The "Rockman Endless" ROM Hack Thread

N-Mario · 53523

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 07:07:55 PM
Cleared 75 screens last night. New record for me. Those lasers and the arrows in Gravity Man's section keep screwing me.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 09:21:56 PM
Okay. Apparently, there is a new stage select screen. Don't know if its after game over or what. Looks like there is a practice mode? o_O

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 11:05:28 PM
Oh that is awesome.
Practice all the various stages until you know them, then you won't have to fail every time you try going through the endless mode all together. ^ ^

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 05:42:05 AM
Well ins't thaaaaat interesting. Very nice to know. Now I can suck so I WON'T suck later on.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 06:25:15 PM
Is there a special method to getting the area select screen? Unless I applied the wrong ips file, I still only see normal and hard modes.  :|

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 11:11:08 PM
Might need to get the newest IPS patch? =o

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 03:29:18 AM
It actually said it on the main page under the images last time i looked, but now it seems he removed it from the website now, but if i recall he said something like "left+start" from the title screen ...or maybe it was right+start im not sure. :|

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 16, 2008, 03:42:32 AM
35 screens this time, I repeated the Spark Man Spike Fall Twice. X(

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 05:52:18 AM
It actually said it on the main page under the images last time i looked, but now it seems he removed it from the website now, but if i recall he said something like "left+start" from the title screen ...or maybe it was right+start im not sure. :|
Okay that's it. It is hold Left + Start. :)

Although I would prefer if it was a menu option on the select screen, instead of a secret button combination.  >w<

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:36 PM
Although I would prefer if it was a menu option on the select screen, instead of a secret button combination.  >w<
It's a hidden feature, so a secret button combination IS the way to go. 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 16, 2008, 07:15:54 PM
I wish my Controller would activate Analog Sticks only when the light IS on, Maybe I would be better at playing this.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 16, 2008, 11:27:04 PM
Latest version only has a new one area, and it is really rare to see in rockman games, it is wily 3 area 4, scrolling stage you should check it.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 17, 2008, 06:01:03 AM
IMHO, They should focus on making an endless mode for games 4 & 6. Or at least for MM 1, 2, or 3, or something. Because fighting the MM5 bosses gets very tiresome after a while.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #38 on: November 17, 2008, 06:04:31 AM
Fighting the bosses from Rockman 6 is even more tiresome in my opinion.
But I wouldn't mind each of them getting an endless hack, t'would be quite fun.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 05:19:13 PM
Hmm..... The authors site has posted what looks like Needle Man's stage...... Rock Man 3 Endlesss? o_O

Considering RockMan 3 was everyone's favorite game, this might be interesting. :)

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 09:54:01 PM
Hmm..... The authors site has posted what looks like Needle Man's stage...... Rock Man 3 Endlesss? o_O

Considering RockMan 3 was everyone's favorite game, this might be interesting. :)

Another update? Sweet. I was hoping he'd throw in some MM3 stages.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 10:03:38 PM
It's actually Rockman 3 ROM, not Rockman 5.

http://www.geocities.jp/rock5easily/

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 10:47:50 PM
I'll have to give the new Rockman 3 Endless a try sometime.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 01:00:57 AM
Gauntlet might like this~

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 02:15:03 AM
It's nothing special really. The planet graphic was there originally in the rom. It was placed on the 2nd screen if you look in a level editor.

The reason it never showed up though originally is because the stage uses a special parallax scrolling effect right??

Well the NES can only scroll the current screen as it is. And it will be repeated infintely, in other words it will never draw anything to the screen above the division line between the parallax scroll, and the normal playfield. If the planet graphic was placed on the very first beginning screen, then it will appear, and stay there being scrolled very slowly, but infintely wrap from the left/right side of the screen to the opposite side.

The original game designers probably did not have it there for the final version of the game because since it's a giant graphic, it would feel really weird to keep seeing it appear on the oppositie side of the screen repeatedly as if world rotated fully every minute.

It's very close to being like parallax BG's on the SNES...except the major downside is ...because of NES limitations, you can virtually never have any level design in the "affected" area of the screen that's doing the parallax. It has to be a completely black screen, or a repeated pattern. That is why many of the NES megaman's fortress bosses like wily, use those scrolling techniques, however it can only be on pure solid black with no BG design whatsoever.

Wether some people already know this or not, i just felt like explaining for anyone that may have not actually understood or knew how it worked.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 03:02:10 AM
Even though I knew the planet was there before, I never got to see it in use.  It's a nice effect.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 04:43:44 AM
It's actually Rockman 3 ROM, not Rockman 5.

http://www.geocities.jp/rock5easily/

Last I checked, there was only a few endless stages for RM3 around. I could only play through some of hard man stages and needle mans stages. Maybe I should wait until it's more complete, where all bosses are fightable, & stages are playable?

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 07:30:30 AM
It's nothing special really. The planet graphic was there originally in the rom. It was placed on the 2nd screen if you look in a level editor.

The reason it never showed up though originally is because the stage uses a special parallax scrolling effect right??

Well the NES can only scroll the current screen as it is. And it will be repeated infintely, in other words it will never draw anything to the screen above the division line between the parallax scroll, and the normal playfield. If the planet graphic was placed on the very first beginning screen, then it will appear, and stay there being scrolled very slowly, but infintely wrap from the left/right side of the screen to the opposite side.

The original game designers probably did not have it there for the final version of the game because since it's a giant graphic, it would feel really weird to keep seeing it appear on the oppositie side of the screen repeatedly as if world rotated fully every minute.

It's very close to being like parallax BG's on the SNES...except the major downside is ...because of NES limitations, you can virtually never have any level design in the "affected" area of the screen that's doing the parallax. It has to be a completely black screen, or a repeated pattern. That is why many of the NES megaman's fortress bosses like wily, use those scrolling techniques, however it can only be on pure solid black with no BG design whatsoever.

Wether some people already know this or not, i just felt like explaining for anyone that may have not actually understood or knew how it worked.
TOO MUCH READING!
I'm just gonna nod along.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 12:52:54 PM
Sorry :( I'll try to make it short then.
Just was saying that how the reason the game designers prob never used it in the end because it was such a big graphic, it will wrap around from one side of the screen to the other in a very short amount of time of walking in a direction, and it prob would of seemed too weird for people to imagine that the earth rotated in only a minute or whatever.  ???

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 07:04:36 PM
I managed to get so far on my first try before I made a bad jump...
This is from yesterday (same time I put up the lost planet animation).
But I was too tired to post it, until now. ^^

Rockman 3 Endless (version 2008.11.23) - 326 screens - 181 MB
Download (avi)

(c) Sky Child~