Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 09:55:06 PM
Not sure if this is any help here, but...:

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 10:02:58 PM
Honestly, it's a good thing.  The one thing DC always had over Marvel, from a business standpoint, was the financial backing of Warner Bros. which pretty much means that DC Comics will never go bankrupt.  Now that Disney owns Marvel, it essentially means the same thing.  From a comic standpoint, I also think it's a pretty good move.  Disney's not going to interfere with the comics, and maybe it can buy back some movie rights that Fox owns and make GOOD movie franchises out of them (Fantastic Four comes to mind).  Also, this opens up interesting and exciting possibilities, like Disney Animated, or dare I say, PIXAR ANIMATED Marvel Comic Movies (For the record, Incredibles is still my favorite Pixar movie).  Oooooooooh, and a Marvel Comics land at Disney, meaning I don't have to go to Universal Studio?  It'd make the happiest place on Earth EVEN HAPPIER FOR PB!

You have too much faith in Disney. Just look at the horror they've released recently. You honestly think they won't figure a way to [twin slasher] the Marvel industry as well?

One reason why I absolutely hate this is that now the odds of seeing MvC3 or the godly-awesome Marvel VS Tatsunoko VS Capcom game will never be, and what about the deal that Marvel and Tatsunoko had before this, which was the reason why fans were thinking of a 3-company cross-over game since Capcom was doing the game for the anime in the first place (or so I heard). Not only that, but the pussification of character's is inevitable. Not to mention any current Marvel productions going on at the moment is going to get screwed up around or even canceled.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 10:14:57 PM
Would everyone in here playing tournament caliber "Jump To Conclusions" please remember that in this situation, Disney has only acquired the company and is not, repeat is not, planning to currently shuffle things around within it? Align's post helps if you understand the jargon, but in case you don't it breaks down like this:

- Giant company likes little company's stuff.
- Little company would like to become a part of big company (or larger company wishes to purchase tiny company).
- Deal happens and now little company becomes part of big company. The conditions of the deal however make it so the little company can keep doing what they want and are good at while both profit.

So no, Disney getting Marvel doesn't spell doom and gloom or "Hannah Montanna"-ization of everything (even though Disney lately seems like it really wants to go back to the old school in terms of their quality). If anything, this is great for Marvel as now they have Disney's funds on top of their own to churn out their stuff.

There are countless examples of things like this happening in other fields. Hell, it's the reason why the whole "2nd Party Developer" became so prominent in game talk.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 10:21:16 PM
One reason why I absolutely hate this is that now the odds of seeing MvC3 or the godly-awesome Marvel VS Tatsunoko VS Capcom game will never be, and what about the deal that Marvel and Tatsunoko had before this, which was the reason why fans were thinking of a 3-company cross-over game since Capcom was doing the game for the anime in the first place (or so I heard). Not only that, but the pussification of character's is inevitable. Not to mention any current Marvel productions going on at the moment is going to get screwed up around or even canceled.

I thought there wasn't going to be any meddling with the Video Game Licenses?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 10:27:01 PM
I thought there wasn't going to be any meddling with the Video Game Licenses?

They'd have the rights, and eventually it would boil down to them saying "hey, we want either a huge chunk of change or doing something as well or else we'll pull the Marvel license". Marvel's pretty much been adopted by Disney in the same vein as a teenager being adopted by strict parents. They'll be lack at first, just so the new money maker can like it, and then eventually they'll take over and the new company will start to hate the way things are and it'll take hell and forever for them to get away from the parent. Disney will whore off WHATEVER they can. Don't believe me? Look at the links I posted before, the fact that a lot of old Disney classics have a sequel that wasn't needed, and look at the crap they're showing on their own network and whoring off of.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:19 PM
Well, if this will bring hopes to the Black Panther, I'd love to see a stealth game done by Buena Vista, because so far they've done one game (series) for boys.

Seriously, I kind of liked the Black Panther, and had urges to read the comics at my local Barnes and Noble.. I wonder how the other 4,999 Marvel heroes and villans would have fair shares of the movies and games.

Disney will whore off WHATEVER they can.

Lol, reminds me of a certain gaming company and a certain blue robot.  8D

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 10:30:38 PM
To add to whatever's been said, I'll just quote this from somewhere else.

Some of you guys are overreacting a bit TOO much to that. Disney is just buying them, they're not gonna force them to change anything up.
100% agree. Disney are the parent company of Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax Films, Dimension Films and Buena Vista International. So Disney is technically responsible for making Pulp Fiction, Clerks (1&2), Kill Bill, The Crow, Arachnophobia, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, The Sixth Sense, From Dusk 'Til Dawn, Hell Raiser (3-8), etc...

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 10:31:49 PM
They'd have the rights, and eventually it would boil down to them saying "hey, we want either a huge chunk of change or doing something as well or else we'll pull the Marvel license". Marvel's pretty much been adopted by Disney in the same vein as a teenager being adopted by strict parents. They'll be lack at first, just so the new money maker can like it, and then eventually they'll take over and the new company will start to hate the way things are and it'll take hell and forever for them to get away from the parent. Disney will whore off WHATEVER they can. Don't believe me? Look at the links I posted before, the fact that a lot of old Disney classics have a sequel that wasn't needed, and look at the crap they're showing on their own network and whoring off of.

-AC

...Wow

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:30 PM
This feels like a discussion I've had already about the whole Nintendo vs Capcom comment, except that this time it's Disney and Marvel replacing Nintendo and Capcom.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:45 PM
Lol, reminds me of a certain gaming company and a certain blue robot.  8D

At least when he gets whored, the sex is awesome 8-9 times out of 10.

-AC

...Wow

I'm sorry, I just can't see this as a good thing. SOMETHING is going to go wrong with this. I just have this feeling that, knowing Disney, they'll somehow want to changes things in Marvel for the worst. They almost did it with Pixar, and they'll be try to do it with Marvel.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 10:39:10 PM
They almost did it with Pixar

Wait what? I thought the movies were good, except for a few.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 10:41:56 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't see this as a good thing. SOMETHING is going to go wrong with this. I just have this feeling that, knowing Disney, they'll somehow want to changes things in Marvel for the worst. They almost did it with Pixar, and they'll be try to do it with Marvel.

Considering what movies Pixar made after Disney bought them, I feel that using them is a bad idea for your arguement. Also, read one of my posts above about what other things Disney owns already.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 10:46:49 PM

Then there is little point to continue to discuss this with you.  You've clearly laid down your Jump to Conclusions mat, so any further discussion would serve no purpose.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 10:47:53 PM
Considering what movies Pixar made after Disney bought them, I feel that using them is a bad idea for your arguement. Also, read one of my posts above about what other things Disney owns already.

(stupid auto-log out ><)

I typed up too much, but pretty much, Pixar was supposed to leave after Cars or the Incredibles, Disney wanted them to do Toy Story 3, Pixar said no, Disney went ahead and made it themselves, Pixar hated it, and so Pixar went back to Disney because if the series was going to get brought back to life, then they were going to be the ones responsible for it and not Disney.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 10:50:27 PM
At least when he gets whored, the sex is awesome 8-9 times out of 10.

Except for the fact that Disney recently had a bit of internal change and a lot of things and current projects of theirs point to the opposite (in house game devs with Warren Spector leading them all, "Epic Mickey", The Princess & The Frog & Rapunzel being more in line with Traditional Animation Disney, etc.).

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt quicker than I'd shun the change. Also, as Tai posted above, you have to remember that Disney has had its hands in quite a few other companies that are seemingly unrelated otherwise.

This feels like a discussion I've had already about the whole Nintendo vs Capcom comment, except that this time it's Disney and Marvel replacing Nintendo and Capcom.

Excerpts please. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 11:07:01 PM
or a sign of the apocalypse?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8230504.stm

Ill go with apocalypse. This is just plain BAD.
what next? square enix buys DC!?
uh oh... I said it...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 11:31:24 PM
Excerpts please. XD

It's easily found in Gamefaqs in the TvC boards.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 12:23:00 AM
This is a very awkward thing, ive always liked spiderman, but I cant call myself a fan or anything. Besides, its laready happened, for better or for worse till death do them part whoring and in health?

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 01:18:11 AM
Ill go with apocalypse. This is just plain BAD.
what next? square enix buys DC!?
uh oh... I said it...

I don't think Square-Enix could afford the price tag Time-Warner would put on it.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:29 AM
It's easily found in Gamefaqs in the TvC boards.

Yeah, so I just finished reading that thread. It's like a swirling shithole of stupidity. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 01:35:14 AM
It is also easily the most civil discussion with strong disagreements in the whole board.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 01:48:49 AM
Wolverine in every disney movie from now on.
this

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 01:58:20 AM
I think we read this news wrong. It's not DISNEY BUYS MARVEL COMICS!

It's... DISNEY BUYS SOME MARVEL COMICS!