What Manga are you Currently Reading?

Solar · 113071

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: February 15, 2010, 07:05:26 AM
Well, go do so. Speaking of Zelda mangas, am I the only one that prefered PH's manga story to the game's?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: February 15, 2010, 06:18:51 PM
One of the biggest turning points in my life, was that the villain of Oracle of Ages is not a cool looking dude, but a WOMAN.
And I found that out thanks to the Oracle of Ages manga.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #352 on: February 15, 2010, 06:35:44 PM
Well, go do so. Speaking of Zelda mangas, am I the only one that prefered PH's manga story to the game's?

Because, Maybe that Link Speaks or for the fact it may have a proper "fixed" timeline.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #353 on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:43 PM
One of the biggest turning points in my life, was that the villain of Oracle of Ages is not a cool looking dude, but a WOMAN.
And I found that out thanks to the Oracle of Ages manga.

Veran and Onox both need more attention. And Ralph :3

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: February 16, 2010, 03:35:43 AM
So I read through something by the name of Mirai Nikki. It's like the author built this [parasitic bomb] around an ongoing "nice boat" plot. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: February 16, 2010, 06:08:12 AM
After watching the Soul eater Anime, I decided to read the manga from the deviation point. Its good. Dr. Stein must be the best character ever. Although I do love Ragnarok.
"Shut up! Now gimmie your lunch money!" Ragnarok is hilarious.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #356 on: February 18, 2010, 08:27:52 AM
GOGO Monster by Taiyo Matsumoto.

Quite good.  I should get more of his work.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: February 19, 2010, 08:35:07 AM
So I read through something by the name of Mirai Nikki. It's like the author built this [parasitic bomb] around an ongoing "nice boat" plot. XD

Started reading this too...Yuno takes the whole stalker with a crush thing WAY too far, bordering nightmare fuel .__.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: February 19, 2010, 07:20:13 PM
Started reading this too...Yuno takes the whole stalker with a crush thing WAY too far, bordering nightmare fuel .__.

The worst part is the fact that every time something genuinely good happens in their relationship, Yuno cranks it up to 11 and they have to start all over again.

[spoiler=The sad part is...]If you read all the way to the most recent chapter and finished the Paradox storyline, you can actually piece together that Yuno isn't/wasn't like that normally, it seems as though she's been through so much [parasitic bomb] that now she's batshit insane but genuine.[/spoiler]

After watching the Soul eater Anime, I decided to read the manga from the deviation point. Its good. Dr. Stein must be the best character ever. Although I do love Ragnarok.
"Shut up! Now gimmie your lunch money!" Ragnarok is hilarious.

Oh man, you're in for a real treat. Also, Stein is godly. There's a reason why I consider him & Medusa to be the 2 best characters in the manga. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: February 19, 2010, 08:15:24 PM
[spoiler=The sad part is...]If you read all the way to the most recent chapter and finished the Paradox storyline, you can actually piece together that Yuno isn't/wasn't like that normally, it seems as though she's been through so much [parasitic bomb] that now she's batshit insane but genuine.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It really was to be expected honestly, and it's not the honesty of her feelings that is the problem with her, but the way she expresses them. She really goes TOO far, back when he chained Yukki to that chain so that they'd stay together forever and now when she tricked him when he was weak mentally to get rid of Hinata.[/spoiler]

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: February 19, 2010, 08:25:29 PM
Started a new series, MPD Psycho.

Crazy [parasitic bomb]~

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: February 19, 2010, 10:20:05 PM
[spoiler]It really was to be expected honestly, and it's not the honesty of her feelings that is the problem with her, but the way she expresses them. She really goes TOO far, back when he chained Yukki to that chain so that they'd stay together forever and now when she tricked him when he was weak mentally to get rid of Hinata.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]See, I'm kinda working under the train of thought that she started out as a normal girl with slight stalker like tendencies (this was mainly due to that one chapter where she ran around the place intercepting Yuki at the amusement park; she showed that there was that side to herself normally, but there wasn't any real time where it struck me as being WTF creepy like the times during the main storyline). Things got amplified by 100 after she got involved with the Future Diaries. My current theory is that originally, Yuno met Yuki according to her flashback and things preceded to go along as per her flashbacks (she got abused and caged, but continued to grow closer to Yuki in the time she had to herself), until she got recruited to play a part in the game with him. All of this however, took place in Yuno's first playthrough in the survival game. The manga's storyline is actually her second time through.

(There's a bunch more I'm thinking of now, but I want to post cliff notes right now since I'm kinda out of it. XD)

Now then, what I think originally happened is that Yuno actually was contacted by Deus & played through the game to its climax and became "god', but in doing so, she wound up killing the Yuki that existed in her first play through, triggering a nervous breakdown on her part. Upon doing so, she believed that she could save the folks she killed, much like how Yuki in the main series believes he can do the same, and when it was revealed that things like that can't be, she broke further and took the second option, that reversal of time flow to when all the people existed. When she came to in this time-looped world (let's call it Play through 2), she initially found herself still the same, but complications came up in that she existed as a individual who already existed in that time frame, the same Yuno that had just recently come to love Yuki. Sometime after this came up, she was then contacted by Murumuru outside of Deus' knowledge, to play once again. Murumuru then had the Yuno of that time line and her family murdered (by Yuno from Play through 1) so that there wouldn't be any issues in the cause & effect horizon and things started from there.

Yuno's crazy devotion to Yuki and general derangement is a byproduct of her own past traumas as well as her experience with the first survival game. Yuno knows exactly what happens to one who plays the game (hence her instability and inability to trust other people), and knows from first hand experience that this is the inevitable outcome. Because of this, she is monstrously overprotective of Yuki, hence the ax craziness, her ability to kill without a second thought, and that one time where she kidnapped Yuki and kept him away from the outside world -- she was trying to protect him from the diary holders, world, and the game itself in an extremely WTF obsessive kind of way. (Even this is a stretch to me, because [tornado fang] me that was disturbing, but when I think of it, this might hold some weight.)

This theory being true would also explain why Akise's naturally prying nature unnerves her so much that she has made it a point to go out of her way and kill him -- if this all were to get out, it would probably change the nature of whatever salvageable future with Yuki she has and that in her mind is the #1 thing she doesn't want happening. It also explains why she was able to go and murder the 11th, she is Gasai Yuno, just not the Gasai Yuno that should have been there for the second play through in the current universe. Finally, it might actually shine some light on why she is able to sign her life away to Yuki, there might actually be some part of her so distraught by what she did to Yuki in the first playthrough, that she is determined to let Yuki win and "use" her to his advantage as some sort of tragic penance.

The biggest holes that need filling in this pet theory of mine are what exactly Murumuru did with Yuno & the Gasais and what sort of intents she has in doing this all.[/spoiler]

TL;DR: Yuno isn't malicious naturally, she's this way because the game [tornado fang]'d her up.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: February 20, 2010, 06:21:26 PM
It...actually makes sense I'd say. However, I'd argue Yuno was already pretty [tornado fang]'d up because [spoiler]the whole killing her parents thing happened before the game. They had it coming though. [/spoiler]

I dunno what else to say right now.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: February 24, 2010, 03:25:10 PM
If you guys read Mirai Nikki I suggest you guys also read the spin off.

Like Mirai Nikki Paradox, oh it will change your point of view.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: February 24, 2010, 04:07:38 PM
I did, but how is it supposed to change my POV? I also read Mirai Nikki Mosaic, it had it's heartwarming moments.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: February 24, 2010, 07:58:32 PM
I read everything regarding the series you know. XD

[spoiler]Milenne's stuff is just too d'awww. Which is why her dying was the ultimate bad end, even if you knew it had to happen.[/spoiler]

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: February 24, 2010, 08:20:25 PM
Pokemon Special 24

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #367 on: February 25, 2010, 01:44:53 AM
Flipping through a scanalation of that Brazilian MM manga (Vol. 6, link courtesy of Gauntlet). truly an akward sight to behold.. and slightly understand the language written in.  -_-

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: February 25, 2010, 01:47:09 AM
I did, but how is it supposed to change my POV? I also read Mirai Nikki Mosaic, it had it's heartwarming moments.

Lol maybe POV is the wrong wording, it's more like main character shift and lighter atmosphere. XD

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #369 on: February 25, 2010, 08:22:07 AM
Deathnote.  My brother bought the first volume.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: February 25, 2010, 08:25:40 AM
MegaMan: Megamix Vol. 1

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: February 25, 2010, 02:40:13 PM
Just read the latest HxH...
[spoiler]Now that's unexpected! and BOOM he goes![/spoiler]

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #372 on: February 25, 2010, 10:27:09 PM
Pokemon Special 24

Siiiiigh, I'm still stuck with vol. one and two from my visit to the Pokemon Centre ages ago.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: February 25, 2010, 10:54:19 PM
Devil may cry...wait it´s not finished and it never will be?! I´m stuck on a Cliffhanger? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #374 on: March 02, 2010, 12:12:15 AM
In this chapter of Tegami Bachi:

The plot thickens, a lot and OMG GAUCHE IS AWAKE! D:

In this chapter of DGM:

...I knew the order had its dark secrets, but damn...