X8. I didnt like it all that much.

Flame · 57748

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 05:23:51 AM
Not nearly good enough if you ask me, considering people still think to this day that he survived.

Depending on how someone BS's it, there CAN be convincing arguments that he IS alive thanks to ZX. Honestly, I think him gettin' blown up in Z4 was one helluva way to kill off the one that can't be killed.

I thought X5 was pretty damn good and the best of them. X7 wasn't BAD, but compared to the rest of the series, it doesn't hold a candle. X8 was a bit better at that, and the whole recolor argument is true, but probably done so, so that they didn't have to make several different designs that could be 'swapped out' with one another since you could equip different parts rather than the whole suit, and using all of the parts of the same 'set' unlocked a new set of abilities. They could have done better, especially with the Ultimate Armor (was CM released before or after X8?), but for the most part, it was an interesting idea that I didn't mind too much. It seems as if in general the power up system used in the entire series of games just sort of fails. Without ranting, it seems as if there's no real point in using the weapons you get from boss'. They're supposed to be power-ups, not downgrades for your regular weapons. X8 did wonders to Axel though since he somehow ACTUALLY differed from X :O Different set of weapons, changed his gun for each one that (for the most part) shot a different 'bullet' making things a bit more interesting, and the copy ability thing was done better.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: August 23, 2009, 05:43:44 AM
*gives BoMF ZEE UPPERCUT!!*

When you have to stab the core yourself, there's no time for that.

......unless you're Zechs

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 06:23:45 AM
That guy took so many episodes to die.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 06:48:38 AM
i say he's still alive.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #54 on: August 24, 2009, 02:31:45 AM
Do keep in mind that Zero survived being at the top of an orbital elevator as it exploded in Z1, as ridiculous as that was.
He had X's help.

Showing the helmet only was also a strike against Inti, since if the Helmet survived, so could the rest of him (in the minds of those that wanted him to remain alive, do keep in mind).
The helmet was split in half.  One generally doesn't live after their head was split in half.

...unless they're a demon who relocated their heart elsewhe-  Screw it, the Japanese have a way to survive everything.

I'm not saying that Zero should have lived, I'm just saying it wasn't all that good of a job of making his death crystal clear to everyone.
I don't see how you get any clearer than having to watch Ciel cry through the whole damn credits.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: August 24, 2009, 05:29:50 AM
I don't see how you get any clearer than having to watch Ciel cry through the whole damn credits.
I thought it was pretty damn clear too, but it obviously somehow managed to not be clear enough >_>'

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #56 on: August 24, 2009, 10:21:59 AM
X8. I didnt like it all that much.

*post*
I've been saying that ever since '05, but hey, I was just cranky.

But yeah. X8 didn't do any wonders to me, and at least used to be IMO one of the most hyped games of the entire series. If it's worn out I don't know nor do I care, but even when it was supposed to be pure gold (like every last released Mega Man game and [parasitic bomb]), I wasn't in love with it.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: August 24, 2009, 10:25:53 AM
It was an okay game. It doesn't have the charm of any of the games since X4. Actually, I've noticed alot of the megaman games seem to lack the replayability charm. I can replay Megaman 1-8 (haven't played 9) in one go. Just sit there and love it. With everything after its just.. Ugh. X, Zero, whatever. It just doesn't have it anymore.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 24, 2009, 07:33:08 PM
i'm almost the opposite. i never get tired of playing most X games, but i usually don't go back and replay Classics.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 24, 2009, 08:05:31 PM
For me, it's usually NES & SNES Classic/X games that I'll play more than any other.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: August 24, 2009, 08:12:47 PM
For me, it's usually NES & SNES Classic/X games that I'll play more than any other.

This and Zero series games sums me up. If I had a more convenient way of playing the Legends games, I'd probably have those up here as well.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #61 on: August 25, 2009, 02:12:52 AM
I shift around.  For the Classic series I go for 1-3, 8, 9, and Power Fighters.  X, Zero, ZX, and Legends, I pretty much enjoy replaying anything (besides Xtreme1).

It was an okay game. It doesn't have the charm of any of the games since X4. Actually, I've noticed alot of the megaman games seem to lack the replayability charm. I can replay Megaman 1-8 (haven't played 9) in one go. Just sit there and love it. With everything after its just.. Ugh. X, Zero, whatever. It just doesn't have it anymore.
I've noticed with recent titles that games featuring New Game Plus tend to be easier to replay than those that don't, which is one thing that works in X8's favor.  Recent MegaMan games are bogged down with too many sidequests to be starting from scratch every time.  In X8, for example, there's no excusing the fact that all those Crystal Wall-required Rare Metals are overkill.  That's why I keep a Clear file with no armor parts, so I can replay the game without having to worry about the shop crap.

In a way, MM9 suffers this too.  The game is built to depend on the shop as very very few pick-up items exist, but the shop items are too expensive unless you've been Jewel Satellite camping.  And in that case the game becomes dirt-simple.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 25, 2009, 08:48:00 AM
Let's petition for no more shop systems

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 25, 2009, 08:53:25 AM
No, lets petition for a BETTER shop system that isnt as broken. MM8 for example, you cant buy everything. you have to choose what you will buy.

maybe make the really good items harder to get.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 10:08:59 AM
They kinda did that in Mega Man 7 with Auto's special bolt, right?

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 01:58:30 PM
Auto's Bolt just made items cost less, if I recall correctly.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 02:21:16 PM
If you haven't been able to find the Energy Balancer, Rocket Punch, Rush Search and Rush Jet (and I do mean "if"), you will be able to buy them from him when you give him the Hyper Bolt. You can also buy S cans when you give it to him. ^^

But it's better to just dig everything up, and in one session too, without revisiting levels. :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 04:37:48 PM
If you haven't been able to find the Energy Balancer, Rocket Punch, Rush Search and Rush Jet (and I do mean "if"), you will be able to buy them from him when you give him the Hyper Bolt. You can also buy S cans when you give it to him. ^^

Actually, you can buy the Energy Balancer, Rush Search, Rush Jet, and S cans before you give him the bolt. It just costs twice as much as it would after you give him the bolt. The Rocket Punch would cost somewhere in the 2000's, which is impossible to hold due to the game's digit count ending at 3 (000). So thats why it becomes available after you get his Bolt for 999 Bolts.

No, lets petition for a BETTER shop system that isnt as broken. MM8 for example, you cant buy everything. you have to choose what you will buy.

maybe make the really good items harder to get.

I agree, MM8 had the system (Mostly) correct. Even if you cheated to get infinite bolts you still wouldn't be able to buy everything thanks to the Game limiting your space for Items bought in the Menu.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 05:13:30 PM
Did you read the same magazine that said that? '>.>

It doesn't matter if you use password to get the items or find them the normal way.
If you don't give him the Hyper Bolt, those items won't show up in his workshop.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: August 25, 2009, 06:08:18 PM
Ok... looking at it again, you're correct. Odd, I thought it was that way when I played it a while ago... my memory must be fuzzy...  :\

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 06:55:01 PM
i think MMX8's shop system was great. it worked in DMC and VJ, and it works here.

and i think MM8's shop sucks because you can't buy everything. given, a few of the powerups are pretty useless, but i still prefer to have a fully powered character.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 06:57:35 PM
lol completionists.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 25, 2009, 07:07:41 PM
that kind of attitude is why we can't have nice things like Hyper Sonic anymore.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 25, 2009, 07:27:31 PM
X8's shop is okay, I just wish things weren't so expensive. It takes like 4 runs to 100% all characters without the glitch.

I also wish we didn't have to buy the Rare Metals. We just found the treasure, now we have to pay taxes to enjoy them? I already do that in real life... :\

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 11:40:19 PM
i do miss being able to use Sub Tanks and the like immediately when you collect them. that's something i'd like to see X9 do.