How exactly was Wily brought back by the virus?

Thanatos-Zero · 20708

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 04:28:09 PM
He controlled it from the panel.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 05:33:25 PM
And you wouldn't? One must ignore the ignorance of a human as anything but a bias. Humans recognize human communication and behavior, and from that have dictated the lack of recognizable communication/emotion and behavior from anything but human. So that arrogance aside, you cannot make a dictation towards other forms of life. Organic or machine programmed.

They cannot choose to disregard their programming. like a sheltered child. They don't know any better than what they do most commonly. Anything can be swayed into doing something. Sigma proved this using his Virus to control that huge mechaniloid in Day of Sigma. But look at it's behavior. It isn't acting irrationally, it is looking for targets, taking opportune strikes (taking that hostage), knowing it is unable to move and to free itself. These being ignored?
Don't be too quick to label things as biased, ignorant, or arrogant.  Inferring blanket labels ascribes a certain arrogance to your viewpoint. :)

In the case of horses, bulls, and mechaniloids... they have a level of awareness in that they act from instinct, prior experience/programming, and exhibit consistent social behavior.  But mechaniloids have not been observed to act completely contrary to instinct/programming/social behavior with no outside external forces acting on them.  This apparently is what separates mechaniloids from X (Zero, and reploids) and Dr. Light basically said as much.  In the parameters of the Mega Man franchise, would you want to argue with the guy who basically wrote the book on android consciousness?

What you, I, and Zan are slipping on here in this discussion is a lack of definition of terms.  For instance, how does one define "Soul"?  How does one define "Self-Awareness"?  How does one define "Intelligence"?  Are these all synonyms?  I for one, don't think so.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #52 on: July 19, 2009, 09:42:41 AM
Don't be too quick to label things as biased, ignorant, or arrogant.  Inferring blanket labels ascribes a certain arrogance to your viewpoint.

It was arrogance to label anything but human as 'lower life forms'. And if my statement is arrogant, in that I'm stating that one cannot understand an animal because one is comparing to a human, then so be it. We cannot understand anything but a human stand point. And even then, it isn't 100%. Hence it is a bias standpoint. And notice, I didn't stat any such term in opposition towards anyone in this conversation.

In the case of horses, bulls, and mechaniloids... they have a level of awareness in that they act from instinct, prior experience/programming, and exhibit consistent social behavior.  But mechaniloids have not been observed to act completely contrary to instinct/programming/social behavior with no outside external forces acting on them.  This apparently is what separates mechaniloids from X (Zero, and reploids) and Dr. Light basically said as much.

Machaniloids have not been 'shown' or given the 'on stage' chance to be allowed to show such. All we see, is a Mechaniloid 'under enemy influence' (from hunter stand point). Not a mechaniloid in it's prime function. So we cannot assume either way. Now, if it was within more of an OVA, other than 1 occurrence within Day of Sigma, then we can speculate more accurately. Since then we would have more insight. But benefit of the doubt must be issued to speculate such.

What you, I, and Zan are slipping on here in this discussion is a lack of definition of terms.  For instance, how does one define "Soul"?  How does one define "Self-Awareness"?  How does one define "Intelligence"?  Are these all synonyms?  I for one, don't think so.

How does one assume humans have a 'Soul'? How does one assume humans don't have a 'Soul'. How do we assume any other form of life on this planet has either/or? Life is a natural bias standpoint. Since in life, we know nothing of death. And such, when death occurs, we cannot return and share the experience. When alive, everything knows life. When dead, everything experiences such and continues... Soul, Self-Awareness, intelligence... All one sided to what Life can teach, and for humans to at least interpret...

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 03:06:52 PM
How does one assume humans have a 'Soul'? How does one assume humans don't have a 'Soul'. How do we assume any other form of life on this planet has either/or? Life is a natural bias standpoint. Since in life, we know nothing of death. And such, when death occurs, we cannot return and share the experience. When alive, everything knows life. When dead, everything experiences such and continues... Soul, Self-Awareness, intelligence... All one sided to what Life can teach, and for humans to at least interpret...
Okay, I was discussing the Mega Man Franchise, not our reality and our philosophy.  In the Mega Man Franchise, it is stated that Souls/cyberelves/insert-your-synonym-here exist.  We have not defined how they exist within the franchise as it relates to Wily, humans, reploids, and mechaniloids.  We need that definition.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 03:51:00 PM
ALthough I have to wonder how robots can have instinct in the first place...

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #55 on: July 20, 2009, 04:25:02 PM
Sounds about equivalent to the reactions they've got programmed in rather than learnt throughout their life.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 12:06:27 AM
Okay, I was discussing the Mega Man Franchise, not our reality and our philosophy.  In the Mega Man Franchise, it is stated that Souls/cyberelves/insert-your-synonym-here exist.  We have not defined how they exist within the franchise as it relates to Wily, humans, reploids, and mechaniloids.  We need that definition.

Fiction is inspired by non-fiction. They go hand in hand. That is why MegaMan based things are not completely Deus Ex Machina. Albeit fiction, still has an explanation. And after experiencing Zero 3's CyberSpace, and ZX's humans turning into Cyber-Elf's, the best explanation is the Akashik Records. That the universe is govern by a program. And everything else is too a form of program. Without a body, the program simply is pulled into the Mass Program. Better example is the Matrix. Every little thing in the Matrix is a program, and those programs are part of a universal program. When one program looses it's body of interaction, it is simply pulled by the Mass Program into it's circulation.

If we follow that, and suspect that a human is capable of using a machine to interpret human psyche and duplicate such results, therefore resulting in digital self, technically Wily lives on. Just not necessarily human Wily, but a digital duplicate capable of every same thing as the human. The human dies, human soul is recirculated, yet the digital self remains bound to technology. Awaiting it's realization. Light would have been the vary same, just decided to imprint said duplicate with his image: the Hologram. A Ghost in the Shell sort to speak.

Other than that, I will agree that we could use the info to which governs said within the MegaMan franchise. At least then it is fact and not speculation. However we will most likely never receive such and may have to fill in the blanks ourselves... And put forums to use in discovering agreeable middle ground.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 21, 2009, 12:15:39 AM
Akashik Records.

Cyberspace. Use the word.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #58 on: July 21, 2009, 12:26:37 AM
Purposely used the term in allowance for it to be researched and not leading to misleading results. Guaranteed, you will not find the same definitions or explanations of either. Thus the actual term instead of CyberSpace. But if that is what you wish, then CyberSpace. The world behind the world.

Offline redjirachi

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 03, 2010, 11:35:06 PM
Wily must've put some chip in his brain that would remove his mind at the moment of death and integrate it into the virus

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box
Reply #60 on: January 04, 2010, 03:42:51 AM
Technology will advance enough to allow us to download our memories and thoughts inside a digital drive. Wily could just downloades himself into a viral-like system. Therefore the term "brought back by the virus".

Also, this could apply to Dr. Light as well (a variation of the technology used for X's brain, instead of a standard system, like the one Wily used for the virus).

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #61 on: January 04, 2010, 08:23:46 AM
Technology will advance enough to allow us to download our memories and thoughts inside a digital drive.
We're some time off from being able to interface with the outside world from such stored memories and thoughts, though.
But in Megaman Light has already done it, so there it's no surprise.