RM20 artbook, when?

HyperSonicEXE · 5278

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: November 10, 2008, 12:44:36 AM
Now waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute~

My coffee table is still missing the third book. That book is the Megaman 20th Anniversary Artbook that Capcom's working on, abbreviated here as RM20. Has both Megaman and Megaman X art in it.

Has anyone been keeping up on its progress or when it's scheduled to be released?

Incidentally, it is possible that the book's page with that art of Rock in a capsule was in fact hinting at Mega Man 9.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:10:08 AM
I thought that came out already...

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 01:12:08 AM
I thought that came out already...

True, but it hasn't been localized for the US or other places.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:25:06 AM
Right, I want that book localized too.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 03:01:02 AM
Quote from Tabby at TMMN when it was first announced:

Quote from: Tabby on Aug 10 2008, 04:08 PM
I asked about the delay [at Otacon, with project manager Jim] with the Zero book and they explained to me. They had to treat the RMZ book differently cause Capcom producers had to sign off on EVERYTHING... and it would take them months at a time. They also had printing problems, and have switched printers to a nice one.
They assured us that now that they know they have to go through these channels, it will go quicker, and they will not announce a release date until they're -sure-.

So, safe to say they are not sure yet. And Ash, who did some work for MMZOCW and said he was also going to be working on M20, basically echoed the same thing. Chances are it'll be during the 21st Anniversary, hate to tell ya.

As far as the art you are talking about...the final special illustration spread, you mean? I think it was just a general art piece, but if you want to jump to conclusions that since there are wires in his feet and buster while Light is working on him, that it was an illustration of Light removing his slide and charge shot capabilities, well, it is an interesting suspicion. But I'd still say it was just a general art tribute piece.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:58:19 AM
Indeed so, because I do remember that art already being in use for the Complete Works games.

That caption, though, I do not remember.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:14:49 AM
I was talking about this spread, BTW:

I think you're talking about the pic that was like this (can't find it offhand), now that you worded it like that again:

In either case, I still don't think they were hints at 9. Just regular artwork.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:38:01 AM
Yeah, that second set, right there!

Well, it is cutoff, so we can't see whether or not the caption
"The Legend is Not Yet Complete"
or something like that was actually a part of the original artwork, or if it was added to hint at Megaman 9.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 06:44:06 AM
On the original image, which is in R20 with other anniversary imagery, there is no text. There is just a caption that mentions it being a 10th Anniversary CG. (Oh joy, it's still up at dokuganryu. You can see it for yourself now.) I know the "Legend" text on it that you're talking about, but don't know who put that on/when. But no, it's not in the R20 pic. So again, I reeeally don't think it was a Capcom hint about the latest game.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 03:50:45 AM

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:05:11 AM
Translation tells me:
We have a mysterious page from the Mega Man 20th Anniversary art book.

You can enter a mysterious page from the Mega Man 20th Anniversary art book. We then see a somewhat outdated image of Megaman, which we see are adjusted. It says: The legend is not yet complete .... Does this mean a new part in the Megaman series? And we finally get an old-Skool Megaman, not an X or Zero part? Is this particle 9?

Which
A) reeks of shoddy journalism seeing how that is not R20, because R20 does not have black pages nor is it on p.42
B) reeks of failure in not knowing it is an older 10th Anniversary/Complete Works image; and
C) translates 'school' as "skool," trying to be all hip and cool when this Dutch game site is not.

The moral is don't trust everything off the internet. I'm not doubting the validity of the image's text, it's just that the facts are wrong and it was an educated guess turned into a short article. What it's really from, I do not know. If there were better facts regarding it's printing, then you could speculate more on what it was hinting at.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 04:07:43 AM
True, it didn't look like an R20 page. In fact, it looks off. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it just isn't right.