Jump In!

Jericho · 4884

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:05 AM
We all have different ways in which we escape reality. Some read books and get lost in fantastic tales of daring do, drama & suspense. Others watch movies for the same effect. Some use music to take them high and away from whatever they're facing. As for most gamers, we all have our games to get lost in. My question to you all is if you could go the extra step and become a part of a game's world, which series would you jump into?

My picks of the moment would be:

- Jet Set Radio: Tokyo-to (Come on, a funky musical city where your only goal is to "stick it to the man" by expressing yourself without being caught? Sold.)
- Pokemon: Kanto (It's any adventurer's dream come true. No one could ever complain of having nothing to do, and moreover you never need to worry about traveling expenses while with your companions.)

I'm sure there are quite a few interesting locales that I've neglected to put down here or forgotten to mention, but that's where you all come in. The choices are only limited by your own opinions and imaginations. So come in and share your thoughts!

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:28:21 AM
-ToZ/Mario: Saving the princess (What other adventure can you ask? This is the best one. Explroring big worlds, beating the bad guys and saving the day. Also, you get the chick at the end. It's any aventurer's dream.

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:32:25 AM
Megaman- Jumping around, shooting the crap out of robots, Attacking a crazy old guy (It makes you feel like you're in the future, saving the world reborn as a super strong being.)

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:35:16 AM
Megaman ZX - Basically take RMZX.EXE's idea and ZX-ify it.  -_-

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 04:52:17 AM
Well....Viewtiful Joe does come to mind.  8D

Strap on a V-Watch, hop into the world of movies, gain the powers of VFX and live out various super-action-hero-related fantasies (ideally, with my boo in tow)? "My kinda juice!"  0v0

Runner-up: Jeri's got the right idea with Pokemon. Even if I don't have the end goal of catching all Pokemon, just getting a number of my fave dudes as my personal road dawgs to own up wherever we go would be a joy in itself.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 05:00:00 AM
Oh, absolutely Pokemon.  I mean seriously, think about it.  It's a world which allows a 10 year old to explore the world, catch cute monsters, and spend just about every waking moment training them, in your quest to be the best, like no one ever was.  School?  Work?  Unnecessary in this world, it seems.  Bartering, free room & bored at the Pokemon Clinics, as well as sleeping on the road.  Life just being one grand, unsupervised adventure, that breathes fire!  XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:00:10 AM
My answer is always the same:

Pokemon
You have loyal pet animals with crazy-good powers each with their individual advantages (even if they're not the most powerful Pokemon), work never seems to be too hard and people are fairly happy with their pay, there's a sense of connection and genuine friendliness that maybe America had at one time, not so much now, but above all,

Everyone, I mean everyone, is either an 8, 9, or 10 on the beauty scale. There are odd-looking people like the RBY Scientists, the PokeNerds, and some of the Ghost-oriented trainers, but nobody's just butt ugly.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 05:05:01 AM
Pokemon

Oh, absolutely Pokemon.  I mean seriously, think about it.  It's a world which allows a 10 year old to explore the world, catch cute monsters, and spend just about every waking moment training them, in your quest to be the best, like no one ever was.  School?  Work?  Unnecessary in this world, it seems.  Bartering, free room & bored at the Pokemon Clinics, as well as sleeping on the road.  Life just being one grand, unsupervised adventure, that breathes fire!  XD

That's a better reason than anything I'll ever be able to come up.

Runner up: Mario
Think about it, mushrooms that make you giant, flowers that allow you to shoot fire, feathers that give you a cape and the ability to fly, Mario 3's suits, Yoshis, Mario Parties, crazy sports, what's not to like?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 05:05:29 AM
Yu-gi-oh world would be awesome to jump-in to.

Picture this, raising your status through card games, defeating evil with only your cards. lol count me in!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 12:33:26 PM

Picture this, raising your status through card games, defeating evil with only your cards. lol count me in!
Screw evil, you have money! 8D

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 01:56:48 PM
Rockman DASH. Getting to go and explore old mines all the time and having a really hawt sister who's not really your sister? HELL YEAH!

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 05:37:00 PM
I would definitely go to Kingdom Hearts but mostly I would prefer to be in Mario, Sonic and Final Fantasy.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 05:41:36 PM
Definetly Sonic or Megaman. Oh, and Touhou! Gotta have that "girls only" paradise somewhere!

Home sweet home

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 05:49:07 PM
Pokemon, definitely Pokemon.
I always imagined fighting it out with my friends and their Pokemon... :3

Don't forget to...
BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 08:14:21 PM
Pokemon for already stated reasons, and Harvest Moon. I like working with plants and animals (or just tell my slaves sprites to do everything), and I could get loads of fantastic food, money, and at least 6 horny girls, including the Witch, and the very Goddess of the whole world.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 10:22:01 PM
well
i'd read a good fantasy novel or play any kind of RPG to take me into another world which is way more intersting than the real world.

Fantasy Novel Series : Sword of Truth
Favourite RPG: Golden Sun 1&2