What Anime are you Currently Watching?

Satoryu · 464457

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2275 on: May 22, 2014, 12:13:49 AM
6 episodes away from finishing Jojo. Battle Tendency's really heating up now.

Also the Persona 3 movie finally found its way to the internet with english subs so I've watched that as well. It wasn't bad, a bit slow at points and it skipped through the first two months of the game pretty quickly (seeing as social links are basically not there.) but the animation was nice and it was fun to occasionally see small cameos by the Social Link characters. I like how they handled Makoto's personality too. Obviously instead of silent he does talk, just not that much.

Only thing I didn't really care for were them doing what they did in P4tA for acquiring new Personas by obtaining Arcana instead of just finding them and fusing and whatnot. And since they're not doing Social links they've tied them to the Full Moon Shadows instead. Its a bit goofy but at least they're not just fighting through their personas exclusively like P4tA had done.

Second one's out next month probably but I doubt we'll see it until same time next year.

EDIT: Done with Jojo. I'll wait till Stardust Crusaders is wrapped up till I watch it.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2276 on: June 06, 2014, 08:59:13 PM
Slowly trudging through the Canon segment of Sailor Moon R still. I figure I might as well still watch the stuff I have already since it'll be a while till the BD set comes out in the US.

Some thoughts:
-Animation's taken a bump, it looks less like Season 1 now that I'm past Doom Tree.
-Mamoru breaking up with Usagi because of a vague premonition he got? Okay, that's dumb. And it means less Tuxedo Mask theme so that's also a bummer.
-I think there's literally only been like one or two episodes where the other Senshi did anything, its been a lot of Usagi doing everything, Minako and Makoto seem to be hit the hardest with this since they're not only the last two additions in season 1 which already meant they had less screentime, but they also seem to be lucky to get ONE LINE off.
-Chibiusa... She's not as bad as I remember her being. I still don't like her, but she's not onscreen NEARLY as much as I thought she was going to be so big plus there.

It seems to be a bit slower though, not sure if its because I purposefully watched the last season in huge chunks or if its because I've been taking longer breaks, but it seems more talky and less action-y.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2277 on: July 05, 2014, 01:32:21 AM
Finished Sailor Moon R. All the stuff that bugged me about it earlier on, it all made sense as the series wrapped up.

It really wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be with the Chibiusa stuff. Dare I say it, she actually grew on me a bit.

I also liked how the ending involved no senshi deaths. S isn't going to have the same kindness to it though I imagine. Speaking of S, the only copies I have of that are horrid looking R1 DVD rips so I think I'll either wait till somebody subs up the Dynit rips or just wait till the BD set. I'm not watching what's considered the best season on what looks like awful VHS.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2278 on: July 05, 2014, 03:21:26 AM
Hokuto No Ken.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2279 on: July 05, 2014, 04:10:14 AM
That's one of those anime I want to watch, but will never get around to it.

Archer

Reply #2280 on: July 08, 2014, 12:29:55 PM
Since I was feeling in the mood I decided to finally watch Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus and what do you know, some random side stories included as an extra are better than the actual movie itself.

I suppose it helps that they cover characters the viewers already know like Shiki and Fujinon rather than ones no one gives a [parasitic bomb] about like a girl who got a 5 second cameo in the 6th movie or some terrorist bomber.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2281 on: July 17, 2014, 03:11:29 AM
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2282 on: July 17, 2014, 03:24:53 AM
I've been dabbling in Sailor Moon S.

The subtitles are running a bit too early after the eyecatch, but other than that its looking good. Visually its really nice and sharp, definitely glad I waited for a better copy of the series to appear before jumping in with the old copies.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2283 on: July 17, 2014, 08:58:22 AM
I finally finished Kill La Kill.

Holy [parasitic bomb]. That was so intense I'm exhausted just from watching it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #2284 on: July 17, 2014, 09:04:37 AM
Kill la Kill was [parasitic bomb].

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2285 on: July 17, 2014, 09:30:13 AM
Well I liked it.

It's far from perfect, has plenty of issues- but I found it entertaining, and I liked the characters. it's boring if an anime is flawless.

Except Nui. Holy Moley was she obnoxious. but I suppose that was her whole point.

I liked the story too. As silly and over the top as it is, i didn't quite expect it to turn into invasion of the body snatchers type [parasitic bomb] with the life fibers, and all the twists and turns, despite being very cliche and obvious in hindsight, I didn't see coming due to just how silly and formulaic the story was for the most part.

Edit:Nui, not Yui. whoops

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2286 on: July 17, 2014, 09:32:44 AM
there wasn't a character named yui in Kill la Kill.

Though I imagine once they dub her in English she will be voiced by somebody who voices a character named Yui in another "Aniplex Classic".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2287 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:21 AM
Nui. My bad.

Archer

Reply #2288 on: July 17, 2014, 10:56:26 AM

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2289 on: July 17, 2014, 10:59:18 AM
I still need to finish Utena. :\

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2290 on: July 17, 2014, 11:01:15 AM
I have to put Anime on hold for a bit, as I need to binge watch Arrow in time for the new Flash show that comes out soon. I have to decide what to watch when I'm done binge watching that.

Perhaps a Gundam series I have yet to see. Unless anyone here has any recommendations.

Archer

Reply #2291 on: July 17, 2014, 11:03:22 AM
I'd recommend something but I'm pretty sure that our tastes are so different there is little point.

Just remember that there is two Gundam shows airing in October! Maybe it'd be a good idea to give the series a break until then?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2292 on: July 17, 2014, 11:05:01 AM
I have to put Anime on hold for a bit, as I need to binge watch Arrow in time for the new Flash show that comes out soon. I have to decide what to watch when I'm done binge watching that.

Perhaps a Gundam series I have yet to see. Unless anyone here has any recommendations.

For something not anime-related, have you watched Hannibal yet? That's a good bingewatch.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2293 on: July 17, 2014, 11:06:46 AM
I'd recommend something but I'm pretty sure that our tastes are so different there is little point.

Just remember that there is two Gundam shows airing in October! Maybe it'd be a good idea to give the series a break until then?

Perhaps, but I'll always give something a shot. Actually, perhaps I should just watch Jojo. I've been meaning to anyway!

Good point about Gundam as well!

For something not anime-related, have you watched Hannibal yet? That's a good bingewatch.

Yeah, two friends on mine are demanding I watch that, so it's next on the binge list after Arrow.

Archer

Reply #2294 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:48 AM
If you're going to watch JoJo, I'd suggest you keep watching until at least the second part if it doesn't really catch your interest at first. A lot of people who aren't that fond of Part 1 tend to really love Part 2.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2295 on: July 17, 2014, 11:12:19 AM
One of my closest friends loves it and we have very similar tastes, so I'll probably dig it.

Archer

Reply #2296 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:29 AM
Based on what I know of you I assume as much but still, its worth pointing out just in case.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2297 on: July 17, 2014, 11:14:05 AM
I appreciate it!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2298 on: July 17, 2014, 11:14:11 AM
Word of warning, there's some really sick [parasitic bomb] in Hannibal. And I'm not talking about the cannibalism, but rather how disturbing the murders can get.

Pretty surprising for cable television.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2299 on: July 17, 2014, 11:15:08 AM
Yeah I'll admit I still haven't finished part 1 of the manga, part 2 and 3 are much more exciting.  I'm still waiting for a better translation of 4, I don't want to read 6-8 until I finish 4.  5 is still my favorite really.

1 is much different than the others since it deals more with the super natural than the crazy ass shonen it is really known for, but it's still pretty awesome. 

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection