Protodude's Ramblings: Who Wants Manga?

Protodude · 8353

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: April 25, 2009, 07:42:44 AM
Leading the news round up this week is Udon Entertainment's plans to distribute Rockman ZX and original series Rockman manga in the fall:

"Also this fall from UDON comes new Mega Man manga brought to you straight from Japan! Initial titles will focus on the adventures of the original Mega Man and also Mega Man ZX, the latest addition to the core Mega Man universe. More details on these and other titles will be coming soon."

In addition, Udon revealed the cover art for Mega Man Official Complete Works and its companion, MMXOCW. Click respective links for images!

MMOCW is scheduled to release October 14th, 2009. MMXOCW currently has no definite date.

No New Mega Man For "A While?"

A little disheartening news the other day:  Mega Man Network local, Christian, attended the recent Street Fighter IV National Tournament where Seth Killian, Capcom USA's community manager, was present. Christian had some time to speak with Seth, requesting if he had any idea of what games MM fans could expect beside the upcoming Star Force 3. His answer: "You’ll be waiting a while."

Well now, that doesn't sound too good. 2009 has been one hell of a boring year for the franchise, can you possibly imagine more waiting? Regardless, we do have a bit of clarification on Seth's statement though the legitimacy of the source is up for debate:

SuperMega233 came in contact with a "reliable employee" from Capcom USA who was very happy to add a little clarification to Seth Killian's recent statement The source, believe it or not, comes from a thread over at 4chan. Now, before you call foul, be aware that the information sounds highly reasonable, that and according to 4channers, the source has been known to leak accurate tidbits regarding Resident Evil 5 a month before release. A snapshot of the topic can be viewed here (big file, foul language). "!LzBMKg3XnU" is the source's handle:

"In response to Seth Killian's statement: 'You'll be waiting a while"

Anonymous (!LzBMKg3XnU):

-Pretty much that, Capcom Japan doesn't reveal things to us very often, they're very secretive so I would just keep an eye out at Tokyo Game Show, we won't have any MM related news at E3 09'.

-Capcom Japan is where all the "secrets" & "hidden projects" are kept at. Capcom USA, we're usually told about them either right before they announce it, or sometimes they don't even tell us what they're about to announce and surprise us too. So they're an unpredictable bunch believe it or not. We don't have direct access to all their internal projects as some people may think companies do.

-The only internal chat here in the USA office is just us wondering ourselves when Capcom Japan is going to announce a new MM game and send us information regarding them. "

Grains of salt...

Mega Man Site Gets Makeover, Satellite Server In English

Capcom updated the official Mega Man homepage the other day, in an attempt to hype up Mega Man Star Force 3's North American, June 30th, 2009 release.

The updated site contains lots of SF3 information, all of which taken directly from the original Japanese site. Oh, and best of all, the Satellite Server, one of the main features of the Japanese page, has been translated entirely into english. Tickle me impressed.

Toyfare Talks New Mega Man Figures

The newest issue of Toyfare magazine talked a little bit about Jazwares' upcoming Mega Man figures:

"Jazwares will be introducing a line of vinyls called JUVI's. They'll feature uniquely sculpted head pieces and a streamlined body base that is perfect for customization. Look for Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man in spring and early summer."

In another blurb, Joe Amaro, head of product development at Jazwares, stated that the Retro Roto Mega Man figures were very popular and hopes the JUVI's will expand upon that popularity.

Rockman 9 No Longer A Wii Exclusive In Japan

Rockman 9's status of being a Wii exclusive title in Japan is no more; the game is off to XBLA and PSN this June.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:49:11 AM by Protoman Blues »

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 08:03:01 AM
"Also this fall from UDON comes new Mega Man manga brought to you straight from Japan! Initial titles will focus on the adventures of the original Mega Man and also Mega Man ZX, the latest addition to the core Mega Man universe. More details on these and other titles will be coming soon."

I came.

I like how Vile and X are on the Mega Man Official Complete Works cover, and Dr. Wily is on the MMXOCW cover.

As for the MMSF3 English names; I have no problem with them, except maybe one....

Also... "4chan" lol

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 08:17:10 AM
I like how Vile and X are on the Mega Man Official Complete Works cover, and Dr. Wily is on the MMXOCW cover.

Looking at the pictures again, I too noticed them. Now, I can understand Wily on the X cover, but X and Vile on the Classic cover - that's just not right.  :\

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 08:23:24 AM
I also noticed that the original colored Oilman is on the MMOCW cover.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 08:29:21 AM
Maybe they thought it was too hard to photoshop them out and said "[tornado fang] it, they won't notice"

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:00:15 AM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it's nice to see that the ZX series is still featured on the official Megaman page.  At least that lets me know that Capcom thinks of it as a still ongoing series.

AntiBunny

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 11:12:20 AM
Looking at the pictures again, I too noticed them. Now, I can understand Wily on the X cover, but X and Vile on the Classic cover - that's just not right.  :\
I think you're forgetting something. Something very important.
CIGMA
Need I say more?

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:45:34 PM
Quote from: Anonymous
Where's my [tornado fang]ing MegaMan Ledgends 3?
this

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:34:43 PM
You know, I would forgive Capcom if they didn't release anything this year if they actually spend that time making a title worth the wait, or even wait 'til 2011 if they hyped it to no end (like Starcraft 2). Megaman 9 wasn't the reconciliation with home consoles I've dreamt of, despite being a good Megaman title with a good reception.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 06:23:39 PM
Now that's a punch in the nuts.

And yes, I know exactly how that feels... O^O

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 09:00:36 PM
Megaman 9 was never on the 360 or ps3 this whole entire time for Japan? Seriously? But i've seen plenty of japanese people's profiles when looking at the time attack leaderboards on mm9, since i got the 360 version. :\
Im confused now ....

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 09:21:13 PM
The News concerning Udon is actually very interesting. It's nice to see the covers, along with the little hints in there... very nice stuff.

As for the "no new MM for a while"... oh well, what can we do other than wait. It's also true that some japanese companies don't necessarily tell their other branches what's going on, and it would actually explain a lot about some of Capcom's actions if they do work that way.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 09:51:34 PM
Megaman 9 was never on the 360 or ps3 this whole entire time for Japan? Seriously? But i've seen plenty of japanese people's profiles when looking at the time attack leaderboards on mm9, since i got the 360 version. :\
Im confused now ....

kuja-san... the leaderboards counts for the whole world, but they are locked to individual systems. That's why you don't see Wii records on the 360.

Secondly, both the English and Japanese language exist inside the ROM, so all you have to do is to switch the language of your system. I think a few of the Japanese users have bought+downloaded the game through an English 360/PS3 account.

This announcement is an official release for 360 and PS3 that sets the primary language to Japanese.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 10:37:36 PM
So no new mega other than Starforce for a "while" huh?
Oh well. I can wait, It will make the game much more enjoyble when it gets announced/over here.
I do hope it's a new ZX, Classic, or X game.
And if by some miracle it turns out to be Legends 3, then most of us will be screaming (and perhaps even wetting our undergarments) with joy.

However if it's a new series...well I'll have to see the game first to see if I'll be filled with joy, or be filled with un-intrest like the kind in the Mega game thats coming up.

I Also find the covers for the MMOCW and MMXOCW simply DELICIOUS!

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 11:41:35 PM
kuja-san... the leaderboards counts for the whole world, but they are locked to individual systems. That's why you don't see Wii records on the 360.

Secondly, both the English and Japanese language exist inside the ROM, so all you have to do is to switch the language of your system. I think a few of the Japanese users have bought+downloaded the game through an English 360/PS3 account.

This announcement is an official release for 360 and PS3 that sets the primary language to Japanese.

Oh i see okay. I remember how you told me the first statment before. But i never would have realized that. (about the rest of your reply) Well that's an interesting fact. :) okay.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 02:15:35 AM
I can understand X on the cover, in fact, I could understand if Zero was there too, but Vile? what the heck does he have to do with the classic series other than his knowledge of the name "Rockman" in the Iwamoto manga?

speaking of which,
ZX and classic mangas coming to the US? it cant be true... O^O  O^O
who knows? ,maybe this will pave the way for the X mangas to come here too!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 02:22:44 AM
I can understand X on the cover, in fact, I could understand if Zero was there too, but Vile? what the heck does he have to do with the classic series other than his knowledge of the name "Rockman" in the Iwamoto manga?

speaking of which,
ZX and classic mangas coming to the US? it cant be true... O^O  O^O
who knows? ,maybe this will pave the way for the X mangas to come here too!

Looks like Cappy's finally listening to the ears of US fans, and hopeful comback that shows you don't have to be a shooter for a good franchise~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 03:38:55 AM
i WISH the X mangas would come out here. they only place which really has translations is Dr. Neko's lab, and they havnt updated theirs in a long time.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 05:11:12 AM
i WISH the X mangas would come out here. they only place which really has translations is Dr. Neko's lab, and they havnt updated theirs in a long time.

I remember that place. I think they had a few videos there also, if I recall.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 05:54:11 AM
Both original MM manga AND ZX? Damn it Udon/Capcom! I'm not made of money! >___<

You know, I would forgive Capcom if they didn't release anything this year if they actually spend that time making a title worth the wait, or even wait 'til 2011 if they hyped it to no end (like Starcraft 2). Megaman 9 wasn't the reconciliation with home consoles I've dreamt of, despite being a good Megaman title with a good reception.

I really, really hope that's why we have heard nothing of a new game yet.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 06:58:59 AM
good. that means Megaman can take a well deserved coffee break and marinate a while. we dont want Cappy churning out game after game just to satisfy us, because then the quality deteriorates. quality over quantity for me. :P
Id rather 1 great megaman game over 5 mediocre games. let them work on it for a while, at their own pace, until the result is really good.
yknow what I mean?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:58:16 PM
what the heck does he have to do with the classic series other than his knowledge of the name "Rockman" in the Iwamoto manga?

Spark Mandrill and Iris need to be on the classic cover too!

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 12:01:14 AM
Spark Mandrill and Iris need to be on the classic cover too!

The fact also is that Iris looks like a booth babe of the X series up until Alia, but Iris came first. :)

It was also a two-in-one as well before the split for the US release.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 08:40:23 AM
Despite the inconsistencies on those covers, they still look awesome, all forms of art on them...
And cool, ZX manga for localisation~

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 02:21:16 AM
Huh. I didn't know MM9 was single-plat in Japan.