The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 417614

Archer

HEY AKA I WANNA FIGHT YOU BUT I DON'T GOT NO WI-FI

SO CAN I FIGHT YOU ON SHODDY OR SOMETHING?

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
I'll check it out when I'm actually awake. From the gist I'm getting, it sounds interestingly easy.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
IT WORKS REAL GOOD TOO

And that's why I said I'll lose badly. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Morals and ehnics, Akamaru, you sortta sound like me when it comes to Pokemon battles. Anyhow how about a remacth on Monday around the same time? Also, it would be chill if I could battle other ppl, except HyperShell, if I can't beat Akamaru then there's no chance I beat HyperShell.......

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Morals and ethics. I feel bad using something like this cause it cheapens the game, the oppenents time in effort and training their pokemon (if they did train them... B( ), and the the effort and satisfaction of winning with hard work of training your own.

They still came up with their team, and they still won because they know how to use them. What's the difference? Is hatching like fifty eggs to get one with good IVs that important to you that you're against people skipping it?

Morals and ehnics, Akamaru, you sortta sound like me when it comes to Pokemon battles. Anyhow how about a remacth on Monday around the same time? Also, it would be chill if I could battle other ppl, except HyperShell, if I can't beat Akamaru then there's no chance I beat HyperShell.......

I'll play you if we happen to be on at the same time.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
General consensus sez there's not really much to come up with nowadays. Apparently if Scizor, Salamence, and/or Metagross aren't somewhere on your team then standard says you're doing it wrong.

On the topic of PokeSaving/ARing, there are PokeMon with certain XD-only moves that you may want to try (Baton Passing Lunatone, for example). Why waste extra money when you can just stick the move on the PokeMon for free? =o

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Huh? Didn't use a TTar...
I meant our first battle.

I thought the Heracross/Latios combo would take out Lapras or Palkia.
They probably would have.  I sincerely doubt Ice Shard would 1HKO on only a 2x weakness.  But Latios' Dragon Pulse will, and he and his sister are the fastest of Dragons.  No Dragon trainer worth their foot will engage Latios without something to boost Speed in their favor. Had I thrown Palkia/Lapras against them, I'd have probably switched to Steelix/Rotom anyway.

They still came up with their team, and they still won because they know how to use them. What's the difference? Is hatching like fifty eggs to get one with good IVs that important to you that you're against people skipping it?
I personally don't mind Pokesav as long as it's used responsibly.  No hacking max IVs, Hidden Powers, or whatever.  But in terms of EV training (which is nothing but grinding against the appropriate opponent w/ appropriate item; I did it the long way in Diamond's earlier days) and attacks (TM limits mainly; breeding Egg Moves is simple enough), it's very handy.  The tremendous amount of time it takes to ordinarily prepare, and the gamble it is to use a non-buyable TM if you change your mind, make experimenting in-game extremely difficult.

That being said, Shoddy has introduced a mentality where people simply punch in all the invisible numbers they want without regard to practicality.  Max IVs everywhere and Hidden Power as the be-all end-all to special type variance.  That, I do not appreciate.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:38:09 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
What's your buddie code Tickle Buffalo?

You know, maybe I should use my code as a "s i g" that way I don't have to repost it everytime....

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
May I direct your attention here?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:28:03 PM by Protoman Blues »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
What's your buddie code Tickle Buffalo?

2277-4598-3685

I notice you're on, and I'm pretty certain I am, so you want a battle now? Or should we leave it until later?

(Seems you don't!)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
I said I don't like using them. Don't really care if others do, but I walk with a better feeling if I beat them.

Using Serebii's IV Calculater, I was able to upload all my pokemon onto with accurate stats onto Shoddy. Battle them that way, you battle my actual DS Pokemon. So if anyone wants to try me, just tell me.
Morals and ehnics, Akamaru, you sortta sound like me when it comes to Pokemon battles. Anyhow how about a remacth on Monday around the same time?
You got it. We'll do 2v2 to switch things around.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
2277-4598-3685

I notice you're on, and I'm pretty certain I am, so you want a battle now? Or should we leave it until later?

(Seems you don't!)

1462 9053 7979

and am sortta not done with the pokemon am training as well so I'll let you know.

You got it. We'll do 2v2 to switch things around.

By then I'll have mi team ready witch is why I wanna do it on monday.

May I direct your attention here?

Thanks, I'll do that

Signature:

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Does anyone have an extra lv100 pokemon with Pickup they don't need anymore?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Level 81-90 ones are better than 91-100, to be honest. You can get Earthquake TMs everywhere. Can you get Focus Punch/Grass Knot TMs everywhere? No you can't.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Talk about luck. If it weren't for the critical, my Dragonite would have gone on a Dragon Dance induced Outrage. But alas, it was not meant to be. Plus, that Garchomp came from left field. Oh well, I was going to lose sometimes...  :\

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
YES!!! AFTER LOSING 5000 TIMES I BEAT YOU AKAMARU!!11.....for a minute I thought I was gonna lose D:

Signature:

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
You were going to win eventually. I'm using the same pokemon with the same moves... Maybe I should use AR to at least entertain you more.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I royally suck at them too, but since it was 2 on 2, I already had a staragity planed out but I didn't expect the Salamance to start out.

Signature:

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Covering my bases. He was out as bait. What you should have been more worried was the Heracross. You guys attack Salamence while my Heracross comes in and rips your weakness out. If my Rider is still alive, then he cleans up what's left.  8)

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Dragons is my main concern on my list when it comes to battling vs you,as you can see, Salamance, then focused on Dragonite, and that Charizard with solarbeam, those 3 are the main ones that rly beats me up. So yea, didn't expect to win, but I won :). I started rolling on the floor when sandstorm killed off the remaing HP on you pokemon. I also thought that Draco Meter Was gonna kill off my Tyranitar too. XD

Signature:

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
3 pokemon would have lived, including my Dragonite. Like I have mentioned before: I have really sucky luck.  -u-'

Good match, I had fun.  ~w~

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried this battle simulator?

http://www.pokemon-online.eu/

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I imagine its something like this? maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkDhClTwmdg

Signature:

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
So, could anyone lend me their Groudon from the Embedded Tower so that I can catch Rayquaza? It's the only legendary I'm missing =(

Speaking of legendaries, Kyogre sure was easy to catch, only one dusk ball. Latias was quite easy to capture and find too, Raikou and Entei however...is Entei glitched or something? He would sometimes just disappear from the Pokegear =/

Oh, and was I the only one that found fighting Mewtwo completely anti-climatic?

Me: Well, here's Mewtwo, one of the strongest pokemon ever, this is gonna be a hard fight...
*battle starts and Mewtwo proceeds to only use Defense Swap and Attack Swap*
Me:...couldn't they have at least given him Recover and Psychic?

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Can I borrow your Kyoger? Cuze I have the Groudon and need the Rayquaza as well.

Signature: