Do you think ZX series would sell more if it was on Wii?

ParasiteBirth · 28515

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 11:12:18 PM
Besides of that, I would prefer to play DS games on my Wii, instead to play them under such small screens. So...Yeah I think the ZX Series would be better sold on the Wii.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 12:24:18 AM
I just wish there was some sort of DS-Wii link cable, so you could literally play your DS games on your Wii.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 12:40:37 AM
I just wish there was some sort of DS-Wii link cable, so you could literally play your DS games on your Wii.

Sucks nintendo din't do anything like that FTW = For The Wii  owob

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 12:57:05 AM
Or just something like they did with the GBA player for the GC, but for DS games on the Wii.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 11:13:19 PM
ZXA > ZX in all respects.

what? except that the background designers didn't care/spend as much time on it >.>
The only BG's that were impressive were the intro of Submarine Volcano and Ouroboros.

Whereas ZX had much more lively designed areas, making the game truly alive, something I can't say of ZXA.
Oh and the stagedesign overal was alot less impressive (but that could just be me being bugged by them placing rooms inbetween each segment of a stage for a warp point. >.>)

Having said that, I was really bummed out by the lack of connection between the stages, it's logical that you can't just walk to cinq ville...but damn, the level of interconnecting stages in ZXA just makes me cry, especially after ZX.

-Elpis

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 02:22:49 AM
I guess I'm a little weird in that actually LIKE the lack of interconnecting stages.  Needing to transport between areas increases the feeling of scope.  Not that connecting levels don't have their own appeal, but ZXA had a nice level of balance between the two.

Then again, ZXA's map had its own drawbacks.  The one-way Trans Server mechanic made it rather tedious to get around at times.  And really, I think the game was overusing the whole "revisit stages for extra crap and sidequests" thing.  There were a several stages containing obstacles only passable after beating that same stage's boss and backtracking (Chronoforce, Rospark, and Atlas come to mind), and that kind of design is utterly senseless.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 02:29:44 PM
ZX is more intact than ZXA. Specially in gameplay department. The way I see it the Zx, X & Four Guardian gameplay should be exclusive to ZX then Model A & Trans-On Falseroid forms to ZXA. But what happen is they still shove Helios,Atlas,Thetis,Siarnaq/HFLP gameplay & Zx in Advent and in my opinion that's what make ZXA's gameplay inferior or less distinct. Thus we didn't have a Wall kicking hedgeshock & Shisaroids. An even more competent Diaburn or a more combat capable Bifrost & Rospark. Rospark had potentials. Or a better Falseroid forms overall. I like the idea of Trans-On, but the execution in ZXA went poor because of too much forms.

Well Model A is weak main livemetal to begin with. It's a slight variation of X with a Copy System of different approach and he just poop out of nowhere...>.>

Quality > Quantity.

So I hope in ZX3 there should only be a maximum of 8 forms. That counts Hu form.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 11:47:26 PM
Thus we didn't have a Wall kicking hedgeshock & Shisaroids. An even more competent Diaburn or a more combat capable Bifrost & Rospark. Rospark had potentials. Or a better Falseroid forms overall. I like the idea of Trans-On, but the execution in ZXA went poor because of too much forms.
I think they were also dumbing down the arsenal overall, either because of how broken ZX1's OIS was, or because of how broken Time Bomb is.

But yeah, I'd have liked a wall-kicking Hedgeshock and Shisaroids myself, in a game that depends on it so heavily, having no way to either climb or boost jumping height at all is simply crippling.  Rospark is a wire-form, and he's good at that, so I can live with it.  Bifrost was a disaster simply due to physics.  You can't be that damn huge/slow and still put up with contact damage.  Defensively he should have been like the X8 Ride Armor: immune to half the [parasitic bomb] the enemies throw at you.

I think ZXA's level design went a lot worse than its forms, though.  As I've said earlier, I think having to backtrack with abilities from the same stage's boss is going too over the top (it was stupid when X5 did it, and that was ONCE, and it's every bit as stupid with repeated occurrences now).  You shouldn't be having to remember indestructible block locations from your second stage after intro when the boss who gives you the power to break them is locked into the last three (out of 13), either.  If you could challenge the stages in any order it'd be different.  If you can't, that means earlier abilities should be useful in later stages, not the other way around.

So I hope in ZX3 there should only be a maximum of 8 forms. That counts Hu form.
Completly ignoring Model A, that means we either lose something from ZX or there's nothing new.

I don't think we need to be so drastic in limiting forms if they're building on what's already there (ie: Big Four in ZXA is no excuse for poor Pseudoroid forms).  I'd just appreciate them not shafting Vent and Aile again.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 03:20:37 AM
ZX was MUCH better than ZXA. ZX was more alive than it, the music was better too. ZXA has only a few notable tracks, mostly soul ablaze, Grey/Ashe's intro stages, the Quarry,  flying Area A, and Vent/Aile's theme. (Determined Eyes, was it?)

while almost ALL of ZX1's soundtrack was much better made. and the detail is poor in ZXA. the backgrounds and stages themselves feel bland in terms of aesthetic appeal. the stage design was interesting, but the look wasnt.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 03:45:44 AM
I think it's time Capcom brings the X Series back  XD

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 05:37:28 AM
I think it's time Capcom brings the X Series back  XD
The X series should die. Despite the earlier games being dear to me, most of the later ones are for the most part forgettable.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 02:43:05 PM
The X series should die. Despite the earlier games being dear to me, most of the later ones are for the most part forgettable.
B(  B(  B(  B(

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 06:18:44 PM
Hey, he's not the one making threads about how much he doesn't like X games.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57:41 PM
ONE game. ONE game out of all 11 games. not the whole damn series.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 08:18:37 PM
B(  B(  B(  B(

Sad to say, but he's right though. If they use a story anymore it's gonna be quite difficult to come up with a scenario. X9 if it happens needs to be a gameplay reboot with little to no plot if they want full freedom to do something big.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 08:41:17 PM
"Stand back X! I'll take care of this!!"
*jump in and defeat the bad guy, sacrificing their life in the process*
"Ugh! X, it's up to you now...!" *boom*
*the real bad guy shows up*
"SHINING FINGER!!!"
"GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I CANT BELIEVE I LOST!!!"
*kasplooosh!!*
*wait for next sequel* >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 10:21:30 PM
Sad to say, but he's right though. If they use a story anymore it's gonna be quite difficult to come up with a scenario. X9 if it happens needs to be a gameplay reboot with little to no plot if they want full freedom to do something big.

or just FINALLY make everything clear once and for all. it'd be so hard, but it'd be so cool. and besides, it's Inafune's fault!!!! XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 07:08:28 PM
*gives Fxeni ZEE UPPERCUT!!*

If X6 is forgettable it's because you suck.  If Xtreme2 is forgettable it's because you're lazy (*smack PB* PLAY IT!).  If X8 is forgettable it's because the art style blows, that's easily rectified.  If MHX is forgettable it's because you don't own a PSP, and I sympathize.

X7 was......not the best.  If Capcom wants to make a 3D X, they need to commit to it.  So many attacks were broken by the 2D/3D blend, the auto-lock wrecked 2D while Zero enjoyed paper-thin attacks in 3D.

XCM, well, it's a linear RPG, what do you expect?  That said, I still come back to it pretty often.  More so than I do X3.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 10:36:42 PM
I love Command Mission. Its only Con is that after you complete the game, there is nothing much to do except massacre enemies in order to level up every billion or so battles. By then, Redips is too easy. And the Tails clan doesnt regenerate and stay there like Redips does, so theres nothing left that can give a decent good time. Except maybe Mettaur Gigant. But the [tornado fang]er almost always runs away.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 11:33:15 PM
Anything past X4 doesn't interest me all that much. X5 is of questionable quality in plenty of areas. X6 has horrible level design in several places; requiring a part to advance isn't good in any sense. If they actually did it right, you should be able to get through the damn game without needing anything whatsoever. The enemy placements aren't all that good in many places, either. X7 had it's moments, but the wall jumps felt really weird, and unlocking X was awkward. X8's level design could have been better as well. It was better than some of the other installments in the series, but it doesn't touch anything in X1-X4. MHX was awesome, but that's because it was based off of X1. XCM... well, I can't really get back to it, myself. I finished it once and I can't bring myself to restart it. Xtreme 2 was alright for a GBC game, and the parts were awesome. That said, considering it's a GBC game, the controls felt a little off from time to time, but that's more of a limitation of the system itself.

Not to say the earlier X games are perfect (I've been known to point out X3's... issues), but I find they're more enjoyable overall.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 29, 2009, 03:52:51 AM
X6 has horrible level design in several places; requiring a part to advance isn't good in any sense. If they actually did it right, you should be able to get through the damn game without needing anything whatsoever.

It's called alternate paths.  If you don't have what you need to clear them, it's your own fault for entering them in the first place.  If you want to take a gamble with being ill-equipped, fine, but then you face the consequences.

The only "impass" that is not an alternate is Gate's Lab, which is the game's final stretch.  And even that is a lot easier to clear than most players believe; I can't tell you how many fans to this day still think that an air-dash is necessary.  By this point there is no excuse to not be properly equipped.

Generally, X6 is to the X-series what Lost Levels is to Mario.  Low production value, highly challenging level design.  Approachable, it ain't, but it's a great service for the hardcore fans.  The game's level design is severely underrated by people who simply aren't up to the task of properly exploring it.  There are tons of power-ups scattered, and rather than the brainless "use weapon x to destroy otherwise indestructible block y", a great deal of them require some good thought to reach, despite never once requiring a boss weapon.  That is damn good level design that the series otherwise doesn't see, and it's a great and satisfying challenge to nab it all (without beating any bosses).  The same can be said for the "impass" areas.  You have to use your head, and pull out all the tricks for manipulating the engine that you know, and then you can find quite a few solutions to any given obstacle, and go with the one that suits you.

However, the Nightmare system blows, and most players tend to focus on that rather than the core design, which is outstanding.

The enemy placements aren't all that good in many places, either.
Enemy mobs are part of what makes X6 unique, and a more thrilling rush than any other MegaMan game out there.

unlocking X was awkward.
Everybody neglects to mention the fact that that's first-playthrough-only, as X is both unavoidable and carries over into New Game Plus.  His Charge Shot is insanely powerful and so you have to tackle five stages without it.  Whoopedy-doo.  The amount of ass he can kick easily justifies such a small price.  I'm more concerned with his constant whining.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 29, 2009, 04:11:35 AM
ZXA > ZX in all respects.

I don't have a Magical Talking Whatever and I don't have an Uppercut, and you may know your official canon, but Megaman ZX was far better than anything ZXA ever threw at us.

Granted, neither has any real replay value as far as the main game goes (Omega's fun to challenge, and it's worth going through 2 times for a Model X run, only in ZX), but ZX did everything better. Music, stage design, story, everything.

ZXA's Weapon Bar, "vague answers" story, gimmicked boss abilities, useless sidequest rewards, mediocre music and graphics, and general lack of IP enhancement and protection in the form of well thought-out cast and asset management (i.e. changing the 4 Guardians' original designs completely...), made ZXA one of the worst Megaman games Capcom ever put out, right there with X6 (which also destroyed the rightful conclusion to the X series, X5).

Now, the core design of X6 is not okay. The camera shows even less of what you need to see than X4 and X5 did, there's the whole Zero's diving attack ordeal, the Z-Saber completely obliterates the final boss, you have to exit stages to switch inane Parts, and did you SEE Blaze Heatnix's stage?! Heck, X's use of the Z-Saber is dismal, at best. He should have either had more power in that one shot, or had Zero's 3-stage attack. The Blade and Shadow armors are fan-level creations.

And Model X is not overpowered. Model X has range, that's it. Both X and ZX have the same very powerful spiral charged shot ala X2, it's just a matter of range. There are some players who make better use of the charged Saber Slam than veterans/Model X users manage that first, comparatively weaker charged buster. In fact, depending on your playstyle, you get more damage out of having ZX's 2 weapons as compared to X's 1 weapon.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 29, 2009, 04:48:37 AM
what? except that the background designers didn't care/spend as much time on it >.>
The only BG's that were impressive were the intro of Submarine Volcano and Ouroboros.

What's this talk of the backgrounds being of lesser quality? As a same series same system sequel, the two are graphically identical and interchangable. This is especially true for ZX and Advent, what with a good portion of the former's stages being revisited in altered form the latter. For all the newer stages, I really see no difference in their quality. But if you insist, I must remind you that it is Advent that put much more work in character sprites, balancing it out.

On other points on Advent vs ZX, I feel that Advent is much more actively involving in terms of plot and player involvement. ZX throws you directionless into a world under the selling point of exploration. But whilst doing this, it seems strangely stuck in such antiquated notions like a mission select,  intermission stage and final stages after a select amount of Falseroids defeated. Adding insult to injury is the unhelpful map system and backwards transerver-mission system. It's quite bad when the game penalizes you in the main plot with backtracking just because you approached the area from the wrong side. This is especially true in the find Giro and Guardian license missions. Also let's not forget that the plot mostly warrants you to get anywhere just to eliminate a boss for its power up item, losing most of the interest in a stage until you actually get there and they finally explain what they're all about.

ZXA on the others steers you in the right way by engaging you in the ever deepening plot whilst still leaving a sense of exploration, virtually eliminates the backwards mission select, throws in non-Falseroids at random and improves on its map system all at the same time. The only cases of backtracking are outside of the main flow of the game. (Items/Side Quests).

In the matter of arsenal, I much prefer ZXA's balance over ZX's, even though it required toning down the forms. ZX was imbalanced to the point that one form would have all sorts of overkill attacks whereas another had none. Model HX being a big offender in terms of unneeded carnage. Atleast in Advent only Time Bomb is a really big offender that you don't even have to employ if you feel it's a cheap way out. And for those times it is employed, ZXA allows for a lot of tactical variety in taking bosses down, beyond just using Model ZX or any other strong attacker. The fact that you can take down Queenbee in record time with a combination of Time Bomb and Rospark's grounded form speaks for itself.

Finally, speaking of form variety and use, Advent wins by its weapons energy system. ZX tied far too much to weapons energy with no real way to recover it during times when you really needed. The self recovering shared energy bar allowed for a much nicer time battling than just having to carefully manage overdrive activation down to the second and then getting stuck fighting a boss with no real way to attack as anything but ZX. ZX's method wouldn't be so bad if they gave you full energy bars from the get go, but they had to go with this unfortunate need for e-crystal gathering or quirky weak point dodging.

and general lack of IP enhancement and protection in the form of well thought-out cast and asset management (

Set up game is a set up game? Advent is only a stepping stone to the third title leaving many elements of ZX are ignored and many of the elements of ZXA are introduced solely for the future to delve into. It is Advent and not 2 for a reason. It was never meant to be conclusive a title as ZX. Much like comparing the first ZERO with the second. Advent simply chose to extend the world in a much larger manner, beyond what it could contain as one title.

useless sidequest rewards

I'm trying to remember a recent Rockman game with worthwhile sidequests, nothing comes to mind. At least Advent was nice with its occasional cameos.

(i.e. changing the 4 Guardians' original designs completely...),

[objection!]

You're frikken nittpicking. Who cares about the designs being changed? Besides, Rock On designs were always different. Remember Model Z? It's the Double Rock On forms that more closely resemble the original. They were being consistent and diverse in giving the four those designs.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 08:21:34 AM
Everybody neglects to mention the fact that that's first-playthrough-only, as X is both unavoidable and carries over into New Game Plus.  His Charge Shot is insanely powerful and so you have to tackle five stages without it.  Whoopedy-doo.  The amount of ass he can kick easily justifies such a small price.  I'm more concerned with his constant whining.

I don't neglect it.  I still find it unacceptable that the main character in his own series has to be unlocked, or gained through save data.  It's bullshit.  To me, it'd be like unlocking Sonic in a Sonic the Hedgehog game, Samus in a Metroid game, and so on.  Then once you get him, the game becomes painfully easy (or so I hear) due to how powerful he is.  Sorry, but PB still finds it to be unacceptable to this day, doesn't like it and therefore it's a dust collector. 

And for [tornado fang] sake Capcon, you've got enough characters to warrant a 2 Player Co-OP mode, at the very least.  [tornado fang].

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 29, 2009, 08:36:42 AM
I'm trying to remember a recent Rockman game with worthwhile sidequests, nothing comes to mind. At least Advent was nice with its occasional cameos.

Hey, Advent had that one mission which got you the erase chip. That chip's pretty awesome.