About Omega

CyberXIII · 47781

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 09, 2009, 03:01:23 AM
He uses a variation of the crescent sword. from X5 (instead of one big crecent, he shoots pout several) He also uses split heavens. then he also has that giga where he slashes you 7 times.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #76 on: July 09, 2009, 08:30:18 PM
That 7-slash attack was a street fighter reference.  He never used it in the X games.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #77 on: July 09, 2009, 09:20:08 PM
Street fighter reference?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #78 on: July 10, 2009, 02:56:53 AM
Many fans liken it to Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu.  Of course, none of the Street Fighter characters use a sword, and Shun Goku Satsu always blacks/whites out so you can't see what's going on, and delivers far more than seven hits.  They just see a similar theme of "go nuts and kill something", I guess.

(although Omega uses the X2 version.)
It doesn't directly match any version, as Omega is the first (not counting X) to have varying buster strength between the two shots.  But if you must draw a comparison X5 would probably be your closest, due to firing both shots out of a single buster.

Tenshouha is an X8 move, Rakuhouha and Ryuuenjin are X4, and Ox uses Rekkouha from X6 instead of Tenshouha. those are all X series moves. thats the whole point of Omega Zero. he uses X series moves, to emphasize that its Zero's body from the X series.
The carry-over of X-series attack names for Omega (and likewise Model OX) is fan-based.  I'm unaware of any official source for the names of his moves (one more reason to curse the fact that Model O isn't in ZXA).  And Inti already has a track record of renaming the exact same attack, a rising fire move is after all in every game from Z2 to ZX.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 10, 2009, 11:27:55 PM
Varying buster strength aside, it more closely matches the X2 version.  No homing effect, and the saber wave doesn't oscillate.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 11, 2009, 12:29:42 AM
The carry-over of X-series attack names for Omega (and likewise Model OX) is fan-based.  I'm unaware of any official source for the names of his moves (one more reason to curse the fact that Model O isn't in ZXA).  And Inti already has a track record of renaming the exact same attack, a rising fire move is after all in every game from Z2 to ZX.
need to call em something. so they get the name of the closest X series attack they resemble.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 11, 2009, 05:34:34 PM
I get that.  It's just that people read it, don't know where it came from, and get the message that it's "the same attack".  It isn't.  Obvious homage, but still.

Thus we get our grey areas such as Tenshouha vs. Rekkoha.  Which is Omega's healing move?  Truth be told is matches neither, Tenshouha is a single solid beam and neither should be rotating.  Likewise, Rekkoha comes from above, so OX's max charged criss-crossing ground punch doesn't match it either.  The only real logic to matching Tenshouha to Omega and Rekkoha to OX is comparable range (and really Omega has more width than Tenshouha does).

Zero and derivatives thereof (Omega, OX) have collectively seen 14 different ground-punching attacks, with 8 names thus far having been given for them.  The only names to ever be repeated were Earth Gaizer and Shin Messenko, and that is when the attacks were frame-for-frame identical.

No homing effect
Only applicable to the saber wave, as X5 has both homing and non-homing buster shots.

Of course, the move and its derivatives originate in X2, same for ground punching, so it's fitting enough.

Using a uppercut-slash to launch a saber wave was never done previously either.  Nice touch, I think.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 11, 2009, 06:39:41 PM
That 7-slash attack was a street fighter reference.  He never used it in the X games.

Unless you count Zero's Command Arts.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 11, 2009, 06:54:46 PM
Nice shot, Oakes.  I forgot about that one.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 11, 2009, 07:35:32 PM
Using a uppercut-slash to launch a saber wave was never done previously either.  Nice touch, I think.
Omega doesn't do that...?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 11, 2009, 08:06:38 PM
No, Omega does.  I meant it was never done before him.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 11, 2009, 10:19:33 PM
Oh right, uppercut slash, not rising slash.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 12, 2009, 02:52:26 AM
Either one could be called the Rising slash, as the track record for both has been established in portable titles.  But yeah, I meant the standing one.  To avoid confusion I'd use "Rising Fang" as the jumping one.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: July 12, 2009, 04:16:09 AM
Isn't that Split Heavens?

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: July 12, 2009, 05:30:20 AM
Unless you count Zero's Command Arts.
And I don't, as Zero was capable of far more slashes in CM.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 12, 2009, 05:37:43 AM
In the Rockman ZX Official Complete Guide, Omega's moves have official names. But they're not exactly befitting. I think there might have been an error somewhere, but as it stands, these are the only Japanese Capcom-published names that I know of.

トリプルスラッシュ - Triple Slash
チャージセイバー - Charge Saber
アークブレード - Arc Blade
ダブルチャージウェーブ - Double Charge Wave

Those ones should be obvious enough, now for the trickier ones.

龍炎刃 - Ryuuenjin - What the Brady Games ZX guide calls "Rising Fang" officially shares the move name with X4's special uppercut move from Dragoon, even though Omega doesn't use the elemental version himself.

滅閃光 - Messenkou
裂光覇 - Rekkouha - The ground pound moves. These two are odd. Messenkou from X5's Hotarunicus and Rekouha from X6's Mijinion. Omega's Messenkou is the beam that comes down over himself, and Rekkouha is the 5-directional spread shot. If you know these moves from the games they came from, then you'd probably think it was the exact opposite, X5's messenkou is a spread shot and X6's rekkouha brings down beams of light. I thought it might have been a label editing error, but the pictures and descriptions are consistent in the terminology. They're just weirdly named.

乱舞 - Ranbu - "War Dance" "Boisterous Dance" "Crazy Dance" "Berserker Dance" are some things you could translate it as. Real name of the "7 hit combo" which the guide book describes as a 5 slash combo, followed by Ryuuenjin. Zero can upgrade his combos to 7-swing in X7 and 5-swing in X8, so it doesn't seem too strange.

For funsies, Model OX overdrive move names:

龍炎刃 - Ryuuenjin - With the actual flames this time.
アークブレード - Arc Blade - With iciness.
真空刃 - Shinkuujin - "Vacuum Blade" elec element saber wave.
アースクラッシュ - Earth Crush - Zero's uncharged ground pounding move, the old X2 name instead of the later used "Earth Geyser"
滅閃光 - Messenkou - The next charge level up, attacks at 180 degrees just like its X5 namesake, but more like what Omega calls Rekkouha.
裂光覇 - Rekkouha - Also resembles the X6 version, the fully charged ground pound. These labels are much more accurate than Omega's move names. Strange.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 12, 2009, 07:34:20 PM
Forgot X7's 7-hit, too. >_<  I guess the longer combos with Zero just aren't my favorite moves, or something.

Real name of the "7 hit combo" which the guide book describes as a 5 slash combo, followed by Ryuuenjin.
Which is incorrect, as I've gone through that attack frame-by-frame.  It's 6 hits + Ryuuenjin.  Two slashes (2nd combo and uppercut) are repeated so it could be taken as 4 unique moves + Ryuuenjin, but either way, 5 + Ryuuenjin doesn't work.

Given their lack of attention to detail, and the switcheroo with Model OX, I think the Messenko/Rekkoha issue can be safely attributed to an error on their part (similar to the X2 "Neo Sigma" mixup from our other discussion).

Either way, this is nice ammunition for the drones that continue to claim that the Zero-series disregards everything after X5.

アースクラッシュ - Earth Crush - Zero's uncharged ground pounding move, the old X2 name instead of the later used "Earth Geyser"
Huh, I never knew there were official names for the attacks in X2.  Any others of note from back then, like his dashing attack?

Isn't that Split Heavens?
One of many names that has been applied.  That one is Z3 as I recall, but it was fire-based, as it is every time it appears in the Zero series (sans Omega).

The two neutral-element names for it known without having to translate japanese books (thanks, Marshmallow) are Rising (Xtremes) and Rising Fang (ZX Advent).  The earlier is confusing due to "Rising slash" being used to describe the standing attack in the Zero series.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 12, 2009, 08:49:39 PM
BUT T3H 0 s3r13s d03sn't h@v3 @nyting t0 d00 w1t t3h X6! LOLOLOLO

Excuse me, I'm sick.  Anyway, I wonder why they didn't give Omega elemental attacks?  Or a down slash?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 13, 2009, 12:57:00 AM
BUT T3H 0 s3r13s d03sn't h@v3 @nyting t0 d00 w1t t3h X6! LOLOLOLO

Excuse me, I'm sick.  Anyway, I wonder why they didn't give Omega elemental attacks?  Or a down slash?
Dont ever do that again. also, it has everything to do with X6.

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 13, 2009, 05:00:29 AM
And I don't, as Zero was capable of far more slashes in CM.

That's silly logic. The Command Arts still follow the same principle, lunge at the enemy and slice it down.

Omega's combo hurts enough as it is in the game. Any more hits would be overkill.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 15, 2009, 08:27:29 PM
So?  Ever use Z3's dash attack against Omega?

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: July 15, 2009, 10:25:17 PM
So?  Ever use Z3's dash attack against Omega?

What's your point?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 16, 2009, 12:56:27 AM
I believe his point is that the Zero series allows serious overkill as the player against bosses.

However, one has to bear in mind that Inti, for reasons beyond my comprehension, gauges their challenge level to default health gauges, which are about a quarter of what the Zero series actually allows outside of Hard Mode.  I find that perhaps their single most annoying habit.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: July 20, 2009, 06:14:10 PM
Dont ever do that again. also, it has everything to do with X6.

Forgive the l33tspeak.  It was a joke.  What does X6 have to do with Omega's techniques?

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: July 20, 2009, 10:32:59 PM
It's 6 hits + Ryuuenjin.

I think they count the "jump-in (slash)" as separate from the combo. The advice talks about how it can be avoided before the combo begins.

Either way, this is nice ammunition for the drones that continue to claim that the Zero-series disregards everything after X5.

If the more obvious tie-ins didn't sway said drones, I doubt that an obscure one will, but it does add to the already insurmountable evidence.

Huh, I never knew there were official names for the attacks in X2.  Any others of note from back then, like his dashing attack?

No "real" name for that, just dash attack or dash strike. His blocking didn't have one either, just referred to as block or guard. His buster shot was called the Zero Buster then, and a fully charged shot was dubbed "Hyper Zero Blaster" to match X's "Hyper X Blaster" shot. "Double Charge Wave" was introduced along with "Earth Crush." I think that's about it.