Girla PurpleHeart · 13309

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 05:49:45 AM
Yeah the scouts were all teens since the beginning. It does get pretty intense near the end, with the death of the Sailor Scouts. The manga is even worse than the anime, there's blood and such when you see them get impaled or whatever death they go by. Pretty gruesome. As for the Live Action series, here is a good site I have bookmarked that you can visit about it: Clicky

Ah! Thanks for the link. I'll watch it when I finished the first series. Thanks Ciel-chan! ^^

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
  • Zero is the coolest reploid ever <3
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 08:59:16 AM
Rofl Tuxedo Melvin.. that was an interesting episode.  8D

And you're very welcome Girla Purpleheart. Glad to be of help in anyway I can.  owob

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:34 AM
I just finished watching Episode 10 on my computer, and Jadeite just got owned!  8D

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 05:15:18 PM
I just finished watching Episode 10 on my computer, and Jadeite just got owned!  8D

Lol yup!  8D Too bad Nephrite's death is sad though.  ;O;

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 05:29:28 PM
Yeah, and I was really pissed when they didn't dubbed it. Even though, it's a children show. I think that's the reason why that they didn't dub it in the NA is because it got into a teen-rated style, and that's why they stop dubbing it.

Interesting. Over here in Germany, we got the whole thing, all seasons dubbed on television, and I don't recall any censorship either. Though I believe they did not bring over all the specials and stuff. I recall there was some recap episode with Bunny and Chibiusa discussing past events, that one did not get over here.

Not to mention that in our version all characters still had their Japanese names and Haruka and Michiru weren't cousins >_>

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 11:10:11 PM
Lol yup!  8D Too bad Nephrite's death is sad though.  ;O;

I know, I almost cried when he died in that scene, because of Molly bawling. It was a cute paring while it lasts. T_T That damn Zoisite, that herma-[sonic slicer]. Betrayed his friend like that. *sigh* But she gets better in the middle of the series though. So I'm neutral on her/him.

Quote from: Saber
Interesting. Over here in Germany, we got the whole thing, all seasons dubbed on television, and I don't recall any censorship either. Though I believe they did not bring over all the specials and stuff. I recall there was some recap episode with Bunny and Chibiusa discussing past events, that one did not get over here.

Wow, you guys were lucky to see all the Dub German series. And no censorship, that's surprising. O_o; And yes, there was a recap episode before the S series was aired (that took 3 years to dub it on TV) in the US, and we don't have the specials like Japanese had either...Which sucks, but we got movies that was dubbed in English. ^^

And yeah, I got really confused with the Haruka and Michiru parings and their relationships. :/

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 07:37:57 PM
I know, I almost cried when he died in that scene, because of Molly bawling. It was a cute paring while it lasts. T_T That damn Zoisite, that herma-[sonic slicer]. Betrayed his friend like that. *sigh* But she gets better in the middle of the series though. So I'm neutral on her/him.

Wow, you guys were lucky to see all the Dub German series. And no censorship, that's surprising. O_o; And yes, there was a recap episode before the S series was aired (that took 3 years to dub it on TV) in the US, and we don't have the specials like Japanese had either...Which sucks, but we got movies that was dubbed in English. ^^

And yeah, I got really confused with the Haruka and Michiru parings and their relationships. :/

Yeah Zoisite seems nice after a while, being in love with Malachite and all. It's funny that technically she is actually supposed to be a he.

As for the dubbing in other countries, they're not afraid to censor over there.. unlike in Canada or the US. Also in the english dubbings, Haruka and Michiru are cousins but in the original version, they're technically supposed to be a lesbian couple. They're the only lesbians in the series, despite the many rumors that people tend to make up.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: June 27, 2009, 05:15:35 AM
Is there anymore transvestites I need to know about especially in the Sailor Galaxia arc?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: June 27, 2009, 08:44:24 AM
Yep... seen the show. Got all the way to the end of the English dub. Honestly, I can't help but feel a little glad that they didn't dub the last one. A lot of the emotion towards the end of the final arc would have been absolutely mutilated with some of the edits that could have been pulled off.

Also, I'm sure some christian loonies would have flipped a lid at two "cousins" raising a girl who can change her age on command.

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: June 27, 2009, 03:20:07 PM
Is there anymore transvestites I need to know about especially in the Sailor Galaxia arc?

Well there are the Sailor Starlights who appear as men when not senshi and then appear as women when they transform into senshi..  8D

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: June 27, 2009, 05:23:36 PM

Also, I'm sure some christian loonies would have flipped a lid at two "cousins" raising a girl who can change her age on command.

The Christian loonies had been flipping out on the show the day it was released.

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #61 on: July 01, 2009, 07:13:22 AM
Well, I got into the Nephrite episode and just finished it, planning on watching the next episode.