The Official E3 2009 Discussion Thread & Lounge (May 30, 2009 - June 5, 2009)

Jericho · 176902

Offline Lunar Knight Zeke

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Picture? It think a whole doujinshi will be created in that duration.  8)

In that case, several pics, a whole doujinshi and at least 3 "mature" fanfics.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
heh, it's like Splash woman all over again.  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
heh, it's like Splash woman all over again.  XD

Indeed it is.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
[tornado fang], I love The Onion

Posted on: June 05, 2009, 01:14:07 AM
Does this make you feel good?  It makes me feel good.  0v0

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice

If it weren't for the section marked in black it'd be straightforward enough, but..

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Boing indeed...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Now now, that's Subtank and Acid territory there.  XD

Boing

Well, there we go!  8)

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Typing from Wii currently. First things first, A Boy & His Blob is amazig looking. Secondly, Holy Crap Align, the official image leaked?

Finally, boing indeed Acid. XD

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Secondly, Holy Crap Align, the official image leaked?
Um, yes, but Protodude beat me to it on the previous page while I was sleeping.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Oh, I just saw it. XD

Awesome stuff is awesome.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Now this would be cool; a LoZ game that has an origin story for the Master Sword. While we're at it, shapely Gerudo-babe for Ganondorf's sword. 8D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
so there's going to be a Sonic Unleashed on cell phones. from the footage shown, it's completely 2D. never thought i'd be interested in a cell phone game, but i am.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The sad part is? It's already better than the 3D games.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
*looking at the Master Mistress and Master Sword comparison*

I guess Link has to keep a firm yet gentle touch on those legs  8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well this explains a lot about whenever Link pulls the Master Sword out of the pedestal. Y'know, the music, and the light, and all that?

[spoiler]Climax. 8D
And in OoT, it made Link a man![/spoiler]

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
E3 2009 just got rapped... it has a lot of swearing though... =w=

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsX1M-ZMohE[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
The sad part is? It's already better than the 3D games.
Pretty shallow reasoning just because it's only 2D. It's a shame it's stuck to such a lame platform like cellphones. A DS version with music from the console games would be pretty nice, though.

Offline TAoR

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
That'd be awesome. But Sega doesn't think about what'd be awesome for them to do anymore now do they.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Well, let's not be too hasty here, though the usual anti-Sega bias has already flown out. This was only just announced for cellphones. If there were enough demand to get this shot to another portable, such as DS, it's certainly not impossible. The game already loosely resembles a Sonic Rush title. In theory, it shouldn't be overly difficult to move to a portable. However, the name may cause a few problems... perhaps a subtitle?

People really need to take off the Sonic Next glasses and stop expecting some ridiculous expectation about what a Sonic game should be. It's getting irritating now because even when something with quality like Unleashed 360/PS3 comes out which is dose of goodness the franchise sorely needed on consoles, people complain it's still not good enough. I'm convinced most Sonic fans are retards and don't know what the hell they want anymore.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Well, let's not be too hasty here, though the usual anti-Sega bias has already flown out. This was only just announced for cellphones. If there were enough demand to get this shot to another portable, such as DS, it's certainly not impossible. The game already loosely resembles a Sonic Rush title. In theory, it shouldn't be overly difficult to move to a portable. However, the name may cause a few problems... perhaps a subtitle?

People really need to take off the Sonic Next glasses and stop expecting some ridiculous expectation about what a Sonic game should be. It's getting irritating now because even when something with quality like Unleashed 360/PS3 comes out which is dose of goodness the franchise sorely needed on consoles, people complain it's still not good enough. I'm convinced most Sonic fans are retards and don't know what the hell they want anymore.

This.

I cannot tell you how much it irritates me that people always seem to find something to complain about a really good Sonic game. And it's not just with Sonic either, there are people who complain too damn much about meaningless crap about other really good games. For example, I happen to know that there are some people who like to complain about the fighting system in Street Fighter 4.

I really can't understand why so many people need to complain about even the smallest detail in a game rather than just enjoy the damn game. I think that this is one of the problems with both gamers and the people who make games today. The gamers [sonic slicer] and whine about something they don't like and the makers, in response try to come up with some ideas on what they can do to improve the next game in the series. Whether or not the changes and/or additions in the next game are good or bad, people will complain about about it and thus the whole cycle repeats itself.

Anyways, these are my thoughts on the matter, or atleast my attempt to put my thought into words.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
For example, I happen to know that there are some people who like to complain about the fighting system in Street Fighter 4.

Is that wierd? The fighting system is kinda important. If someone has a problem with it it's not like they're gonna be able to just ignore it. :/

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Now uhh, not to start a fight or anything, but Sonic Unleashed had it's fair share of problems, mostly in the night stages. Some of the design elements were horrible in there and made me want to stop playing. I mean, some jumps was entirely trial and error, often due to the horrid camera angles they chose. When you can't even properly tell where the hell it is you're jumping, you know something's wrong. That said, the day levels are certainly a breath of fresh air.

As for Sega itself, it's made some decent stuff, if we look elsewhere than the Sonic games. They're capable of good things still, which is possibly why some people are so frustrated by some of the Sonic games lately, although they tend to overdo it sometimes (too fast... hah).

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Now uhh, not to start a fight or anything, but Sonic Unleashed had it's fair share of problems, mostly in the night stages. Some of the design elements were horrible in there and made me want to stop playing. I mean, some jumps was entirely trial and error, often due to the horrid camera angles they chose. When you can't even properly tell where the hell it is you're jumping, you know something's wrong. That said, the day levels are certainly a breath of fresh air.

As for Sega itself, it's made some decent stuff, if we look elsewhere than the Sonic games. They're capable of good things still, which is possibly why some people are so frustrated by some of the Sonic games lately, although they tend to overdo it sometimes (too fast... hah).

I'll concede that Sega definitely did drop the ball with the night stages, but there are quite a few people who focus too much time raging over the bad points of Sonic Unleashed and tend to overlook the good points.