borockman · 113530

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #625 on: October 18, 2012, 06:14:07 AM
I learned that I get more questions about my SW stuff than I do about my two-foot-tall Batman figure standing in my living room.

I also learned that my snooze button hates me.  I hit the snooze for five minutes and wake up nearly an hour later as my doorbell rings!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #626 on: October 18, 2012, 07:16:22 AM
I learned that a professional comedian thought I was funny. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #627 on: October 18, 2012, 07:20:12 AM
Which comedian?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #628 on: October 18, 2012, 07:54:15 AM
Donald Lacy. He's had bit parts in a few shows, but he does stand up. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #629 on: October 18, 2012, 08:33:26 AM
I hope he plays a Dwarf in The Hobbit. Funny guy. His bald head and big beard would make a great Dwarf face.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #630 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:54 AM
I learned that after I put up fake spiderwebs for decoration, a real spider had decided to take up residence in a fake web.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #631 on: October 19, 2012, 07:15:18 AM
I learned that after I put up fake spiderwebs for decoration, a real spider had decided to take up residence in a fake web.
Has he woven a web amongst the webs?

I learned that it's really fun to watch all the Servbot emoticons load one by one at an almost Benny Hill speed when one's bandwidth is being eaten up by torrents.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #632 on: October 19, 2012, 07:26:15 AM
He has woven a web amongst the webs.  I saw him dangling from his own web that was connected to the fake web.  He seems to enjoy the company of plastic spiders and fake flies.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #633 on: March 06, 2013, 12:24:32 AM
I learned that the real reason Pokemon got popular while Digimon didn't: Marketing.

[spoiler=Explanation]For Pokemon (way back then), the anime was on Kids WB, which had a line-up of awesome shows for kids, the merchandise was marketed for everyone, and the games were on the Gameboy, which was more accessible for kids.
While, for Digimon, the anime was on Fox Kids, which, now that I think about it, had a slightly lackluster set of shows that were more aimed for kids, the anime was edited to try to be comparable to Pokemon (which made it seem like a crappy clone), the merchandise was mostly action figures, thus mostly for boys, and the games were on the Playstation, which was more for serious gamers.[/spoiler]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #634 on: March 06, 2013, 01:12:57 AM
Of course it's marketing. Pokemon is probably the 2nd best case of marketing ever behind YuGiOh!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #635 on: March 06, 2013, 01:18:41 AM
I learned that the real reason Pokemon got popular while Digimon didn't: Marketing.

[spoiler=Explanation]For Pokemon (way back then), the anime was on Kids WB, which had a line-up of awesome shows for kids, the merchandise was marketed for everyone, and the games were on the Gameboy, which was more accessible for kids.
While, for Digimon, the anime was on Fox Kids, which, now that I think about it, had a slightly lackluster set of shows that were more aimed for kids, the anime was edited to try to be comparable to Pokemon (which made it seem like a crappy clone), the merchandise was mostly action figures, thus mostly for boys, and the games were on the Playstation, which was more for serious gamers.[/spoiler]

And if you pay attention to how Saturday Mornings have evolved since then, you'll realize that Vortexx is Basically Fox Kids on Kids WB.

Since you got the Fox Kids staples of Power Rangers, Digimon, a Marvel Comics Series (Its Iron Man Armored Adventures, which sucks but whatever.) and a DCAU series (Justice League Unlimited, albeit edited for violence.) on the channel that once held Kids WB, with Yu-Gi-Oh included (And Cubix but who gives a [parasitic bomb] about Cubix?).

[spoiler]Though actually looking at the schedule they've gutted it immensely. No more PR, Digimon isn't on yet, the Marvel Series is gone, the only things left from the original schedule are YGO (Classic and Zexal), DBZ Cut up, JLU, and that awful looking WWE show, Since the adventures of Chris Thorndyke runs for an hour now and they added Transformers Prime for the people who don't have/don't want to watch the Hub.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #636 on: March 06, 2013, 01:22:37 AM
Cable channels really made local Sat. Morning Cartoons kinda pointless.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #637 on: March 06, 2013, 01:23:54 AM
They really did.

Though the Sat. Morning channels still occasionally had stuff the cable channels didn't, so Kids would be persuaded to watch on Saturday Morning to catch Pokemon or YGO because it wasn't on other channels yet.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #638 on: March 06, 2013, 03:49:47 AM
And if you pay attention to how Saturday Mornings have evolved since then, you'll realize that Vortexx is Basically Fox Kids on Kids WB.

Since you got the Fox Kids staples of Power Rangers, Digimon, a Marvel Comics Series (Its Iron Man Armored Adventures, which sucks but whatever.) and a DCAU series (Justice League Unlimited, albeit edited for violence.) on the channel that once held Kids WB, with Yu-Gi-Oh included (And Cubix but who gives a [parasitic bomb] about Cubix?).

[spoiler]Though actually looking at the schedule they've gutted it immensely. No more PR, Digimon isn't on yet, the Marvel Series is gone, the only things left from the original schedule are YGO (Classic and Zexal), DBZ Cut up, JLU, and that awful looking WWE show, Since the adventures of Chris Thorndyke runs for an hour now and they added Transformers Prime for the people who don't have/don't want to watch the Hub.[/spoiler]

The bit regarding which channels they were on applied waaay back in the mid to late 90's when Kids WB and Fox Kids were competing.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #639 on: March 06, 2013, 04:00:07 AM
and a DCAU series (Justice League Unlimited, albeit edited for violence.)

What do you mean by that? JLU is censored?

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #640 on: March 06, 2013, 04:08:00 AM
When being aired on, what was it again? Vortex? That Saturday morning cartoon block. Basic cable television requires censoring to shut up the soccer moms.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #641 on: March 06, 2013, 04:08:46 AM

You read that right. JLU is deemed too violent for today's local TV station kids and certain action scenes and such are edited out.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #642 on: March 06, 2013, 04:11:34 AM
Editing things like that pisses me off. Especially when it's stuff like what they do to the Looney Tunes... blasphemy I tells ya!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #643 on: March 06, 2013, 04:15:25 AM
Well thankfully they've mostly gone back and released the unedited Looney Tunes since they don't need to censor if its on Cable.

This also means they fit on the screen correctly too, since most people have fancy widescreen TV's now.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #644 on: March 06, 2013, 04:23:13 AM
Editing things like that pisses me off. Especially when it's stuff like what they do to the Looney Tunes... blasphemy I tells ya!

It makes no goddamn sense to do so either.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #645 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:51 AM
It makes no goddamn sense to do so either.
It's the soccer moms and particularly stupid kids that they edit things for. The soccer mom's [sonic slicer] and complain and the stupid kids often times have stupid parents that leave them alone to hurt themselves doing things that the cartoons tend to tell you not to try at home.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #646 on: March 06, 2013, 04:27:38 AM
Funny, The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 has explicitly violent scenes, while the JL series is moderate in comparison. And it was never edited. I would post a particular scene, but it's spoilers for whoever may want to watch the film.

I guess censoring has more to with the particular station/block i.e. Toonami >>>> 4Kids. Nothing has had more over-the-top censoring than 4Kids.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #647 on: March 06, 2013, 04:29:21 AM
My grandparents have a VHS of the WWII Looney Tunes episode with Hitler in it.

Funny, The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 has explicitly violent scenes, while the JL series is moderate in comparison. And it was never edited. I would post a particular scene, but it's spoilers for whoever may want to watch the film.

I guess censoring has more to with the particular station i.e. Toonami >>>> 4Kids. Nothing has had more over-the-top censoring than 4Kids.
They freaking edit rice balls and cigarettes into sandwiches and lollipops, is that really necessary? 

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #648 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:52 AM
Cigarettes that are actually lollipops is still an amusing visual gag.  But, that doesn't give 4Kids a pass by any means.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #649 on: March 06, 2013, 08:58:16 AM
I guess censoring has more to with the particular station/block i.e. Toonami >>>> 4Kids. Nothing has had more over-the-top censoring than 4Kids.

Well, they're dead now.

We can all rest easy.