X8. I didnt like it all that much.

Flame · 57999

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: August 26, 2009, 01:46:18 PM
I did have a chance to play my friend's X8 Pc version & I didn't bother to finish or to play it again because:

- I didn't like the rockish music. I kinda felt like they where TRYING TOO HARD to showcase it. Well I'm not a fan of rockish music but I do like those that are truly good. Falcom Jdk Band's Rock music will always be superior.

- Gigabolt Man-o-War stage. *Note: I haven't played X7 & I have no plans to do so*The most stupid & worse stage that I've ever encounter. I mean just to show "ZOMG COOL 3D!!!"? >.> I always thought every time I encounter 3D games that "I wish there's should atleast a bird's eye view setting or a camera view/angle setting". Hmmm

Though I really like B fan. ^^

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 09:11:41 PM
I liked Gigabolts stage... Looping 3 times then inexplicably dying was lazy, but the idea of flying after him in a Ride Chaser (or is it Sky Chaser now that they can fly?), dodging obstacles and shooting him down was cool.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 11:27:39 PM
i think it's more like 2.75 loops. the place blows up before you enter the tunnel the third time.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 11:59:49 PM
Too damn slow (both you and YOUR SHOTS), and the music was moronic.  If I want to chase a boss on a Ride Chaser, I'll chase Jet Stingray.

No, lets petition for a BETTER shop system that isnt as broken. MM8 for example, you cant buy everything. you have to choose what you will buy.

You SHOULD be able to buy everything at some point (although it may require New Game Plus, ala Chips in X7), that's not the problem.  The problem is when you start buying consumable crap, that should be reserved for stage pick-ups.  MM8 had you buy permanent upgrades.  Not E-Tanks and Spike Guards.  That's what made it better.

I'll also take this opportunity to note that buying/finding everything is not the same thing as equipping everything.  See X6 and Xtreme2.

that kind of attitude is why we can't have nice things like Hyper Sonic anymore.
Damn straight.
:cookie:

I also wish we didn't have to buy the Rare Metals. We just found the treasure, now we have to pay taxes to enjoy them? I already do that in real life... :\
Agreed.  Rare Metals might have worked if they had been implemented better.  At the very possibly least, they shouldn't be buried in the damn ground.

Expense is kind of an issue too.  Another thing MM8 did right, your currency wasn't a random drop.  They were collectibles in set locations.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 12:38:54 AM
I didn't need any of the buyable items in Rockman 8. I only picked up the 40 screws and then beat the game.
I might have tested them in the past just to see how they work, but I never had any use for them in Wily's Castle. ^^
I always keep the 40 screws on my memory card, so that every time I load the game, I can pick whatever I want~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: August 27, 2009, 12:41:05 AM
Who said anything about needing them?  I just can't help but love the Arrow Shot.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: August 27, 2009, 12:47:40 AM
the slide's too slow in MM8. i need the upgraded slide. and yes, Arrow Shot is all kinds of awesome.

Too damn slow (both you and YOUR SHOTS), and the music was moronic.

disagreed with all of the above.

you're supposed to dash so that you are directly behind Man-O-War at all times. NEVER try to snipe him out, cause he will get out of the way, and there is that 3 bullets on screen cap. which if you're directly behind him, doesn't make a difference because you'd be pummeling those blasts into him with no delay.

and i feel the song is very underappreciated. maybe because you can barely hear it in game over Man-O-War's babble and engine roars. it's sorta different from the other tracks in the game in that guitar isn't the focus. it fits the stage very well; it gives the mood of a futuristic city with bright lights all over the place.

however, i do agree that Stingray had the better chase stage.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: August 27, 2009, 12:48:46 AM
With that slooooooooow charge speed in MM8, getting Hyper Charge is actually my favorite moment in the game...

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #83 on: August 27, 2009, 04:10:13 AM
X8 wasn't too bad, IMO.  One key thing that bothered me was the stage design.  2 auto-scrolling and 2 ride chaser stages is pretty much overkill in that department.  Also, I don't mind the switching mechanic, but I like having the L2 Button free for dashing, which messes that up for me.  Seeing as all of the buttons are actually used in this game, reconfiguring the controls to my liking is a bit more of a hassle than I would like it to be.

I didn't find the music to be bad, but I think they focused a little too much on the rock aspect.  Primrose and Dynasty were the only songs that felt different than the others, and you can barely hear the former with all the sound effects blasting from the game.  I actually don't mind the fact that the boss music changes, at least not on Normal mode, anyway.  On Hard mode, having to listen to that repetitive beat with 50 more health to go is pretty annoying.

The arsenal of a MMX game is often a deciding factor for the games enjoyment IMO, and X8's is pretty decent.  There are some fun ones (D. Diamond, Ice Gatling, Thunder Dancer), and some stupid ones (Shadow Runner is a bit weird at times), but they tend to get the job done. This is also the first X game (possibly barring X6) that actually gives you a benefit for not having a special weapon equipped; the ability to charge and shoot at the same time turns X into a very broken character.  The use of different weapons for Zero made the game more challenging (less is you used Sigma Blade); try knocking out all 8 bosses w/only the K. Knuckle, it's not exactly a cakewalk.

The armors weren't bad; the mix and match gimmick worked out rather nicely, although I prefer my armor whole.  The designs wasn't too great, and making the Ultimate Armor another recolor was a letdown.  I feel that the Hermes Armor and X-Drive are severely underrated.  X-Drive is invincible on activation, allows X to take 75% of boss attacks w/o being hurt, and ups your speed.  Forget the fact that his buster does weak damage on bosses, just rapid-fire them!  The game as a whole was decent, but there was some room for improvement.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 27, 2009, 06:00:40 AM
Volt Kraken had the best Ride Chaser stage, IMO.  Of course, I could just be saying that due to my love of the music for that stage.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: August 27, 2009, 06:10:22 AM
Ride Chaser stages always have awesome music. Man-O-War and Yeti are no exceptions.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: August 27, 2009, 07:13:31 PM
Except Volt Kraken's stage isn't all that Ride Chasery and it is bit of [parasitic bomb] to get through.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: August 27, 2009, 07:36:26 PM
it has a Ride Chaser in it. therefore, it is a Ride Chaser stage.

and it was really annoying at first. i used to never be able to do it on the first try. now after playing it so much, it ain't too bad. i sometimes still trip up, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: August 27, 2009, 07:53:30 PM
Volt Kraken had the best Ride Chaser stage, IMO.  Of course, I could just be saying that due to my love of the music for that stage.
I love his music. its awesome. then again, X5 had an all around awesome soundtrack.
also, as much as his Ride chaser segment was cool, (I love how the thing rams into the wall at the end and blows the floor up.) it wasnt too long...

I always thought it was bull that the ground "was so damaged only a ride chaser could go through" I mean, what the hell is Gaia Armor for then? XD Plus X and Zero have gone through worse. its just a small electrical hazard is all...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: August 27, 2009, 08:22:43 PM
and it was really annoying at first. i used to never be able to do it on the first try. now after playing it so much, it ain't too bad. i sometimes still trip up, though.

Heh, I never really had a problem with it, myself.  I was just inspired by the awesome [tornado fang]ing music!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ03jCAt_ZE[/youtube]

8D

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: August 27, 2009, 08:27:54 PM
<3 the Guns N' Roses names

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: August 28, 2009, 07:13:45 PM
you're supposed to dash so that you are directly behind Man-O-War at all times.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.  I've AAA-ranked and No Damage Cleared every stage (even Yeti's......after many months...... *shudder*), I know how to beat it.  I'm just saying I think it's a moronic way to play, that the only valid form of attack is point-blank.  Why even bother with a projectile if that's the case?  I'd have rather had a good old-fashioned dash-blade.

The fact that dash reserves are dependent on your Special Weapon upgrades may not have been the wisest choice, either.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: August 28, 2009, 10:33:45 PM
<3 the Guns N' Roses names
I seriously cannot see why people hate them so much. I thought they were pretty awesome names. I mean, its a break from the monotone of usual names.

Dark Dizzy sounds MUCH better than Dark Necrobat. And Duf McWhalen? I thik thats a pretty fun name for him. they were good names. they worked out IMO.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: August 28, 2009, 10:36:26 PM
the names suck, but that is why they are awesome. they're Power Glove bad.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: August 28, 2009, 10:36:46 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSQItdHIfM[/youtube]

You know, this might be one of the best MMX tracks ever.

the names suck, but that is why they are awesome. they're Power Glove bad.

Exactly!  XD

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:08 PM
I seriously cannot see why people hate them so much. I thought they were pretty awesome names. I mean, its a break from the monotone of usual names.

Because they want serious names instead of joke ones? Like you couldn't work that out on your own. :/

ps megaman games = SERIOUS BUSINESS

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: August 28, 2009, 11:02:32 PM
Coming from the game that names its main characters after Music. And then theres X and ZERO, and SIGMA representin' math.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #97 on: August 28, 2009, 11:11:13 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSQItdHIfM[/youtube]

You know, this might be one of the best MMX tracks ever.
I loved it the first five times, now i just dont have the energy to listen to it all the way through

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: August 28, 2009, 11:15:36 PM
Heh, I don't think I've ever had that problem with music! XD

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: August 29, 2009, 02:04:22 AM
What is worst with those horrible MMX5 names is that they already have badass Maverick names already although I like Mattrex, Burn Dinorex sounds a lot more sense and it is more appropiate.