Lizardcommando's Art Thread

lizardcommando · 16024

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
on: November 09, 2008, 11:31:29 PM
Hello everyone. So, I guess I'll start off by posting a link to my Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lizardcommando

That's got some videos of my Doom mod in action, some videos of my old Wolfenstein 3D mod, some videos of my Rockman 7 Famicom remake mod in action, and two old Flash movies. Speaking of which:

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcgallery/artgallery.html

That's got some of my older Flash movies, there are a few video game parodies and a bunch of violent movies starring my Lizardcommando character.

And now here are some new sprites I made:

The first sprite sheet is of Cliff Fittir from Star Ocean 3. I just modified the Power Rockman sprites. It turned out ok. I don't plan on using it for anything though. I just did that for [parasitic bomb]s and giggles. The second sprite is for a game my friends and I are making. This big guy is called a Vanguarder Goliath. This was made from scratch and it took about two and a half hours to make. The Goliath's based off of those big jumpy guys from Rockman 5. The sprite animation is of my Maverick Hunter character using a beam saber. She's gonna be the main character for the game my friends and I are making (we'll be calling her something else). I probably should increase the range on that thing...

So what do you guys think?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:30:43 AM
Who's the character on the sprite sheet?  He looks cool.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 12:32:14 AM
Cliff Fittir. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 12:32:56 AM
Oh you're right.

Looks better than the actual Cliff.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 01:33:12 AM
Heh. Thanks. If you thought seeing Cliff Fittir in the Rockman universe was cool, you should check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIXpXz_q0q8

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 01:46:17 AM
Nel! Cutie!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 02:08:03 AM
This Game you and your friends are making is looking to be pretty good Animation Wise.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 02:10:49 AM
Heh. Thanks. If you thought seeing Cliff Fittir in the Rockman universe was cool, you should check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIXpXz_q0q8

Holy crap.

EVA Woman Vs. Big Blues?

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:26:24 AM
Haha. Actually, it's Young Ocelot. Also, instead of just using the Blues Shield, you get to be Nel Zelpher equipped with the Blues shield and my crappy version of the Z-Buster (which the graphics have since been fixed). XD

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 02:28:34 AM
is there more range now? or does it look more like a sword and not a "Shining Finger"? :V

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 02:09:02 AM
Oh crap. I'm gonna have to fix the range on that thing. I keep forgetting to do that. BTW, should I fix the second part of the animation? I know the third part needs work and the first part is fine.

Posted on: November 09, 2008, 05:34:18 PM
Here's a new enemy for my fan game.

He's called a Vanguarder (full name is Vanguarder MK86). I was going to have some running frames and charge-up frames for it, but since we only have about a week left to make our game, I decided to leave that out. I'll probably do them on my own time later. This guy was originally designed for my Doom mod. I had some sprites done for it, but I kinda got sick of working on it so now it's on a temporary hiatus. Oh, and here are some old concept art. It's about a year old. Sorry about the quality of the scans.

I also fixed the Beam Saber animations for the Maverick Hunter sprites. The beam saber's range is increased and the animation speed is increased.

Posted on: November 11, 2008, 01:18:48 PM

Hey guys, this is a 10 - 15 minute sketch I just whipped up right now. I'm gonna try to put this into my Rockman 7 Famicom remake mod. I don't like how the arms turned out and the eyes look kinda weird. I guess the eyes don't matter too much since I'll be coloring that visor thing anyways.

Posted on: November 19, 2008, 04:39:45 PM
This is pretty much what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks. It's an animation I did for my class for my final project. I wish I had more time to work on it. Oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkeC3W-HTT4

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 02:14:00 AM
Awesome animation is awesome there! It's so smooth, and funny too.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 05:35:45 AM

So these are the Maverick Hunter EVA sprites that I made over the course of... who knows how long. Since when I started making the Rockman 7 FC mod. Anyways, I was going to add in the charge shot sprites, but I forgot. Aside from those sprites, I'll probably add in a few more sprites for beam saber attacks. I'm also almost finished the EVA sprites. I just need to add in the sprites for when she goes from jumping to falling animation. After that, I'll probably try to expand on The Boss and young Ocelot sprites.

BTW, just right click on the image and then go to View Image and you'll be able to view the sprites at the intended view.

Oh yeah, in case you missed these two videos from the Rockman 7 FC modding thread, just click that link.

Posted on: March 01, 2009, 10:15:49 PM
So I've got two final drawings I have to do for my Life Drawing class, but I got bored working on one of them, so I drew this instead:

It took a total of 15 minutes, most of it spent on my Mega Man X/Maverick Hunter fan character. I copied the pose from some Mega Man manga. I don't remember which one it was, but it had Proto Man in it and Enker and what's-his-name that can turn into a blade. Anyways, I like how the head turned out and everything above the waist turned out nice, but the boots were kinda messed up. The random stuff I drew was a headshot of my Maverick Hunter fan character, but I messed up on it. Then there's a dumb doodle of my Lizardcommando character and an incomplete doodle of Metal Gear Solid's Sniper Wolf. Sorry about the quality of the scan on this one. My scanner is pretty crappy.

This is another random doodle i did a few weeks ago. It's just another thing with my Mega Man X/Maverick Hunter fan characters. I probably could have cleaned it up a bit.

Posted on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:13 PM
So here's a new trailer for my cartoony Doom mod called The Exterminator. I kinda wish I recorded in-game sound with it. Oh well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqR9npykm9E[/youtube]

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 07:07:17 AM
I really like that trailer, keep it up!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 07:22:00 AM
These are very nice, sir! I especially like the sprites for your Maverick Hunter

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 01:02:35 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

So here's the 8-bit sprites of EVA from Metal Gear Solid 3 that I mentioned a while back. I was going to do a few more things with it, but I kinda forgot about it. Oh well. That Mauser Pistol was a huge pain in the ass to draw because it's so tiny and animating the hair when it falls was kind of annoying too.

Now, I've been working on these next sprites based on my Maverick Hunter fan character of one of my recent drawings for some time. I've assembled most of the basic sprites like the running, jumping, and shooting sprites. The problem I've been having is trying to decide which color to use for it. Originally, I was going to go for the red color, but I want to try something different. Which color should I go with? Personally, I was going to go with either the dark green or light green, but the problem is that the front gray part of the helmet would kind of disappear.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 07:49:06 PM

I was trying to make my own version of the ending sprites from the Rockman 7 FC remake for RMZX's/Kallen's Code Geass mod. The legs need to be fixed up and the hair was a huge pain in the ass to make, but I like how everything else turned out.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 08:48:33 PM
Showing more skin~ I like it, she's more adorable now. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 11:17:47 PM

I was trying to make my own version of the ending sprites from the Rockman 7 FC remake for RMZX's/Kallen's Code Geass mod. The legs need to be fixed up and the hair was a huge pain in the ass to make, but I like how everything else turned out.

Ahh, much better than mine, Just slim down the legs and it'll be all good.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 04:49:00 PM
Actually, that looks just great, gives the full red legging feeling.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 06:16:23 PM
I got bored today so I decided to get back on working on this:

Trying to keep everything consistent was the hardest thing to do. There's still a few things I need to fix up, but I like how it turned out overall.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 03:48:41 AM
Awesome, Kallen walking the walk. :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 09:04:27 PM

These are just some sprites I had been working on for a while. They're based on the guy in the middle of this doodle. Originally, his armor was a dark red color, but I thought it would be nice to try a different color. I like how it turned out overall. I like how the Dual Charge Shot sprites turned out. Oh yeah, the orange things on the side are supposed to be the third charge animation. It's supposed to overlap the second charging sprites.

I'll probably go back and add in some wall kicking and wall sliding sprites a la Mega Man X...

Posted on: November 20, 2009, 05:15:34 PM
These are some other sprites I've been working on for a while. I am trying to make a 8-bit female sprites with most of the same animations as the Maverick Hunter EVA sprites. The top row is the base in case I want to give her some other hair styles. Animating the hair is probably the biggest problem I had making these. I'll go back and try to fix them. So what do you guys think of these sprites so far?

Posted on: November 22, 2009, 03:30:12 PM
This is what I worked on this past weekend. It's a comparison video of my latest ZDoom mod, The Exterminator, and  my old EDGE mod, Immoral Conduct: Lizard Edition (ICDLizard for short) over this weekend. The video also reveals the brand new titlepic for my Exterminator mod.

[youtube]4jXwZJL8mN0[/youtube]

I can't believe I thought the graphics from ICDLizard were good...

Over the past two months, I've made a bunch of 8-bit Mega Man-ish sprites. Unfortunately, they're only one frame though for each of the characters, so there's no running, jumping, etc. animations. I'll probably post them up some time this week or next week or something if anyone's interested.

Posted on: January 31, 2010, 03:18:07 PM
This was made last night.

Yes, I know it's an old meme, but I just wanted to show my love for 24 and Renee :D

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 12:31:18 AM
....And here's another picture based on an old meme mixed with a fairly old one, the Cupcake Dog. I made the pictures last week, but I just assembled them today.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 08:08:01 AM
That's one poor doggie. What are you parodying though, I have no idea.