If I were a super villain

Align · 26325

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 05, 2009, 10:43:12 PM
I could be wrong, though. Different people have different versions of the tales, I guess.

That's the case with every mthology out there. Mouth-to-mouth spread of beliefs tends to do that.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 05, 2009, 10:53:32 PM
Oh, of course. That's one of the reasons I like mythology; there's so many different versions of the same stories!

On a more topic-relevant point, what exactly constitutes a super-villain? Do they have to be the foe of a comic book superhero? Or does it just refer to any grandiose evil-doer who at least acts or is in a similar position to a comic book foe? Do they have to be in charge of large organisations and want to rule the world? Would, say, a serial killer like Jason Voorhees or Johan Liebert be considered a super-villain; or would they have to be more akin to the Joker to achieve that moniker?

For that matter, does the Joker count as a super-villain, given that he doesn't want to conquer the world, doesn't have any giant robots or death rays and usually works by himself?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 05, 2009, 11:00:52 PM
For that matter, does the Joker count as a super-villain, given that he doesn't want to conquer the world, doesn't have any giant robots or death rays and usually works by himself?

The Joker is the most DANGEROUS kind of Super-Villain.  He's a psychotic genius & an anarchist.  He doesn't want to conquer the world, he wants to watch it burn and laugh while it does.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 05, 2009, 11:21:27 PM
Certainly, and I think he's a great villain for it, but I'm just curious as to what's the difference between a super-villain and Plain Joe Fluff villain? Or is it like the difference between a superhero and an ordinary hero?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 06:24:04 AM
Most regular villains do your basic crime.  Stealing, robbery, maybe a hostage situation or something like that.  Super villains are the powerful, the anarchists, the ego-maniacal.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 08:43:51 PM
Ohhhhh, I see. I'm just curious, because I don't read comic books and I was wondering if there was a distinct line that seperates the ordinary villain from the super-villain. n_n

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 08:50:25 PM
If I was a supervillain...
Jesus Christ, if I was a supervillain I would be dead quicker than you can say "[tornado fang]ing ASS".

I mean, I'm so lazy, that before I would even begin my world domination... I would be killed by Wonder Woman, or some [parasitic bomb]. She likes to kill people I hear.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 03:31:58 PM
If he ever won in Gotham City he would probably move on to the rest of the world. Assuming he wouldn't be dispirited by the lack of Batman to taunt.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 08:52:17 AM
The Joker's had his fair share of devices though. many of which he makes himself.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: November 12, 2009, 03:21:27 AM
If I were a super villan I would go out there and beat the crap out of the hero, and just in case he comes back in an episode or two, Id break his leg, then when it would heal up, I would break the other one, then if he got a replacemeant would brainwash him to doing my laundry and totally doing crap for me. Oh yeah and I would have a suit I would put on to control molecules, hencforth practically messing with space and time itself. Then once the hero and I had one final face off I would waste one entire issue/episode or two talking about my evil plans and our views on the world, instead of just talking, I would be silently generating a cannon that would hold the hero in place then take out my ray gun, ot make him CARRAMEL DANCE. Then retire all while giving the hero some kind of disease that would make him do different kinds of dances every time the sun came up or he saw any type of citrus.
So yeah, standard bad guy.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 12, 2009, 11:07:46 PM
If he ever won in Gotham City he would probably move on to the rest of the world. Assuming he wouldn't be dispirited by the lack of Batman to taunt.
Some comics have scenarios where Batman seemingly dies and the Joker turns to a life of normalcy or simply goes catatonic.

In the event Joker did take Gotham, he'd be stopped by one of the many more powerful superheroes waiting in the DC Universe. Hell, even Spider-Man has had to lay the smackdown on the Joker.

Offline redjirachi

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: January 13, 2010, 11:25:14 AM
If I was a super-villain I'd turn myself into a power-absorbing cyborg.Then get a group of infiltrating robots to get all the world's nuclear arsenal,and I would threaten to destroy every city unless the nations surrended to me. Then I'd take the world's armies and convert them into cyborgs,spreading my rule across the universe,and ultimately the whole multiverse via theiving alien tech.Also,I would have millions of concubines,including your mom 8)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #62 on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:14 AM
If I was a super villain, EVERY SINGLE link on this website will take you to a Rick Roll'd video. >: 3

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 03:23:33 AM
If I were a super villain, I'd hack this website to make it into a Twilight fan forum.

Imagine all the lovely people it could attract!

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Archer

Reply #64 on: March 23, 2013, 03:40:54 AM
If I were a super villain I probably wouldn't accomplish much due to laziness.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 12:46:32 PM
If I were a super villain I probably kill off all the plain looking human species (mostly males since I'll just splice the females to my desires) in the universe and the technology they invented.

Fear me.