Heh, I don't think I've ever had that problem with music! XD
You don't get tired of music? Individual tracks, anyway

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: August 29, 2009, 02:38:13 AM
i know i can never get tired of some songs. i can only assume PB feels the same. hell, he probably has more tolerance for that than i do.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: August 29, 2009, 02:48:55 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSQItdHIfM[/youtube]

You know, this might be one of the best MMX tracks ever.

[tornado fang]. Yes.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: August 29, 2009, 02:54:10 AM
Jakob, Vile Battle, Sigma Battle, and Lumine 2 Battle were all awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqL27l6OKqw&fmt=18[/youtube]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #104 on: August 29, 2009, 04:00:16 AM
Aye, that one rocked all socks.

Of course, with the possible exception of Xtreme1 (suffers MM2GB syndrome), what X-series game DOESN'T have badass music?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: August 29, 2009, 04:04:51 AM
what I liked most about Jakob at first actually, Is that at the beggining it sounds like elevator music.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: August 29, 2009, 08:01:53 AM
You don't get tired of music? Individual tracks, anyway

Honestly, not really.  Well, I guess the only time that really happened was with the first Linkin Park album.  I heard it once, and thought it wasn't that bad, then I heard it a second time and hated it.  I think that's the only case of that every happening with me.  It could also be that I have no shame either.  I mean, I still listen to everything I use to listen to as a child.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #107 on: August 29, 2009, 08:06:38 AM
Jakob, Vile Battle, Sigma Battle, and Lumine 2 Battle were all awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqL27l6OKqw&fmt=18[/youtube]

The GATEWAY Escape music was also great, and I include Central White into all this.

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #108 on: August 29, 2009, 03:21:34 PM
Strange. Whenever I find a song I like, I must take care not to listen to it too much or it just wears out and becomes yet another song. Usually taking a week to do so.
The really awesome/epic/etc ones may give me goosebumps the first ten times, but after that...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: August 29, 2009, 06:02:01 PM
Honestly, not really.  Well, I guess the only time that really happened was with the first Linkin Park album.  I heard it once, and thought it wasn't that bad, then I heard it a second time and hated it.  I think that's the only case of that every happening with me.  It could also be that I have no shame either.  I mean, I still listen to everything I use to listen to as a child.
Besides the Linkin Park stuff, you took the words out of my mouth.  You're not alone, man.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 31, 2009, 11:04:40 PM
Strange. Whenever I find a song I like, I must take care not to listen to it too much or it just wears out and becomes yet another song. Usually taking a week to do so.
The really awesome/epic/etc ones may give me goosebumps the first ten times, but after that...
That's very true.
It keeps being awesome, but loses that flare it used to have. doesnt give goosebumps anymore.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:03 PM
What is worst with those horrible MMX5 names is that they already have badass Maverick names already although I like Mattrex, Burn Dinorex sounds a lot more sense and it is more appropiate.

I think the guys doing the translation for it were really INTO Guns 'n Roses at the time. I can't remember the reason why exactly, but I thought that was an interesting bit of info.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: September 01, 2009, 12:30:50 AM
Capcom in general has a hardon for GnR.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: September 01, 2009, 07:55:50 PM
Whoa, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa. People don't like the Guns N Roses names in X5?

Oh, & @ the topic itself: X7 had the potential to be a better game than X8 ever could have been. Capcom needs to grow some balls & stop giving up on things so quickly. X7's gameplay just needs a little buffering & it'll be gold. God forbid they try something new.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: September 19, 2009, 12:44:16 PM
Oh, & @ the topic itself: X7 had the potential to be a better game than X8 ever could have been. Capcom needs to grow some balls & stop giving up on things so quickly. X7's gameplay just needs a little buffering & it'll be gold. God forbid they try something new.
X7 did have a lot of potential. Good premise. Terrible execution. I agree, Capcom should be bit more daring with the Mega Man franchise (which is what I liked about ZXA and MM9).

I personally find X8 to be overrated, which is probably a result from the quality drought that is X6 and X7. Although it has some good points, it just isn't anywhere close to being on par with the first 5 games. Not only that, but the game comes off as overly cheesy (especially the awkward Stage intros).
And with X being my favorite character, I was often frustrated by his useless special weapons. Many times, they didn't even work (especially in the air). And the only useful one was probably Drift Diamond and maybe Shadow Runner.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: September 19, 2009, 02:55:37 PM
I'd say that X8 was well beyond X5, X3, and Xtreme1 in the quality department, all of which predate the games you mentioned.

X5 was no quality title, either.  It was, like X7, great ideas with bad execution.  Not *AS* bad execution, but still.  The power-ups were tied together in senseless ways, the ties between power-ups, ranking, and boss level shouldn't have even existed, the game was made considerably more linear with an obvious "intended" order of Grizzly to Red, the Gaia Armor is impossible to obtain reasonably early (you must visit every stage and you must have actually cleared Grizzly Slash, Duff McWhalen, and Izzy Glow), and several tanks are impossible or near-impossible to reach as Zero.  It also has quite possibly the single worst boss AI I have ever seen in the versus-Zero battle.  And whoever came up with the idea of Zero dying in a boss explosion, which is in of itself wrong enough, but also without regard to how close he actually is to said explosion, needs to be shot.

X6, despite rushed development, fixed quite a few of those flaws.  The power-up system was opened up, allowing all hell to break loose on your end, and Nightmare Zero provided a PROPER PS1-era Zero battle (without adding a single sprite, I might add).

X8 simply suffers some presentation issues due to crapass art style and generally lazy visuals inferior to Command Mission.  And even if most of X's special weapons were pointless, it did give us some cool stuff.  The armor mix-and-match (even if presented lazily) is long-overdue, in and of itself adding a lot of value to the game.  We got a lot of stuff back that X7 forgot (multiple armors, secret forms, and such).  We got the first-ever secret characters (even if clones, it's still cool).  We got the best-ever Ride Armor (INFINITE GROUND DASH AT LAST!!!) and the first-ever Ride Armor theme music, which kicked ass.

quality drought that is X6
*gives Soultrigger ZEE UPPERCUT!!*

Barring Sentsuizan and the annoying Nightmare effects, X6 does not lack quality.  It's just challenging in a manner that is untraditional for the franchise.  Excellent service to people who know the formula like the back of their hand, I say.  The game allowed far more freedom, customization, and power-up potential than any other in the series (up to 16 Life Ups, 8 Energy Ups, and 5 Power-Up Parts all stackable on either character and any armor), and unlike the Zero series, it gives you insane enough enemy mobs to provide an engaging experience even after you've massed all that power (which incidentally you can obtain without the use of a single special weapon; therefore allowing you to earn for yourself the equivalent of the hacked passwords of the SNES days).  No other MegaMan title gives you the sense of a large-scale battle that X6 does.

I've often said, X6 is to MegaMan what Lost Levels is to Mario.  It's not high production value and it's not newbie-friendly.  But it throws the kitchen sink at you and makes a great challenge for people who know the series inside-out.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: September 20, 2009, 02:14:18 AM
X5 was no quality title, either.  It was, like X7, great ideas with bad execution.  Not *AS* bad execution, but still.  The power-ups were tied together in senseless ways, the ties between power-ups, ranking, and boss level shouldn't have even existed, the game was made considerably more linear with an obvious "intended" order of Grizzly to Red, the Gaia Armor is impossible to obtain reasonably early (you must visit every stage and you must have actually cleared Grizzly Slash, Duff McWhalen, and Izzy Glow), and several tanks are impossible or near-impossible to reach as Zero.  It also has quite possibly the single worst boss AI I have ever seen in the versus-Zero battle.  And whoever came up with the idea of Zero dying in a boss explosion, which is in of itself wrong enough, but also without regard to how close he actually is to said explosion, needs to be shot.
I agree with you that X5 was poorly laid out and had some questionable plot elements (such as the climactic battle between X and Zero being caused simply by mistrust?). Whether or not it's better than X8 is up to whoever, but I prefer 2D over 3D, so I'm probably bias either way.

X8 simply suffers some presentation issues due to crapass art style and generally lazy visuals inferior to Command Mission.  And even if most of X's special weapons were pointless, it did give us some cool stuff.  The armor mix-and-match (even if presented lazily) is long-overdue, in and of itself adding a lot of value to the game.  We got a lot of stuff back that X7 forgot (multiple armors, secret forms, and such).  We got the first-ever secret characters (even if clones, it's still cool).  We got the best-ever Ride Armor (INFINITE GROUND DASH AT LAST!!!) and the first-ever Ride Armor theme music, which kicked ass.
Despite all the pros you listed, I found the core gameplay to be lacking (stage layouts, enemies, etc.). X8 certainly had interesting gimmicks, but they were a bit overdone in my opinion.
I also really hate what they did with a lot of the bosses. Really? Flaming Cock? Sunflower? Vile standing on the Ride Armor???

I've often said, X6 is to MegaMan what Lost Levels is to Mario.  It's not high production value and it's not newbie-friendly.  But it throws the kitchen sink at you and makes a great challenge for people who know the series inside-out.
Great challenge doesn't excuse poor designs. If you can't beat every stage with unarmored X, then why bother making unarmored X an option? Going out of tradition and deceiving the player by making them think they can play any stage with X is wrong. Also, many of X's weapons downright sucked, with only Yammark Option and Magma Blade as somewhat useful. And I don't think I need to discuss Zero's revival, Isoc adding useless plot holes, and Sigma being totally brain dead when he's a virus.
I did, however, liked what they did with Zero's gameplay to a certain degree. The different air slashes were a nice touch, and the "stiff" saber gave a fresh, new look.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: September 20, 2009, 02:32:09 AM
Flaming Cock?

You'll probably be surprised to find out there's no boss by that name.

Vile standing on the Ride Armor???

One of his best moments.

deceiving the player by making them think they can play any stage with X is wrong.

You can play any stage as unarmored X.

In b4 legends2 overkill weapon.

I need to discuss Zero's revival, Isoc adding useless plot holes,

Zero's revival is completely warranted and Isoc solves more plotholes than any other character in the entire series.

That is, if you paid attentionTM.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: September 20, 2009, 02:48:11 AM
Hmm. How does Vile control his ride armor  if hes standing on it exactly?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: September 20, 2009, 04:14:46 AM
Remotely. Or through thought. Or preprogrammed AI.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: September 20, 2009, 04:30:00 AM
If you can't beat every stage with unarmored X, then why bother making unarmored X an option?

First of all, yes you can.
Second, Unarmored is not the game's default form, Falcon is.  Unarmored exists for the sheer challenge of it.  One which by your own admission you can't handle.

This is what I mean when I say that X6 makes you use your head.  I cannot turn around without running into somebody who thinks such-and-such a stage unarmored is impossible.  IT ISN'T.  No level whatsoever is.  The core level design of X6 (disregarding the Nightmare effects) is rather ingenious, and humbles many a so-called fan.  They [sonic slicer] and moan about how broken it allegedly is because they can't deal with the fact that they're not up to the task.  Try harder, and stop sucking.

And I don't think I need to discuss Zero's revival
His revival is no worse than X's.  Both were left for dead, both were repaired by their makers.  The only difference is that X's revival was shown on-screen in the same game he was killed, and Zero's wasn't.
Isoc adding useless plot holes
Which are?
and Sigma being totally brain dead when he's a virus.
Sigma was killed 3 weeks ago and has not had time to properly recover.  What about that is difficult to understand?

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: September 20, 2009, 04:42:59 AM
or like, with his one foot...his one foot is in the control area right? XD
Seriously tho, there were other RideArmors in X8 that functioned on their own so...

At the music of X8...Why doesn't anybody mention Lumine's 1st battle or the music played in the cutscenes (betrayal and oncoming generation) those are the real jewels in X8's OST, VS.Lumine 1 makes GodAlbert's battle theme a pathetic joke.

But it throws the kitchen sink at you

They [sonic slicer] and moan about how broken it allegedly is because they can't deal with the fact that they're not up to the task

awesome XD

also, that there be the damn truth, I was once someone that called X6 broken (and not the good kind of broken like OIS), until I stopped sucking and started appreciating...it's also the ONLY MM game that makes for a challenge on Normal mode.

-Elpis

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: September 20, 2009, 06:49:56 AM
How did Isoc add useless plotholes? He was pretty plainly Wily, & it was nice to see Wily get in on a game before he disappeared from Capcom's memory entirely.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #123 on: September 21, 2009, 03:37:51 AM
And with X being my favorite character, I was often frustrated by his useless special weapons. Many times, they didn't even work (especially in the air). And the only useful one was probably Drift Diamond and maybe Shadow Runner.

Shadow Runner was horrible, as half the time the thing simply orbits around X.  Thunder Dancer is pretty nice, though, particularly in places with multiple enemies.  Squeeze Bomb actually has some nice properties as well, mainly the fact that it absorbs enemy fire.  Try it on Copy Sigma, it makes your life that much easier.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: September 21, 2009, 03:59:23 AM
Sigma was killed 3 weeks ago and has not had time to properly recover.  What about that is difficult to understand?
Plus the fact that his body was not finished, largely, and his mind was fragmented at best, as Hypershell said, from not having a proper recovery, and being pulled out of pure ultimate death. In an incomplete body. And was hastily awakened by Gate upon his defeat.