Zx · 15538

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 05:25:38 AM
Not the second season, bro.
Second season was awesome, as I remember it.

Only the opening of the 2nd season is good. That's all.

HOWEVER, the 2nd season of the Fantastic Four cartoon on before/after it was actually very good.

Hell yeah. And I watched it a looooong time ago, so memories may be fuzzy. Heck, I was one of the people who liked the 90's Spider-Man animated series.

Lots of people like 90's Spidey.  I thought it was decent for what it was, but I wasn't the hugest fan.  The weird placement of awful computer graphics bothered me, some of the stories after the 1st season were pretty bad, and I thought just progressively got worse, and the constant re-use of animation just got somewhat annoying to me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 06:55:07 AM

Lots of people like 90's Spidey.  I thought it was decent for what it was, but I wasn't the hugest fan.  The weird placement of awful computer graphics bothered me, some of the stories after the 1st season were pretty bad, and I thought just progressively got worse, and the constant re-use of animation just got somewhat annoying to me.
I remember loving the 2nd season of Iron Man. Plus come on. Stark Mullet. Nothing beats that.

Was the 90's Spidey show the one that was on Fox?

I remember the Fantastic four too. not as much, but I remember it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 27, 2010, 07:06:33 AM
I remember loving the 2nd season of Iron Man. Plus come on. Stark Mullet. Nothing beats that.

Was the 90's Spidey show the one that was on Fox?

I remember the Fantastic four too. not as much, but I remember it.

I thought both seasons of Iron Man were awful.  The only reason the 2nd season might be better is cause the 1st season is just that bad.

Yes, that was the one on Fox.

The 1st season was terrible. The 2nd was actually very good.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 27, 2010, 02:09:44 PM
So I wasn´t the only one annoyed by the constant use of stock footage in that show...Well atleast Stan Lee got to show up in the last episode..that ended with a cliffhanger...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 27, 2010, 04:07:04 PM
I read separate and vague plot arcs of the comic in the 90's, so the Spidey cartoon was pretty much my one link to the story. When I began to get into the actual comics, and saw all the stuff that was different (lotsa Goblins, Madam Web not being very important to the plot, Peter's life being way shittier) I was surprised. I still remember that it had a very extensive story. A multidimensional war, Venom and Carnage's story, MJ and Pete getting married for him to find out she was a clone of a water dude... I just remember the plot being pretty detailed for the time, and there was some general continuity, instead of stuff just being in single arcs.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 27, 2010, 07:33:50 PM
The story was connected well enough, as well as tied into some of the comics well.  I just didn't like the way the cartoon wrote them.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 27, 2010, 09:08:17 PM
I remember when I was lil'kid. The episode where Spidey had mutation problems, and turned into a giant Spider.
Seeing as I was [tornado fang]ing afraid of spaidurz back then (in fact, I still am) I got scared shitless.
Not so much however, as during that one episode of Batman TAS where there was Robo Batman with HARDAC's Seal of Approval.
Oh God... that episode scared me so much.
Gotta go and watch it again. : P