell, you're nit-picking. You say only Mega Man 7 was the only classic game released when it clearly wasn't. You won't acknowledge Rockman and Forte over a region technicality. In reality, that didn't stop anyone here from playing it. Stop whining over it, please. Rockman and Forte did happen and it was an SNES game; deal with it.

By the way, why hasn't this been moved to the Classic forum?

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Can we acknowledge the MegaMan Soccer game then?

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Can we acknowledge the MegaMan Soccer game then?

I'm going to say yes we can. It still has Megaman and the bosses, so what if its soccer?
Super Mario Sluggers and Strikers are still acknowledged as Mario games as well.
They're just in a different genre than what the "normal" Mario games are in, which is Platforming/Adventure.
Christ.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

Look!  Look at me!  I get possible to fly!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
He believe he can fly~ XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Get equipped with Ground Skidder.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
It can be argued that the GB MegaMan games are more challenging than the NES MegaMan games.  However, I still don't think dashing makes all the difference.  Also, I have no knowledge of the two you mentioned, being that I haven't played X6 yet, and X7 will never be played.
X6 is mad hard for all sorts of silly reasons, but then again, I've heard the same said about the Zero series. Why won't you play X7?

I really wish they would make more games like it, but a bit more polished.

I wanna play X7 again too--in an alternate universe where it was actually a good game.
They all have problems after the SNES anyway. At least X7 didn't have that God awful find then buy system X8 had.

Back on topic: from what I can tell, you're nit-picking. You say only Mega Man 7 was the only classic game released when it clearly wasn't. You won't acknowledge Rockman and Forte over a region technicality. In reality, that didn't stop anyone here from playing it. Stop whining over it, please. Rockman and Forte did happen and it was an SNES game; deal with it.
Jesus Christ, you're making me wish I'd said PSX instead. I'll go edit my post.

By the way, why hasn't this been moved to the Classic forum?
Because its twin thread is in this section, & it encompasses X anyway.

I'm going to say yes we can. It still has Megaman and the bosses, so what if its soccer?
Super Mario Sluggers and Strikers are still acknowledged as Mario games as well.
They're just in a different genre than what the "normal" Mario games are in, which is Platforming/Adventure.
Christ.
I don't really consider Mario Sluggers & Strikers Mario games. I consider them to be sports games featuring Mario.

Look!  Look at me!  I get possible to fly!
Can I use that as my siggy?

He believe he can fly~ XD
Not by himself, prior to this technique.

Edit: First post edited so nobody can say Mega Man Soccer & Rokuuman Foruutei count.

& I wanna say right now that Kart Racers don't count.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Mega Man was supposed to have his own series on the PSX and was to be the main character but they decided Mega Man would not be recognizable so they created Mega Man X with Mega Man as the co star but nevertheless Mega Man ironically became poular and even had his own downloadable on Wii. It is not to say that Mega Man isn't awesome but still why couldn't stick with that? how it would have been different if Mega Man was the main character?

Answer: The games would've been harder because dashing is for pussies.
You lost me.
I fixed your post.  BTW, you fail.
Ok Now I get it.
Wait- How the hell do you confuse Zero for Megaman X?
Goddamnit, thats a seriously hard fail right there.
BTW, /b/ still isn't cool. Talk like Fonzie if you wanna be cool.

This is
/rpm/
Deal with it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

This is all kinds of funny!

X6 is mad hard for all sorts of silly reasons, but then again, I've heard the same said about the Zero series. Why won't you play X7?

Is it hard or cheap, cause there's a difference.

As for X7, I won't play it because you have to unlock the main character of the series!   On FPB (Foolish Principal Blues) I refuse to play it.  8D

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Rokuuman Foruutei

You're not allowed to try romanising names anymore.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I agree wholeheartedly.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Wait- How the hell do you confuse Zero for Megaman X?
Goddamnit, thats a seriously hard fail right there.
You missed it.

Is it hard or cheap, cause there's a difference.
Well, that's in the eye of the beholder. Are Quick Man's lasers cheap? Are the spikes you can hardly see in front of your face in the Zero games cheap? Is the Yellow Devil cheap? You ought just try the game & decide for yourself. I liked it. Others didn't. Same with X7. I like 'em all, different amounts at different times.

As for X7, I won't play it because you have to unlock the main character of the series!   On FPB (Foolish Principal Blues) I refuse to play it.  8D
I'll make you a new game + with no upgrades done or armor parts found, & it's the same exact thing.

Is that what they're calling bastardizing nowadays?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well, that's in the eye of the beholder. Are Quick Man's lasers cheap? Are the spikes you can hardly see in front of your face in the Zero games cheap? Is the Yellow Devil cheap? You ought just try the game & decide for yourself. I liked it. Others didn't. Same with X7. I like 'em all, different amounts at different times.

Cheap is a 1-Hit Kill move done by the Devil in X5, 20 times in a row.  Poor Lou!   8D

I'll make you a new game + with no upgrades done or armor parts found, & it's the same exact thing.

I could've gotten than from Lou a long time ago.  I still refuse!   8)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
What move?

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
What move?
The one where the Shadow Devil changes into what resembles the Wily Machine from Rockman 6, and then proceeds to jump and slide around the room.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
The one where the Shadow Devil changes into what resembles the Wily Machine from Rockman 6, and then proceeds to jump and slide around the room.

That's not the move I was talking about.  There was one move that the Devil did in which it split into two and streamed pretty much all his blocks at once.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
There was one move that the Devil did in which it split into two and streamed pretty much all his blocks at once.
I don't recall that being a 1-hit kill move :\ although, I usually just play everything on easy, so maybe that's why >_>

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
The one Protoman Blues is talking about is annoying as [tornado fang].

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I don't recall that being a 1-hit kill move :\ although, I usually just play everything on easy, so maybe that's why >_>

What's funny is, I'm looking on YouTube and I actually don't see it.  But I definitely know it exists, because I've seen it done to Lou 20 times in a row, with instant death.

Posted on: September 01, 2009, 10:54:56 PM
Maybe it's on hard only...as that's the only way I play MM games.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
thats probably it. it is the worst move he has. actually, more annoing is that he leaves an outlin that can harm you when he moves his blocs across the room.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Which is all the time.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Can I use that as my siggy?
That's fine, I suppose, even though I didn't get it to come out exactly the way I wanted.  It looks a little different in Microsoft GIF Animator...

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
That's fine, I suppose, even though I didn't get it to come out exactly the way I wanted.  It looks a little different in Microsoft GIF Animator...
Bitchin'