CyberXIII · 47636

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: June 26, 2009, 12:50:38 PM
As for Sigma Virus....it's not so hard to understand either:

Zero was created with the Virus within him, at this point, the Virus had no name. At some point in time, Zero awakens with his precise mission being unknown. He is found by Gamma team, wandering in a forbidden area. Zero wipes out Gamma Team and is, then, met by Sigma. Sigma battles with Zero and as the Battle Climax to an End, the Virus in Zero, which still bears no name, is tranferred to Sigma. Zero(I ASSUME) is still a carrier at that point and so is Sigma. Zero is repaired by Dr.Cain and, from now on, Zero shows no apparent sign of Irregularity and is watched over by Sigma. The virus continues to spread and causes more MAverick outbreaks, Zero and Sigma keep on fighting while spreading it at the same time. At some point, Sigma decides to rebel against humanity. At that point, the Virus STILL has no distinct name and is just called Maverick Virus. Then after X2 or X3( not sure), It is discovered that Sigma is spreading a virus which turns Reploids Maverick. FROM THAT POINT ON, the Virus is called Sigma Virus because nobody in the X Games ever knew( and for that fact will nener know) that the Virus originated from Zero. Before The Virus was discovered, Everyone thought The Maverick Phenomenon was caused by errors in their brain circuit. Then The Virus ,which Sigma caught from Zero, was discovered, but since nobody knew it originated from Zero and instead thought it originated from Sigma, they called it the Sigma Virus.

The fact that Zero is a carrier will be found out many many years later at the end of the Maverick wars.

At least, that's what I understand, things that I have just said might be untrue and based on personal opinions.

What about when it was called the Zero Virus for a short time? The collision after the colony in space in X5 ended up creating an even deadlier virus that seemed to relate to Zero and was called the Zero Virus? What was up with that?

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #51 on: June 26, 2009, 11:43:50 PM
That was a custom developed Virus by mixing the Colony Virus and the Sigma Virus. It is a composite Virus brought by both those. It isn't the initial Virus...

It was called the Zero Virus because after it's creation it gave off a signature similar to Zero. To which Alia dubbed it the Zero Virus.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #52 on: July 03, 2009, 04:35:57 AM
Boy, I always new the X series was confusing, but this is ridiculous.

Capcom can make fun games, but they can't make a decent timeline to save themselves.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 03, 2009, 05:59:27 AM
Inticreates.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #54 on: July 03, 2009, 06:03:01 AM
Boy, I always new the X series was confusing, but this is ridiculous.

Capcom can make fun games, but they can't make a decent timeline to save themselves.

It is explained rather well within the X5 Still Framed cut scenes. But don't worry, R20 X will hit the states late this year to early next year. It should help clear up anything... As long as it isn't translated in portion poorly as the ZOCW was... Good ol Suffering Circuit ruse...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #55 on: July 03, 2009, 12:30:54 PM
Hopefully it won't have pages end in the middle of a sentence too.
Please tell us a little about how the idea of a sequel came about.
AIZU: Towards the end of production, we felt that the characters involved in this game were quite memorable in their own right, and that it would be a shame to let their story end so soon. To that end, we adjusted things a bit to leave it open for a sequel, but that's also why most of the game is not indicative of a planned sequel. The real question of whether or not we were going to do a sequel came up after we were pretty much done. Since we had left the first game with such an open ending, I think that we managed to pull off the

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 04, 2009, 02:18:25 AM
Oh, and if the Zero in Z1 was a copy, why did they need to seal him away?  Wasn't the original virus in the original body?

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #57 on: July 04, 2009, 02:29:07 AM
Zero was sealed for an undetermined amount of time. During that Seal, Zero was moved into a replicated body. Since that consciousness is 'Sealed', he would still be sealed within the replicated body. He was ported. His stasis didn't change.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 04, 2009, 04:08:02 AM
Zero was sealed for an undetermined amount of time. During that Seal, Zero was moved into a replicated body. Since that consciousness is 'Sealed', he would still be sealed within the replicated body. He was ported. His stasis didn't change.
after the Elf wars. After Omega and Weil were stopped, Zero Sealed himself again. Its a whole drama track Zechs... >_>;
And he sealed himself for fear of his destiny, not his body or the virus. He has constantly been used to cause havoc and destruction.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #59 on: July 04, 2009, 07:09:30 AM
Wasn't talking about the resealing. I was referring to the initial sealing. His initial sealing was the case that Weil got involved and Omega was born... Not after his awakening again...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 04, 2009, 08:04:13 AM
Except theres no instance that actually says he was put into a copy body UNTIL He was awakened to help X. It says they put him in a copy body and sent him out on the battlefield. For all we know, His mind was stored in a floppy disk until the time came for him to fight again. and It would make sense too. His consciousness was removed from his body for whatever reason, most likely to protect it in case anything happened to the body. It was probably stored somewhere externally. then when they saw they needed him, they built a replica body.

unless im wrong.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #61 on: July 04, 2009, 09:09:19 AM
I would have assumed they produced the Copy Body in case they couldn't revive Zero from the research outcome they were doing. A protocol procedure in other words. Plus since it would take time for a replica body to be produced it wouldn't make sense if the copy body was produced for the sole reason to fight Omega with X...

Of course, that is only another speculation...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 04, 2009, 01:10:49 PM
But don't worry, R20 X will hit the states late this year to early next year. It should help clear up anything...

R20 is NOT a story book.

Oh, and if the Zero in Z1 was a copy, why did they need to seal him away?  Wasn't the original virus in the original body?

Zero: As long as I'm around...the bloodstained history will repeat itself.
Zero: I've been constantly thinking...  For whom...for what...must we Repliroids kill one another...  Even at such a time...you kept believing in humans...  I trust you as my friend...  So...the words of the humans whom you believe in...I want to believe in.

I would have assumed they produced the Copy Body in case they couldn't revive Zero from the research outcome they were doing. A protocol procedure in other words. Plus since it would take time for a replica body to be produced it wouldn't make sense if the copy body was produced for the sole reason to fight Omega with X...

MMZOCW specifically points out Zero awakened in the copy body during the Elf Wars.

How long it has been in production is not stated, but the production of the copy body is entirely related to the production of Omega.

But really, what doesn't make sense? The Elf Wars is a four year war. Omega was started early on and a copy of X could be made by a 9 year old girl genius whose ancestor was a scientist alive during the Elf Wars and involved in Project Elpis..

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #63 on: July 04, 2009, 09:33:37 PM
R20 is NOT a story book.

Never said it was. It will obviously consist of some source material.

MMZOCW specifically points out Zero awakened in the copy body during the Elf Wars.

How long it has been in production is not stated, but the production of the copy body is entirely related to the production of Omega.

But really, what doesn't make sense? The Elf Wars is a four year war. Omega was started early on and a copy of X could be made by a 9 year old girl genius whose ancestor was a scientist alive during the Elf Wars and involved in Project Elpis..

I wasn't infringing on that Fact.
The Copy Body was created in production of Omega. I wasn't ignoring that either. Just stating that the Copy Body wasn't created to counter Omega. That is all.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 11:49:50 AM
Just to remind you guys.
As MMZOCW states, Zero´s new body has more potencial than his original body.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 05, 2009, 01:53:29 PM
The statement is:

"showing at least as much if not more potential than the last".

Which is not the same as saying in fact that it has more potential. He has certain additions like the transformable Z-saber. And who knows where the Form Change system comes in. But it also has several things it lacks compared to the original. There is the clear cut lack of a ground punch and a 2x buster - saber combo. We could also put heavy question marks behind the new gameplay limitations of Zero's Learning Ability and the related lack of originality between titles.

All in all, that statement exists solely, beyond the matter of 'heart', to excuse the fact that a copy could do such impossible things as depicted in the games. He after all plowed through all the Vile Numbers, followed by three Dark Elf enhanced forms of Omega.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #66 on: July 05, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
You know, something just occurred to me, which may be related to the question of how many sabers Omega holds.  Assuming the Z-Saber wave is not a charged attack (which, barring X3's gameplay limitations, it never is), Omega lacks the ability to charge the saber and buster at the same time.

Model OX can, but only when Overdrive is off.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 07, 2009, 05:19:52 AM
@Hypershell  Gameplay mechanic.

I wonder why Omega never used a technique outside of Ryuenjin and Rakuhouha....

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #68 on: July 08, 2009, 12:12:54 AM
The saber wave is a technique, as is the air spin mini-waves.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 08, 2009, 03:10:42 AM
He uses Tenshouha, (the beam of light is Tenshouha for all intents and purpouses, and the ground pound from X2.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 08, 2009, 05:12:01 AM
I mean techniques you as the player could use in the X series.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 08, 2009, 04:36:59 PM
Shot-Shot-Saber was in X3. (although Omega uses the X2 version.) Tenshouha is an X8 move, Rakuhouha and Ryuuenjin are X4, and Ox uses Rekkouha from X6 instead of Tenshouha. those are all X series moves. thats the whole point of Omega Zero. he uses X series moves, to emphasize that its Zero's body from the X series.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 08, 2009, 10:09:34 PM
I meant the copied saber attacks, like Hyouretsuzan and Shipuuga.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 09, 2009, 12:03:58 AM
So Shipuuga and Hyouretsuzan are copied, yet Rakuhouha, Ryuuenjin, and Rekkouha are not? He only uses select moves. And all because he has them doesnt mean he is going to use them...

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 09, 2009, 02:53:12 AM
When I said techniques, I meant saber techniques, not Giga Attacks.  That's a different matter.