The Mystery of the Forum Users - Take 4

VixyNyan · 750219

Offline EruPii

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • EruPii-RawLand
Reply #2225 on: June 05, 2013, 09:38:22 PM
Maine Coon Hazard, I'm not taking it seriously. :P I've just given an answer to it. :D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2226 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:55 PM
I only answered half of it.

Obviously it doesn't apply to females.

come on

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #2227 on: June 05, 2013, 09:40:03 PM
Don't take it too seriously, mate. Tis but a joke.

Welcome to the board. If you would like a summary of who I am, you could say that I am like that guy who still wants more Firefly and still talks about it, but it's universally known as dead. Just replace Firefly with Megaman (mostly X).

I'm also competing with JKB on who can delay their revolutionary 16-bit fangame longer without contact or progress reports... -u-'

EDIT: Ninjas up in dis thread.

what

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2228 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:41 PM
Obviously it doesn't apply to females.

come on

Then we should make one up.
Darnit, where's Hitomi when we need her the most.

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2229 on: June 05, 2013, 09:47:09 PM
I have one in mind, but it's probably too offensive.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2230 on: June 05, 2013, 09:52:28 PM
I have one in mind, but it's probably too offensive.

The more offensive, the better. C'mon, think like a Harkonnen, will ya.

I also had one in mind, but I'm struggling to put the words together.

Fear me.

Offline Ageman20XX

• Super Programming Robot
  • Cyberelf
  • Retro Mega Man and Pokémon Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man RPG Prototype
Reply #2231 on: July 07, 2013, 09:16:47 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Adrian Marceau (I often go by Ageman20XX on forums such as this one) and I'm a huge Mega Man fan (well duh!) that likes to draw and program in my spare time.  By day I work as an Web Application Developer for a hospitality marketing company, but by night I'm the lead artist and programmer for the Mega Man RPG Prototype fangame (something I've been working on casually for the last several years).  I also love to cook, I play lots of different genres of video games, and really enjoy blazing through documentaries, animes, sitcoms and even dramas via Netflix with my partner.  In addition to Mega Man, I also have affinities for the Pokémon games, Zelda (plus most other things Nintendo), and Avatar the Last Airbender / Legend of Korra (incredibly cartoon series if you haven't seen it).

I'm pretty sure I used to have an account here, but I guess it was so long ago that the board got switched or the account got pruned.  That's okay though - the username wasn't taken so I'm all good. :P  I used to create a lot of Mega Man and Pokémon fanart and post it on the forums and my portfolio website, including a lot of Powered Up conversions and even a short-lived Powered Up TCG.  Lately, however, I've been too tied up with real-life work and the aforementioned fangame that I barely get time for drawing anymore.  >_>  Oh well!  

Either way, I've been a fan of the website and lurked on these boards for a long time - reading up on the latest fan projects and what have you - but it's only recently that my own endeavor is far enough along that I'm not (as) embarrassed showing it off to all of you in this megalithic community.  And so I created an account, read the rules, and here I am introducing myself to all you wonderful people.  I hope to be an active and positive member of the community, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the forum! :D

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2232 on: July 07, 2013, 09:29:51 PM
Since you're new here, its only fair that you answer this simple question.

...But since you claim to already know that answer. Welcome back.

Fear me.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2233 on: July 07, 2013, 09:33:23 PM
Hey there Ageyman.
I hope we can get along and you won't cause trouble.

I also hope you won't be scared too much by me.
Because I'm an [dark hold].

That is to say, welcome and feel free to post A LOT.

[spoiler]I wish to express my hatred for you, because you can draw pretty pictures, while I cannot.[/spoiler]

Offline Ageman20XX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man RPG Prototype
Reply #2234 on: July 07, 2013, 11:59:06 PM
Haha, I don't know if I'm that bad of a dude, but thanks for the welcome.  XD  And I promise not to cause any trouble, (but thanks for the scary compliment though :P).  Glad to be here, and I'll try not to be a stranger.  By the way, if either of you are bored maybe you should check out my new thread?  ;)  *hint hint* 

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2235 on: July 08, 2013, 12:34:52 AM
*hint hint* 

Finally I have an excuse to use this.
Take no offense to it, man. I just wanted to post it in order to convey the message that I am aware of your thread, and you need not hint at it.

Also, holy crackers, the letters on this image of mine look terrible when resized.

Posted on: July 07, 2013, 10:23:44 PM
And I just noticed my image has a [tornado fang]ing typo.
Metally instead of Mentally.

Now I feel like a Mentally Impaired Mongoloid.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #2236 on: July 08, 2013, 01:21:02 AM
Does metally impaired mean you were struck by a metal object?

Anyways welcome to the forum. You're probably going to release your big game project before mine, by the way. :P

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2237 on: July 08, 2013, 01:53:24 AM
Holy crap, Ageman!  It's certainly been an age since I last saw you.  How's it going?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2238 on: July 08, 2013, 01:58:33 AM
I just realized, that I missed out on EruPii's appearance.
Fiddlesticks.

Holy crap, Ageman!  It's certainly been an age since I last saw you.  How's it going?

You know him?

Offline Ageman20XX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man RPG Prototype
Reply #2239 on: July 08, 2013, 02:39:04 AM
@Celestia Ludenberg  :  Sorry for the blatant self-promotion, I'm just so excited to share with all the other creative and talented Mega Man fans here (however niche and... strange it is).  I will be less annoying in the future.  >_>

@Suppercut  :  I tried looking through the Fan Games forum and checkout out your website, but I can't find any Mega Man games.  Maybe I'm blind?  :S  I'd love a link to something I could watch or view or play or even just information about it.  Love fan-projects.  :)

@Quickman  :  THE Quickman?!  I have missed you all so much.  :')  I've been good, and it's great to see you again.  I spent a lot of time working on failed game ideas and prototypes instead of drawing and posting on the Mega Man Network forums, and then after my very public fall out with a certain member of the (now dead and buggy) Master Level List I got kind of rattled and retreated to obscurity, only occasionally posting to my own blog.  Basically I hid myself with I tried to repair myself.  ;)  But I'm older and smarter now and care much less about what other people think of me so I'm slowing coming back out and enjoying (what's left of) the fandom.  I'm glad to see that this community is still as active as it is, and I'm excited to be a part of it again.  ^_^

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2240 on: July 08, 2013, 03:01:10 AM
@Celestia Ludenberg  :  Sorry for the blatant self-promotion, I'm just so excited to share with all the other creative and talented Mega Man fans here (however niche and... strange it is).  I will be less annoying in the future.  >_>

S'alright.
It's just that I am a little wary and easily get irritated when someone appears on the forum and only posts updates for his fan game.
Not saying you are like that, just that it seems to happen more often than you think.
Sorry for being a jerk.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2241 on: July 08, 2013, 03:04:40 AM
Indeed, ever since the cancelation of Legends 3 it seems that the amount of people dumping their fan games and let the, gather dust with maybe the occasional update every 6 months to a year has at least doubled, though that's probably an exaggeration but it feels like that to me.  

However it seems that you actually have something promising, regardless enjoy your stay here.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2242 on: July 08, 2013, 03:05:56 AM
I just realized, that I missed out on EruPii's appearance.
Fiddlesticks.

The only reason he joined the site was to ask what gender Slur is.

After it was answered, he left. :P

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2243 on: July 08, 2013, 03:07:48 AM
The only reason he joined the site was to ask what gender Slur is.

After it was answered, he left. :P

I don't know if that's better or worse than the people who make an account and never use it.

Offline Ageman20XX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man RPG Prototype
Reply #2244 on: July 08, 2013, 03:14:35 AM
I understand your reservations, and I thank you for not insta-banning me.  >_>  I can see what you're saying about the amount of fan-games and fan-projects, though I imagine it's just the natural evolution of there not being any more official games to discuss or post about.  I mean, there's only Rockman Xover which everyone seems to hate (I'm aware of the similarities to my own game... >_>) and there's Mega Man in Smash (which is incredible but still not a new game) so I feel like this is how the community copes - they try to fill the void that Capcom has created until they get back on top of it.  This isn't counting all the fantastic external media Mega Man's been involved in lately (comics and toys and whatnot) but those kinds of projects have a different type of audience.  At least that's the way I perceive the situation... Either way though, I get where you're all coming from and I'll try to find other ways to contribute than just posting updates (which have been at least weekly for close to a year, so I'm not going anywhere!).  Thank you again for having me and sorry for the trouble!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2245 on: July 08, 2013, 03:23:21 AM
I understand your reservations, and I thank you for not insta-banning me.  >_>  I can see what you're saying about the amount of fan-games and fan-projects, though I imagine it's just the natural evolution of there not being any more official games to discuss or post about.  I mean, there's only Rockman Xover which everyone seems to hate (I'm aware of the similarities to my own game... >_>) and there's Mega Man in Smash (which is incredible but still not a new game) so I feel like this is how the community copes - they try to fill the void that Capcom has created until they get back on top of it.  This isn't counting all the fantastic external media Mega Man's been involved in lately (comics and toys and whatnot) but those kinds of projects have a different type of audience.  At least that's the way I perceive the situation... Either way though, I get where you're all coming from and I'll try to find other ways to contribute than just posting updates (which have been at least weekly for close to a year, so I'm not going anywhere!).  Thank you again for having me and sorry for the trouble!

Rational and understanding.

I think I'm liking you!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2246 on: July 08, 2013, 03:24:22 AM
You're a cool guy.
I like you.

I think I'm liking you!

Back off, dude. I liked him first!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2247 on: July 08, 2013, 03:24:32 AM

I think I'm liking you!
I know, this is very rare to see now a days.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2248 on: July 08, 2013, 03:54:48 AM
Woa woa woa. What's with the liking first and stuff. Be civilized gentlemen, and duel to the death!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2249 on: July 08, 2013, 03:56:14 AM
Woa woa woa. What's with the liking first and stuff. Be civilized gentlemen, and duel to the death!
But I'm not a gentleman.
I'm a pretty gothic lady.