Why hasn't there been other scientists to create their own robots?

Waifu · 4449

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
One thing I don't get about the X games, why hasn't Dr. Light found any apprentices or create something to contain his knowledge on robots? Why has there yet to be a scientist who can completely replicate X or at least created their own robot? And why hasn't there been any advancement in robotics until X came along? Discuss.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Why has there yet to be a scientist who can completely replicate X or at least created their own robot?

ZERO SERIES [chameleon sting]er, HAVE YOU PLAYED IT? XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
-Remember X's insides are supposed to be too [tornado fang]ing complicated.
-There are other people building robots, they're just as unimportant as their creations XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Because how does he know he can trust someone? He never got himself an assistant or apprentice because he never needed one, since he had Megaman and later Roll and Auto. He never needed to hire anyone. And by the time he built X, he was way to old to take someone under his wing. It was just too late. Just like X needed time for his reliability to be confirmed, an assistant or successor also needs time to be judged. Time Light did not have. plus since when do you hear of a scientist just giving away his secrets to the next in line? No, you don't, because they don't. The leave behind Notes, and works of their trade, but never their deep and personal secrets of the trade. They just leave behind the basic parts of their research, and the slightly complicated bits that are publicly showable. Plus, the technology and knowledge to create a robot the likes of X? Are you crazy? Why in God's name would that be a good idea? What if someone like Wily got their hands on it? Wily may be the one who set out on world conquest, but there are other people who would use that technology for dark ends. organizations who would create robots for war or sell it to the highest bidder. X was barely ready for his birth era, why would Light leave behind his inner workings as well?

Also, other scientists?

Who's this guy, Chopped Liver?

all because they were not shown, does not mean there were not any. where do you think Mets came from? and every other enemy NOT made by Wily? (any stage enemy that's just a reprogrammed worker robot)

plus,
ZERO SERIES [chameleon sting]er, HAVE YOU PLAYED IT? XD
That.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
A little girl was able to rebuild X....

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
A little girl with brain enhancements.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
A genetically enhanced little girl with genius ancestors.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
exactly. The point still stands she was not born a genius because her folks were smart. she was genetically modified to be a genius from birth.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
exactly. The point still stands she was not born a genius because her folks were smart. she was genetically modified to be a genius from birth.

Ciel is a prodigy amongst even the genetically engineered children, being able to reproduce complicated experiments with the greatest of ease at such a young age. This is because of her family lineage, why else did you think she had an empathic connection with Cyber Elves?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I STILL doubt she would be able to make Copy X if she was born without the enhancements. because if so, then sure, she would still be pretty damn smart, but she would not be able to make Copy X. she built him from the combination of her own smarts, and the ones implanted by drugs shocks and implants and such.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
I was totally hoping this was going to be a classic series discussion. There's so many others there who never get mentioned, but get a little bit of notoriety because Wily enjoys stealing their [parasitic bomb].

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
I STILL doubt she would be able to make Copy X if she was born without the enhancements.
Oh yes, it took both factors.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
I was just thinking at the time in Mega Man 6 as well Mega Man X3-8 and Zero, they wer ecapable scientists weho created their own robots yet I rarely hear of them and they had either had been taken by Wily, infected/"convinced" by Sigma to become Maverick or had been disposed of entirely.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
all the other scientists are busy inventing cancer

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
lol, wut?

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account

Also, other scientists?

Who's this guy, Chopped Liver?

Nope, a popular one-shot character.
plus,That.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:13:09 AM by CyberXIII »

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.