Gotham Ranger · 28514

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 08:10:57 AM
my mistake.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 09:02:42 PM
Specifically, it was stated in character profiles on the Z1 Remastered Tracks website.

Ultimate Buster is an X-only chip. you're probably thinking of Buster Plus.
Or Overdrive.  Kinda pointless on Zero, IMHO, since the X6 Z-Buster rocks all socks regardless, but it's a nifty effect to see.

What exactly is the power this thing packs in X5 and X6? Its slow in X5 and pretty meh, but everyone where I've read about X6 says its more powerful. I've notice both seem more powerful at close range, but other than that I really don't see how much energy these things take from an enemy. Anyone got any info on it in comparison to the X Buster?
What makes the X6 Z-Buster awesome varies depending on who you're shooting at.  Either way the speed beats the hell out of X5's pointless charge-up.

On stage enemies, at close range, a single Z-Buster shot scores repeated hits, causing huge damage.  But what I REALLY love about the Z-Buster is its effect on bosses.  Against any boss, at any range, the Z-Buster always scores high damage.  You can wipe out the likes of Blizzard Wolfang and Sigma's first body without having to even move.  Works great on Rainy Turtloid, as well, since it's impossible to use Hydroga on him.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:15:10 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 09:21:50 PM
to each their own. at least X6 doesn't have a mandatory autoscrolling stage.
part of blaze heatnix's stage? >>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 09:47:21 PM
part of blaze heatnix's stage? >>
And Gate's stage.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 09:19:25 PM
Okay, I have a question related to this topic. Since Zero 1, Zero has the Bustershot from Milan. From what I have heard, Inti Creates said that the Bustershot was always in Zero´s arsenal even before the Zero 1 occured. I know that the Bustershot is only a design change from a arm cannon to a pistol.
Now to the point. When the Bustershot was always part of his arsenal, then Dr. Wily´s intention was to give him pistols instead of two arm cannons (Omega uses a pistol). Now imagine this with Zero´s first death or his shot on Sigma in the X5 ending. Zero:" X take my Bustershot and defeat Sigma...." for example.  Somewhat ridiculous when I watch X, which has still a arm cannon.
Wouldn´t be a arm cannon be more effective than a pistol ( in utilizing of energy wise) and making more sense than pistols? IMO Axl should be the only one with pistols.
Now Zan? Any logical theories?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 09:20:08 PM
Gameplay mechanics.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 09:26:40 PM
Gameplay mechanics.
Obvious *A wizard did it*-Answers are not demanded or meant to be seen, because we are all smart enough to figure it by ourselves.

Next time more storyrelevant imformation.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 09:33:36 PM
The premise is flawed; the bustershot is not just a design change of Zero's buster, it is literally a new weapon because Zero no longer has his old Z-buster. It's a weapon he presumably gained during the X to ZERO interim.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 09:42:21 PM
The premise is flawed; the bustershot is not just a design change of Zero's buster, it is literally a new weapon because Zero no longer has his old Z-buster. It's a weapon he presumably gained during the X to ZERO interim.
However why changed Sagesse (Dr. Wily) than the arm cannons to pstols in X2? X uses a arm cannon, so why not Zero?

Inti Creatives....  -AC

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 09:50:31 PM
Zero always had the bustershot abiliy, but he did not have his weapon. so he used Milan's pistol, which amazingly, s compatible with the Z saber.

Hey Zan, Is it possible that Zero discarded his buster after X6? I mean, afterwards, he never uses it again..

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 10:35:16 PM
However why changed Sagesse (Dr. Wily) than the arm cannons to pstols in X2? X uses a arm cannon, so why not Zero?

Inti Creatives....  -AC

What do Serges and X2 have to do with it? The bustershot comes about AFTER XCM. For the bustershot to exist, the Z-saber should first have Rock Buster Mk. 17 technology.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #36 on: June 29, 2009, 11:20:21 PM
Zero always had the bustershot abiliy, but he did not have his weapon. so he used Milan's pistol, which amazingly, s compatible with the Z saber.
Not so amazing if they were capable of reproducing and upgrading the saber as early as the Elf Wars.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 01:16:32 AM
I'd be surprised if they weren't, given that they made Zero a copy body.  But the ability to duplicate and the ability to produce on a large scale are two different things.

Zero's Buster Shot (that is, the one Milan was carrying) is supposed to be an older weapon.  Possibly the Z-Saber upgrade to X-Buster mk17 tech included the interface to a handheld weapon not specifically designed for him?  Whatever their current standard was?

That's the best explanation I can come up with.  Although this could easily be dismissed as simple sprite-laziness, Zero's Buster Shot has SOME type of magazine attached to it even before obtaining the Z-Saber, even though it cannot charge until you pick up the Z-Saber.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 01:34:06 AM
I would say it has a standard magazine before Zero gets the saber. Though it shoots normal yellow buster shots... whereas when Milan uses it it works like every other resistance gun, like a machine gun. and you dont see the bullets. though that could be simply a gameplay thing so that you can see Zero's shots. and so they dont have to make any differences for it, it just uses the standard shot and when you get the saber, can charge up.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 02:11:54 AM
Not in the least unusual.  They did the same thing for Grey in ZXA.

The other possibility is that Milan is carrying more than one gun.  The "generic NPC" weapons are always two-handed, after all.  Same applies to Grey and whichever of the two Hunters he robbed.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 10:04:03 AM
What do Serges and X2 have to do with it? The bustershot comes about AFTER XCM. For the bustershot to exist, the Z-saber should first have Rock Buster Mk. 17 technology.
Inti Creatives states, that the Bustershot was always used by ZeroMKII (the one which Sagesse created and which was turned later into Omega by Dr. Weil).
Why should Omega uses a freaking Bustershot, when he has still arm cannons, considering that Sagesse( aka Wily under disguise) gave him those in the time of X2?

Inti Creatives has created in their lazyness a plothole, simple as that.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 10:25:47 AM
Or it was Artistic Laziness when the sprites were made. Easier to recolor the sprites instead to redo each with the Buster...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 09:09:40 PM
Inti Creatives states, that the Bustershot was always used by ZeroMKII (the one which Sagesse created and which was turned later into Omega by Dr. Weil).

No they don't. Inticreates states the bustershot is from Milan.

In other words; quote or it did not happen.

Or it was Artistic Laziness when the sprites were made. Easier to recolor the sprites instead to redo each with the Buster...

There is no laziness in Omega's sprites, he deliberately fires the bustershot in a different fashion than Zero.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 09:47:13 PM
No they don't. Inticreates states the bustershot is from Milan.

I know that ZeroMkIII got his bustershot from Milan, however the point is, why Omega uses a bustershot, when he has still two arm cannons. Until I don't get the absolute evidence from a new game or Inafune himself, that Zero (before his first seal) dismantled his arm cannons and got a bustershot (the one which Omega use) for a certain reason, I will consider it as a plothole.

Should it be the case, that Zero uses in the next X-Series games a Bustershot as memento to Axl (we know he is absent in the Zero Series and excluded in the Zero X6 Ending. It is spoken of one (X) and not two superior Irregular Hunters(X and Axl)) it would make enough sense for me to accept it with ease.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 30, 2009, 10:38:33 PM
As a plothole, it should be treated as something unknown, that is, an unstated event during the X to ZERO interim. This is especially true with Zero's buster being deliberately missing in action. You don't suddenly go claiming Zero's been using handheld weapons since X2 just because there's no plot explanation as of yet. Such a weird 'artistic' approach violates everything presented in the games; it really doesn't work that way. Do realize that the bustershot specifically works with the Z-saber to allow for charging. The Z-saber can charge slash thanks to X-buster technology; the MMX-series Z-saber does not have the ability to charge up.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 30, 2009, 10:56:38 PM
Quote from: Zan
The Z-saber can charge slash thanks to X-buster technology; the MMX-series Z-saber does not have the ability to charge up.
I remind you of Rockman X3. Although Zero isn't fully playable there, he can charge his Z-Buster to release two charged shots. Besides that, his Z-Buster in X1 is compatible with X. It even allows to charge up X's Weapons.
To make a normal story short, Zero's Z-Buster is by default superior to the X-Buster (aka RockbusterMkXVII).

Edit: Even Forte can charge his Buster.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 11:21:24 PM
The Z-saber still cannot charge on its own accord. Gameplay mechanics have the Z-saber accessible through charge levels of the buster, never on its own.

The Z-saber's ability to charge is factually based on Rock Buster mk. 17 tech, which it does not have during the X-series. With the bustershot's charge ability based on the Z-saber's insertion, both series are an exact inverse of each other.

Zero's Z-Buster is by default superior to the X-Buster

Plot clearly establishes the X-buster as the superior weapon given X's limitless evolutionary potential. Further lampshaded by the gradual weakening of the Z-buster in comparison to the X-buster. But, even during Sigma's first rebellion, it is the X-buster that's consistently seen as a superior weapon; it's use against that berserk mechaniloid and VAVA's reaction to it exemplify this. What's stronger than the X-buster is not the Z-buster, but rather, X using the Z-buster. And even then, there's clearly something fishy going on between Zero's buster and the first armor's official buster upgrade.

Even Forte can charge his Buster.

And Forte is made in Rockman's image.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 11:39:06 PM
I just realized that I have misread Z-Saber as Z-Buster in my reply. Well [parasitic bomb] happens...
As for the Z-Saber, that it couldn't charge on its own, was in all matters correct.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 01, 2009, 02:32:58 AM
I think Zero got rid of his busters before X7. I mean, Afterward, they disappear, and even Omega does not seem to have one, needing a buster gun. Though in X4, his busyter was also misisng, and then X5 gave us that crappy one. At leats X6 was decent.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #49 on: July 01, 2009, 04:53:57 PM
There doesn't seem to be an explanation for it going up and down like it does.