Official Avatar: The Last Airbender Thread - MY CABBAGES!

Irgendein · 56256

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 01:44:54 AM
This entire thread reminds me that there was never an official "Avatar: The Last Airbender" series thread here on RPM. I am ashamed of myself. XD

The series goes so far beyond the usual Nickelodeon type of cartoon and blends the best of animation & storytelling together to create one hell of a wild ride through a meticulously created world. It is seriously my top pick for best animated series of the 2000 - 2010 decade.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 12, 2010, 08:06:33 AM
I did saw 3 random episodes before lol.

Random?
WATCH ALL D8

And relevant.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 12, 2010, 02:09:59 PM
This entire thread reminds me that there was never an official "Avatar: The Last Airbender" series thread here on RPM. I am ashamed of myself. XD

The series goes so far beyond the usual Nickelodeon type of cartoon and blends the best of animation & storytelling together to create one hell of a wild ride through a meticulously created world. It is seriously my top pick for best animated series of the 2000 - 2010 decade.
Aside from anything DCAU, I honestly don't see any other cartoon from the 00's worthy of the title.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 12, 2010, 11:57:55 PM
Don't forget Cybersix.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 12:17:57 AM
Don't forget Cybersix.

September 6, 1999 – November 29, 1999

Close, but no cigar.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 12:26:54 AM
Samurai Jack would be up there for me.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 12:32:17 AM
Samurai Jack would be up there for me.
Not gonna give my opinion on that one until that damn JJ Abrahms-made finale movie comes true. >_> GET ON IT, PEOPLE. I really want to see the grand finale.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 05:37:05 AM
Expected mediocre movie, got a mediocre movie. Can't say I am disappointed when it was exactly how I expected it.

Honestly, I feel that its biggest problem is that it has a really really bad pacing, it's too [tornado fang]ing rushed at the beginning. Because of that I feel that you don't even get to know the characters well, I have no idea how someone that hasn't watched the show could've cared about any of the characters except maybe Aang. I don't really like how they replaced Aang's previous reincarnation as a mentor with a dragon either unless I just don't remember it from the show.

Also, bending looked quite silly at times. Oh, and couldn't fire benders create their own fireballs in the show? I could swear I saw them do that in like every episode.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 13, 2010, 05:46:17 AM
Expected mediocre movie, got a mediocre movie. Can't say I am disappointed when it was exactly how I expected it.

Honestly, I feel that its biggest problem is that it has a really really bad pacing, it's too [tornado fang]ing rushed at the beginning. Because of that I feel that you don't even get to know the characters well, I have no idea how someone that hasn't watched the show could've cared about any of the characters except maybe Aang. I don't really like how they replaced Aang's previous reincarnation as a mentor with a dragon either unless I just don't remember it from the show.

Also, bending looked quite silly at times. Oh, and couldn't fire benders create their own fireballs in the show? I could swear I saw them do that in like every episode.
Allow me to show you a scene from the movie, and compare it to the show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwccNqklC_k[/youtube]

1 - Earthbenders, in the show, are trapped in a mining ship completely made out of metal, so they can't bend. It's through the group's plan to get all the coal of the ship into the prison yard that they succeed.
   - Earthbenders, in the movie, are trapped in a mountain. WITH ROCKS ALL AROUND THEM. EARTH ALL AROUND THEM. AND THEY NEVER TRIED TO ESCAPE UNTIL... ONG POINTED THIS OUT TO THEM.
2 - Firebenders, in the show, can shoot fire without requiring it nearby. It's why they won the war. They're just naturally more powerful.
   - In the movie, they need a fire source. Think that's stupid? How about THE FACT THAT NOBODY EVER THINKS TO PUT OUT THE DAMN FIRE SOURCE. ...Ong could throw a little gust on it and put it out. Or any Earthbender could just throw some dust on the flames. No more fire.
3 - Talking dragons in live action movies haven't been fun since Sean Connery in Dragonheart.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 13, 2010, 05:49:57 AM
3 - Talking dragons in live action movies haven't been fun since Sean Connery in Dragonheart.

Not even Sir Sean could save that clusterfuck of a movie.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 13, 2010, 05:57:00 AM
1-Funnily, that's the last episode I rewatched (I really need to finish seasons 2 and 3 though, why must every good tv show have such an inconvenient timeslot in Mexico? Seriously). It's a wonder the fire nation won any battle at all in the movie universe when they make such [tornado fang]ing stupid mistakes.

2-Well, at least the water people said to do that, why they never bothered to is anyone's guess...though I guess it shows why the fire nation is winning the war, the other nations are even stupider.

3-Can't argue with that, though it's because I haven't watched many movies with a talking dragon.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 13, 2010, 06:43:44 AM
Not even Sir Sean could save that clusterfuck of a movie.
...I still like it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 13, 2010, 06:48:05 AM
...I still like it.

LoL, hey I like Last Action Hero. It's still garbage!  XD

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 13, 2010, 07:10:38 AM
September 6, 1999 – November 29, 1999

Close, but no cigar.

Fair enough~

now to rewatch it~

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 13, 2010, 01:35:10 PM
LoL, hey I like Last Action Hero. It's still garbage!  XD
Last Action Hero is garbage? O_o I always thought it was pretty much Schwarzenegger's best movie. Plus, it's a dear movie to all the movie critics I know personally. I actually never found ANYONE who disliked the movie. No bad reputation or anything.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 13, 2010, 08:33:37 PM
Last Action Hero is garbage? O_o I always thought it was pretty much Schwarzenegger's best movie. Plus, it's a dear movie to all the movie critics I know personally. I actually never found ANYONE who disliked the movie. No bad reputation or anything.

It's pretty hated over here. I remember all the critics and movie goers panning it.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 13, 2010, 08:38:20 PM
Really? Around here we think that it is a pretty good movie. Dragonheart aswell

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 14, 2010, 04:38:17 AM

Late to the reply yet again, but [tornado fang] YEA, TOPH. XD

These gifs make me want to marathon the series again.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 14, 2010, 05:09:36 PM
It's pretty hated over here. I remember all the critics and movie goers panning it.
Really? Wow. I'd go as far as to say it's still one of my favorite movies from back then. Heck, a dude I know who's a critic for the biggest newspaper around here loves it. Oh well, I guess different opinions.

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
  • Coming to your local theater
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 14, 2010, 08:18:52 PM
Allow me to show you a scene from the movie, and compare it to the show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwccNqklC_k[/youtube]

This made me crack up. I suppose I should just see this movie for a good laugh.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
First and foremost, new title for thread since we shall now be discussing the finest animated show you all should have seen already as well as discuss any news on the continued developments of this series.

Now, I could play the whole elaborate and eloquently written post routine to try and convince RPM that a series run through would be in your best interests... However I like reactions more, so I'm gonna just leave some choice gifs up for you to gander at and make a decision upon. Ready?

[spoiler=Awesome.]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The BEST loli character ever.]

Also related from earlier in the thread:

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sparky Sparky BOOM Man][/spoiler]

You can definitely find more here if you wish to pick some things out for yourself.

Now the main reason for this post, besides being a more showoff way of getting some folks here interested in what's happening without spoiling plot points, is to also mention that the rumblings on a successor series to Avatar: The Last Airbender, namely "Avatar: The Legend of Korra" have been slowly but surely gaining some steam with the recent bit of new spotlight the series has been gaining. It all sounds amazing thus far, and as these things get more and more buzz, I'll try and keep them here in this thread.

So now that I'm gonna try and get you all to try something different, I hearby mandate this thread the main place for all things bending. Get hy--

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 18, 2010, 10:17:04 AM
wow, thats actually... Pretty bad acting.. :C

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 18, 2010, 12:12:08 PM
To update it, it's said that Legend of Korra will be 100 years in the future and will feature a new female character as the Avatar, arising when her help is necessary. Aparently, the technology and culture will have evolved, and she'll be able to contact Aang in the Spirit World. (all rumors so far)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 18, 2010, 07:13:05 PM
Thanks to the rerun they've been showing on Nicktoons (with developer comments, I love those) I've been catching up what I missed when it aired in Mexico. Oh man, Appa's Lost Days made me so sad ;__;

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
First and foremost, new title for thread since we shall now be discussing the finest animated show you all should have seen already as well as discuss any news on the continued developments of this series.

Now, I could play the whole elaborate and eloquently written post routine to try and convince RPM that a series run through would be in your best interests... However I like reactions more, so I'm gonna just leave some choice gifs up for you to gander at and make a decision upon. Ready?

[spoiler=Awesome.]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The BEST loli character ever.]

Also related from earlier in the thread:

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sparky Sparky BOOM Man][/spoiler]

You can definitely find more here if you wish to pick some things out for yourself.

Now the main reason for this post, besides being a more showoff way of getting some folks here interested in what's happening without spoiling plot points, is to also mention that the rumblings on a successor series to Avatar: The Last Airbender, namely "Avatar: The Legend of Korra" have been slowly but surely gaining some steam with the recent bit of new spotlight the series has been gaining. It all sounds amazing thus far, and as these things get more and more buzz, I'll try and keep them here in this thread.

So now that I'm gonna try and get you all to try something different, I hearby mandate this thread the main place for all things bending. Get hy--

... i love you for making this post. i would record almost every episode when i got the chance to. XD

Seriously though, i never heard of that "Legend of Korra" rumor until now. Here's to hoping it's real.

[spoiler=sort of spoilers about Zuko]I found it weird that they never explained what happened to his mother.[/spoiler]