Jericho · 417638

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1425 on: April 01, 2010, 08:53:29 AM
....Wow, I was just trying to be funny and everyone points out every single insinuated and actual death in the series....

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1426 on: April 01, 2010, 10:20:28 AM
Oh yes. I remember once playing some of the previous Pokeyman games with my friend. [parasitic bomb] was so cASH.

Now what :/

You fight.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1427 on: April 01, 2010, 06:55:10 PM
....Wow, I was just trying to be funny and everyone points out every single insinuated and actual death in the series....
And to think we're not even done yet:
I would assume so, since nothing else would've brought it back it seemed.
If immediate revival counts, then Ash gets multiple entries.  At least two that I recall (Mew/Mewtwo crossfire and taking leave of his body in Lavender Town).

GB Sounds + Rematches with Gym Leaders = GRINDING LIKE [tornado fang]
Can't argue with that one.  I expect much grinding after I've cleared the game.

So anyways, got the Yellow Forest Mystery Gift, needed to axe my shiny (probably hacked, I got it in a trade) Dragonite for an electric/ground/grass type to lower the ludicrous step requirements.  And what do you know, spikey-eared Pichu appears properly in the Pokewalker.  Guess that's one thing it's good for besides early game glass cannon.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1428 on: April 01, 2010, 09:32:13 PM
So I'm mooching off of my brother's file here and there and one thing has really gotten me thinking... When the hell did Pokemon games get so slooooooow? XD

I used to be able bat out a battle move selection & execution in milliseconds, animations on and everything, but this game makes me f...eel lik...e I'm moooooving through mol..asses, like...... this. Even traveling feels a lot longer than it once did. I don't mind though since the game is [tornado fang]ing awesome. Now excuse me while I go kill some people for my own Soul Silver.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1429 on: April 01, 2010, 09:39:17 PM
Am I the only one who NEVER uses the bike because I want to see my Pokemon following me at all times.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1430 on: April 01, 2010, 09:40:11 PM
What about Cycle Road?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1431 on: April 01, 2010, 09:41:57 PM
LoL, well besides there!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1432 on: April 01, 2010, 09:51:05 PM
Here we are, Mt. Silver. I got strong enough pokemon from diamond to bring over, and I'll teach my Metagross Rock Climb, for obvious reasons.  -_-

Soo, trade up? I got Nidoran I need to get rid of. I have far too many.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1433 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:48 PM
Speaking of getting rid of 'mans, I need to stick a few into GTS sometime.  You get an extra Pokewalker course for doing an international trade.

Am I the only one who NEVER uses the bike because I want to see my Pokemon following me at all times.
Not in the least. 8)  I may axe the bike entirely from my shortcuts once I get GB Sound (Dowsing gets the touch icon).  All I can say is, thank God the running shoes have an on/off switch instead of having to hold B the entire game.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1434 on: April 01, 2010, 10:07:13 PM
Who would ever turn off the Running Shoes?

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1435 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32:58 PM
Not in the least. 8)  I may axe the bike entirely from my shortcuts once I get GB Sound (Dowsing gets the touch icon).  

There's no real point to adding the GB sounds to your shortcuts menu, though.  It stays on as long as your DS' power is on (unlike the radio), so it wouldn't be all too practical.

Who would ever turn off the Running Shoes?

It helps in caves or in other situations where you may want to lower the encounter rate.  Pokemon appear more often while running, so I've done it when I need to avoid that.  Of course, the same thing can be accomplished with Repels.  :\

Anywho, I've got 16 badges and am now training/catching before I go off to fight Red.  I must say, this game has the absolute best Safari Zone in the franchise.  Customizable areas, placeable items with instant effects, no time limit; this place has it all!

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Lunar Knight Zeke

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1436 on: April 02, 2010, 10:48:29 PM
Okay... right now I'm Trying to catch Raikou and Entei before I go off to face the pokemon league. So far I have had no luck with either one. So far I've weakened them down and have paralyzed them, but they either faint on me from using struggle, or get critical hits like crazy on my team. It is becoming really frustrating and I'm considering using my master ball on one of them. So does anyone have advice on catching the two other than using mean look and taunt to keep them from running/roaring?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1437 on: April 02, 2010, 11:12:16 PM
I got both, still remember the D pad + A (or was it B?) trick? I think I used it on both, with an Ultra Ball on each, now, how in the world am I supposed to catch Suicune in SS? I chased it down three times.. >.>

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1438 on: April 02, 2010, 11:15:28 PM
You find Suicune close to Bill's house.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1439 on: April 02, 2010, 11:20:36 PM
He's been feeding stray legendaries...

Archer

Reply #1440 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:50 PM
[tornado fang]ing Yellow Forest. This [parasitic bomb] is further attempt to make people walk more by making the Pikachus people actually care about getting impossibly hard to get!

Offline Lunar Knight Zeke

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1441 on: April 02, 2010, 11:48:15 PM
I got both, still remember the D pad + A (or was it B?) trick?

Mind explaining how this "trick" works?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1442 on: April 03, 2010, 12:11:39 AM
I slightly remember how it works, basically. Simply hold down the D pad facing down and press A before it lands. You must have perfect timing, before the pokeball hits the ground.

I suggest practicing this trick with 15 wild pokemon with a normal pokemon until you have mastered this trick.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1443 on: April 03, 2010, 04:12:16 AM
Relevant:

You have to love tricks that have about the same odds of being entered correctly as you do of making a successful capture normally.

(It does NOTHING; just a popular rumor, and it feels nice to have something to do)

So does anyone have advice on catching the two other than using mean look and taunt to keep them from running/roaring?
You mean that actually works?  I'd assumed they possessed a magical ability to run in spite of Mean Look, seeings how I've already known the 4th-gen roaming 'mans to run away in their sleep.

Spore and False Swipe (TM54).  Best friends of anyone making a capture.  Some specialty Pokeball would be handy, too.  Fast Balls could work.  Dusk Ball if you're doing this at night.  Level Balls in the unlikely event you have a Level 80+ 'man.  Quick Ball might work; I'm not sure if it counts previous encounters as turns since the roaming 'mans do not heal.

[tornado fang]ing Yellow Forest. This [parasitic bomb] is further attempt to make people walk more by making the Pikachus people actually care about getting impossibly hard to get!
It is ridiculous, isn't it?  Something like a 2 or 3 percent chance of getting one of the Pikachus that has the special moves, and even that's only after an insane number of steps.

The fact that said moves are not breedable (besides Volt Tackle) makes it all the more fun, since you're at the mercy of random Natures.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1444 on: April 03, 2010, 05:37:36 AM

*looks at the flying Pikachu I caught on the first encounter*

... 8D

Archer

Reply #1445 on: April 03, 2010, 05:38:49 AM
[tornado fang] you

I even actually walked to get the damn watts too >_>

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1446 on: April 03, 2010, 05:43:38 AM
I always hold A+B+Down.
It makes me feel like I'm really doing something to help improve my odds.
Plus, I want to believe it was helping me ALMOST catch Entei on the first encounter.
Almost....almost...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1447 on: April 03, 2010, 06:12:27 PM
Lugia apparently loves me.  Went into the very first Heavy Ball I tossed at him.

(and no, I did not hold anything, just Thunder Wave and HP in the red).

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1448 on: April 04, 2010, 04:25:53 AM
Hey does anyone have an idea what would be better a Jynx with all Special Attacks or a Mamoswine with Rest, Sleep Talk, Avalanche, Earthquake and low speed or any combination of attacks?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1449 on: April 04, 2010, 09:02:24 AM
I prefer that Jynx.

Also, I'm taking my Pokewalker wherever I go! FOR THE FLY AND SURF (So far only caught the Volt Tackle one, and multiple very normal ones...)
Oh yeah.
The Yellow Forest event is extended to the 5th May 2010, so don't forget to get it.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.