ah, morons.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 08:26:06 PM
That wasn't sarcasm.
Realized after I posted.

At the time it seemed like you were making fun of how a resemblance in a logo was a direct connection, and I vaguely recalled you arguing that we couldn't be sure A was Axl.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 08:53:15 PM
I think we already went through this two years ago or so. All the names connecting ZX to Zero are avoided in a deliberate manner (except Ragnarok, I think that's mentioned but my memories are foggy)

Model X,Z,H,P,L,F,W are never referred to explicitly contain the souls of X, Zero, Harpuia, Phantom, Leviathan, Fefnir and Weil. Sure they act like them, their Rock Ons look like them and have their attacks, they have the same voice actors, are described to have the same personality and the hints dropped about their origins match.

Same goes with the previous Guardian commander and Prairie.

Model A is just the most prominent case of this.

About the Raiders being Red Alert...well no, that would mean they somehow survived the several cataclysms between the sagas, and we already discussed the drawing on that gate several time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 10:08:11 PM
So you're implying that they are not actually the big 4 and X/Zero?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 01:54:29 AM
ah, morons.

Ah, Nekomata being Nekomata.

At the time it seemed like you were making fun of how a resemblance in a logo was a direct connection, and I vaguely recalled you arguing that we couldn't be sure A was Axl.

I was arguing under the "if" condition of the Illegal Hunters being the same as Red Alert. If such a direct connection were to be established, we'd have grounds to without a doubt say Axl is Model A.

However, as it really is, the Illegal Hunters are simply a homage to Red Alert, Model A is a homage to Axl, with a high possibility of Model A actually being Axl, an undeniable connection but also not confirmable.

Model X,Z,H,P,L,F,W are never referred to explicitly contain the souls of X, Zero, Harpuia, Phantom, Leviathan, Fefnir and Weil.

Prairie said "soul" of "that man that created Ragnarok" and "soul" of "legendary heroes" that "saved the world hundreds of years ago." Japanese keyword: tamashi. However, it is true that she never quite uses their names.

So you're implying that they are not actually the big 4 and X/Zero?

He's just saying the games are purposely vague all the time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 01:58:46 AM
thats nothing new though... The games have been ambiguous about things since the X series.

Also I say ti simply because of the direct showing of Red's face. Model A looks similar to and acts like, Axl, but theres no solid references other than that. The Raiders have red's face plastered all over their ship.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 08:34:56 PM
Prairie said "soul" of "that man that created Ragnarok" and "soul" of "legendary heroes" that "saved the world hundreds of years ago." Japanese keyword: tamashi. However, it is true that she never quite uses their names.
I kinda don´t remember the Guardians or X doing something for the whole saving world thing...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 09:12:03 PM
Is teaming up with Zero in the battle against Dr. Vile, for the humans' sake, not doing exactly that?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 09:56:05 PM
....Everyone can attack a weakened foe and then being killed in said boss´ explosion.... -_-
You know, the guardians were working for Copy X and I don´t think they were doing good things...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 10:06:13 PM
They were protecting humanity from the Resistance.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 10:11:59 PM
Saving the world is something different

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 10:26:02 PM
they helped kill omega. >>

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #37 on: October 11, 2009, 10:27:21 PM
Without their help, Zero wouldn't have lived, and Weil would have won, so yeah.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 12:49:46 AM
From the start, Harpuia was opposed to Weil. Doubting him the whole way through. After the missile, he had the last straw, and attacked Omega.

Then later, Him alongside Fefnir and Leviathan, fought their way to Zero's location when Dark Elf was healing Omega, and Zero was still damaged, and attacked Omega, bringing him to a knee again. and they urged Zero to deal the finishing blow when Mother Elf's curse began to falter.

X, couldnt do much in terms of fighting, but he pretty much did intel. He informed Zero when Weil was no longer at area X-2, and protected the resistance Base from Weil's mind control, as well as obtaining the location of Weil's whereabouts.
That's a pretty valuable aid right there.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 11:38:47 PM
On topic, Red Alert seemed to be a ragtag band of bounty hunters loosely aligned by Red's organizational prowess and charisma, and not a global military behemoth like Repliforce once was. I imagine the organization died along with Red. Their logo was always a stylized monster "R" anyway.

But Red's fame could well live on in history or in legends. As a tough guy reploid who lived as he wished and did what he felt was right regardless of whether the government condoned or condemned his actions, unafraid and unapologetic, he is pretty much the ideal of the illegal Hunter. He can still be the Raiders' folk hero, relative patron saint, symbol, whatever without being an actual surviving remnant of the ancient Red Alert organization.

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 11:48:43 PM
X7, X8, AND CM MISSION AREN'T CANON GARBLE GARBLE GARBLE

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 12:11:31 AM
except they are canon.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 14, 2009, 01:44:01 AM
He was making fun of the guy who was arguing about Model X and Z. >_>

also, that makes sense. Red alert was bound by Red's charisma, so it makes sense that he would live on in popular legend.