4Kids in Financial issues.

Flame · 15027

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 06, 2009, 04:02:31 AM
Yeah, I don't think he was better than Long John Baldry.
This (of course), but I will admit that I think Mike Pollock does a fine job as well, I want to strangle Jason Griffith and the rest though

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: August 06, 2009, 04:21:45 AM
Well, the VA's from 4kids have gotten a little bit more natural in their voice acting. It's just that Mike Pollock pwns the rest of them.

On a related but off-topic note, there really should be another Sonic movie.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 04:35:01 AM
I only saw parts of the one versus metal sonic. that one was awesome. even if Knuckles was mistaken for a mole.
Sonic looked best in that sonic CD cutscene look he had. IMO.

also, looks like that one guys never gonna finish Cosmic Chase.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 04:51:40 AM
Well, anyways, serves 4kids right, I mean they had it coming to them after butchering quite a couple of anime that I really did like.

Revolutionary

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 04:59:03 PM
I don't really like to bash on 4Kids too much especially when they gave us Dan Green for Yami Yugi or how they dub the Pokemon movies and Sonic games where they actually do a better job. I still prefer the old Sonic voices over 4Kids but it is still awesome but Dan Green's Yami is so over the top that it made me want to play the card game just to put on stunts like this.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 09:41:55 PM
I like the new Sonic voices from 4Kids more than I liked the old. There, I said.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:52 AM
FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!
Sonic Heroes Vector will be missed.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: August 07, 2009, 01:40:55 AM
I don't mind some of the new voices, but Amy's, Gamma's and Cream's make me want to do terrible things to my ears.

On the subject of 4kids themselves: I hated them for not releasing uncut versions of anything on DVD, but bankruptcy? ...Karma?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 07, 2009, 02:14:33 AM
I don't mind some of the new voices, but Amy's, Gamma's and Cream's make me want to do terrible things to my ears.

On the subject of 4kids themselves: I hated them for not releasing uncut versions of anything on DVD, but bankruptcy? ...Karma?
And nothing about Vector? Seriosuly? Hes easily the worst one.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 07, 2009, 02:33:04 AM
the worst is Dan Green as Knuckles. i [tornado fang]ing hate it.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: August 07, 2009, 03:34:24 AM
They need to bring back Mephiles so Dan Green can keep voicing him instead.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: August 07, 2009, 03:36:18 AM
true, he needs to send us BACK IN TIME again.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 07, 2009, 03:38:07 AM
Hah, did you see my stupid Youtube Poop where Mephiles kept saying "BACK IN TIME" until it turned into the Huey Lewis song?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 07, 2009, 04:08:44 AM
They need to bring back Mephiles so Dan Green can keep voicing him instead.
I swear all I heard was Yami talking there.

then theres the Ice cream man in Unleashed.
haha... Dan Green is awesome.  XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: August 07, 2009, 04:27:19 AM
Hah, did you see my stupid Youtube Poop where Mephiles kept saying "BACK IN TIME" until it turned into the Huey Lewis song?

i love that one.

but that alone is insufficient.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: August 07, 2009, 04:30:15 AM
Next time, instead of selling ice cream, he should sell LAMP OIL, ROPE, and BOMBS?!.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 05:01:53 AM
aw man, that one's not on youtube anymore. [parasitic bomb].

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: August 11, 2009, 08:20:06 PM
The American licensing and distribution company 4Kids Entertainment revealed in its Securities and Exchange Commission 10-Q report on Monday that it had an unaudited net loss of US$13.75 million for the quarter ending on June 30. 4Kids recorded a net loss of US$5.532 million during the same period last year. 4Kids had unaudited net revenues of US$4.401 million during the most recent quarter, compared to US$16.54 million in during the same period last year. For the six months ending on June 30, the company reported US$14.6 million in net revenues and US$15.8 in net loss, compared to US$31.6 million and US$11.9 million, respectively, for the same period last year.

4Kids attributed US$7.25 million of the quarterly net loss to a loss on the sale of "one of its auction rate securities" that are not related to day-to-day business operations. Chairman and CEO Alfred R. Kahn also noted that his company shipped US$2.6 million of Chaotic trading cards during the quarter, but it cannot record those sales as revenue until those cards are actually sold to consumers later in the year.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #68 on: August 11, 2009, 08:33:17 PM
Chaotic does live up to it's name then.. hehe.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: August 12, 2009, 12:07:14 AM
I remember when Cartoons used to be hand drawn on paper... Anyone else remember those days? when there was very little computer involve in the drawing...
I miss those days...

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 12:09:55 AM
The only thing we have left from those days are the Simpsons and Futurama, maybe even some of the Adult Swim lineup and a few out there that never followed the "Live Action" and the "CGI" trend that's not made in a film school, random overseas anime dub or in flash; when I first saw the Simpsons and Futurama movies, they were like a breath of fresh air.. and not a god forbid animated soap opera (you know, the kind where "Friendship gets shoved down our throats" bullcrap and the power of love? yeah, those).

Good thing Boomerang can bang us with her nostalgia here in amercia.. while some old shows  get randomly slapped on into random times, like the Eds.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 12:19:13 AM
Yeah. Flash shows honestly blow ass. theyre never good. I have yet to watch a Flash cartoon on TV that was good. (Online fan made stuff tends to be better. but has no fixed schedule)
and CGI's getting old. Hence why now everything is in 3D.
[tornado fang], I remember when Disney used to have drawn cartoons. now they're all Pixar CG. which irks me. I want a good, hand drawn cartoon!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:13 PM
My favorite flash cartoon of the recent years is Yin Yang Yo. It's also safe to say that it's the better than all those other flash shits.

The problem is not just with the fact that they're animated in flash. The problem is... how [tornado fang]ing lame most of those "cartoons" are.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 12, 2009, 06:37:25 PM
I want a good, hand drawn cartoon!
I think the new movie called The Princess and the Frog is drawn by paper.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 06:48:12 PM
I think the new movie called The Princess and the Frog is drawn by paper.

What about Ponyo? that looks hand-drawn to me. :/