• RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #75 on: April 28, 2009, 10:13:16 PM
Make it the 3 of us. Z4 is what made RPM so popular. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: April 28, 2009, 10:14:35 PM
I think it was MegaMan that made RPM popular.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #77 on: April 28, 2009, 10:16:56 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: April 28, 2009, 10:24:57 PM
Arguing over video game plot in this thread

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: April 28, 2009, 11:24:55 PM
Who other than yourself are you agreeing with?

Gauntlet. sort of.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: April 29, 2009, 01:30:26 AM
I liked zero 4 too. For all reasons...

that's about all I have to say though...

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #81 on: April 29, 2009, 01:31:32 AM
Gauntlet. sort of.
Well ... not really.  I think X5 handled the Z transition better than X6 and that it all works better if we ignore X6's ending completely.  I like Z4 fine.  It has some problems, but overall it works.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #82 on: May 11, 2009, 12:08:52 AM
X5 is among the worst ways to kill ANY character, much less Zero.  One who has reached playable status should not die a pointless death.   BOSS EXPLOSIONS DO NOT KILL.  In Z4 Zero was sacrificing himself for the planet, and as cheesy as it sounds, it worked damn well.

Well, now to back-track over the old responses while I was away:

And that's what I saw from way back when, when Z3 filled the nonexistant plot-hole of X6's copy body (yeah, because X6 made it utterly obvious it was a "copy" body. Whatever)
Get equipped with MMZOCW, and update your Fanon definitions.

There is, nor was there ever, any copy body in X6.  The copy body originated in Elf Wars, the interim between Zero's two slumbers.  The fact that he konked out twice was written by Inticreates for the full and sole reason of accommodating the Dark Elf.  Despite ever so fun brainstorms about the contrary, nothing in Z3 is relevant to X-series continuity.

I try to just forget that X6 has a tie in to the Zero series.  It never worked.  In Z1 Zero wasn't in a capsule at all and didn't look like his X series self.  Moreover, Omega didn't look like X-series Zero either.  It's one of those on-paper things which sounds really good, but just ends up being confusing.
Once again, get equipped with MMZOCW.

Inticreates deliberately designed "their" Zero trying to be as different from the X-series as they could get away with, simply for the sake of being able to distinguish their series at a glance.

And as for continuity, Zero actually IS hooked up to some manner of obviously broken down equipment.  Which fits with X6 a hell of a lot better than it does X5 leaving him in a forgotten junk heap.  Moot point since Z3 pulled a switcheroo, though.

Absolutely.  I mean, forget about the fix they made to fit X6's ending in there for a minute and just focus on X5 and Z1.  X5 shows Zero mysteriously disappearing and Z1 shows Zero in a mysterious room in a new body.  Zero only has to mysteriously disappear once in this version ... and who knows what happened to him then?  X5 showed him totally destroyed too, so it makes sense that he might look different after his mysterious repairs.
Except that a blown up pile of crap that used to be a Maverick Hunter shouldn't be salvageable after lying in a hole somewhere for a century.  Some manner of maintenance that fell into disrepair is far more plausible.  Furthermore, the art style is not part of continuity.  Never was.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: May 11, 2009, 12:16:52 AM
BOSS EXPLOSIONS DO NOT KILL.

Z4 technically was a boss explosion still... technically. >.>

Get equipped with MMZOCW, and update your Fanon definitions.

There is, nor was there ever, any copy body in X6.  The copy body originated in Elf Wars, the interim between Zero's two slumbers.  The fact that he konked out twice was written by Inticreates for the full and sole reason of accommodating the Dark Elf.  Despite ever so fun brainstorms about the contrary, nothing in Z3 is relevant to X-series continuity.

Rod knows, he's just talking about the theories from before RZOCW. I'm sure you recall a certain person's claims about X6 Zero being in a copy body made by Light.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 11, 2009, 12:26:40 AM
BOSS EXPLOSIONS DO NOT KILL. 
tell that to omega. and technically Phantom.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #85 on: May 11, 2009, 12:27:32 AM
They kill the boss itself, obviously... although that still leaves the Guardians. And that WAS a shitty way to kill them off.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #86 on: May 11, 2009, 01:39:59 AM
Rod knows, he's just talking about the theories from before RZOCW. I'm sure you recall a certain person's claims about X6 Zero being in a copy body made by Light.
I recall.  But Rod does fall behind on the community events now and then, so I wasn't sure.

tell that to omega. and technically Phantom.
Omega was a retcon during the interim between Z4 and ZX when Inticreates realized, oh snap, they left the players hanging with what the heck happened to the remaining Guardians.  Phantom is a last-ditch attack, the explosion itself does no damage.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #87 on: May 11, 2009, 07:57:39 AM
I recall.  But Rod does fall behind on the community events now and then, so I wasn't sure.
'sides what Zan's already said, I was mocking that notion in my post, not advocating it, man. :P From way back when, I always said "please, solid concrete undeniable proof of a copy body in X6" and what I got was "IT'S OBVIOUS!!!!".

Either good job addressing the whole transition deal. Lord knows I've done this more times I can count and it's lost its luster for years now.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:10 PM
After replaying all stories in X5 recently, I gotta say X5 was the end all be all to the X Series and the perfect setup. It had throwbacks out the ass, Zero gets completely nerfed, Sigma infects the ENTIRE [tornado fang]ing PLANET. Sure, the game was subpar but hey, it fits alot better than X6's ass ending.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: May 12, 2009, 11:30:16 PM
X6 never was intended as an ending of the series. In that regard, you can't compare it to X5. X6 was a sneakpeak of the future, a sneakpeak of the ending that has yet to be written. Only when it is written can you compare it to X5.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: May 12, 2009, 11:45:48 PM
Okay, pedantism aside, I still don't like the direction it took after what should've been the end of the series

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 13, 2009, 12:15:04 AM
What direction? X6 or X7+? X6 really shouldn't be grouped with a story that wasn't even conceived at the time. X7's sudden shift in direction is almost universally disliked. X6 on the other hand ties in very nicely with X5 and introduced to us two of the most awesome characters of the series.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 13, 2009, 12:16:42 AM
How about either or?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: May 13, 2009, 05:29:57 AM
What direction? X6 or X7+? X6 really shouldn't be grouped with a story that wasn't even conceived at the time. X7's sudden shift in direction is almost universally disliked. X6 on the other hand ties in very nicely with X5 and introduced to us two of the most awesome characters of the series.
Isoc and Gate I presume? Gate... it really was a pity he never got "repaired" or mentioned again. he was such an awesome character to just keep dead.

Posted on: May 13, 2009, 05:20:54
How about either or?
X6 never took any different "direction" its a direct follow up to X5. the intro stage is Eurasia's ruins themselves. there isnt any "direction" it changed. aside from the half baked Nightmare system, and the introduction of the only character (Besides Wily's various personifications) who was actually able to crack the code on the un-analyzable hunter. Zero. and from it, create a new Virus, a  battle body for himself, a reploid, and even a clone of the original himself.

now X7+ did take a different direction, which I didnt quite like much, but was "meh" X7 completely disregards the previous events of the Earth crisis, with the only mention being that civilization has gotten back on its feet and moved on. gameplay aside, X7 was rather dull. Introducing a new character just for the sake of story and to sell a new "fresh" gimmick, was the smallest problem. the whole fiasco was basically just another X4, except that Axl doesn't die. the comes (storywise) X8, and was perfect in almost every way, however, was WAAAY too different from the previous entries aesthetically, and the story, while attempting to link to X7 with Axl, felt rather mediocre. the redesigns didnt help either.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 13, 2009, 01:55:07 PM
X7 completely disregards the previous events of the Earth crisis, with the only mention being that civilization has gotten back on its feet and moved on.

They arrived at point RD13-29…a special re-development area. A big colony fell long time ago….then everything was destroyed….but the area had since then recovered from the damage. Red and Axl stood on the hill where they could see the developing area…waiting for the right time to strike. Axl was completely enthralled. The moment right before all the action was always so strangely fulfilling. His excitement and tension actually made him very comfortable. Perhaps that was the reason for his existence? To hunt? Perhaps Axl admired the blue repliroid because he could see his own real personality coming out when in pursuit of an Irregular.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: May 13, 2009, 05:27:10 PM
Neo Arcadia's existence made more sense before X7 and X8 came out, I find. What with civilization recovering, it kinda defeats the purpose of Neo Arcadia. Yeah yeah, then they came up with the Elf Wars to destroy everything again, but still.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: May 14, 2009, 01:13:50 AM
Isoc and Gate I presume? Gate... it really was a pity he never got "repaired" or mentioned again. he was such an awesome character to just keep dead.

Posted on: May 13, 2009, 05:20:54
X6 never took any different "direction" its a direct follow up to X5. the intro stage is Eurasia's ruins themselves. there isnt any "direction" it changed. aside from the half baked Nightmare system, and the introduction of the only character (Besides Wily's various personifications) who was actually able to crack the code on the un-analyzable hunter. Zero. and from it, create a new Virus, a  battle body for himself, a reploid, and even a clone of the original himself.
Well, aside from the terrible nightmare bs that I've never thought was good, after replaying X4/5, my problems with X6 are nearly all gameplay issues. The levels are just really really frustrating and meh. So thats the direction I dislike, there. Again, aside from the Nightmare stuff, I really liked that it followed straight up from X5 instead of ignoring it, even though X5 should've ended it.

now X7+ did take a different direction, which I didnt quite like much, but was "meh" X7 completely disregards the previous events of the Earth crisis, with the only mention being that civilization has gotten back on its feet and moved on. gameplay aside, X7 was rather dull. Introducing a new character just for the sake of story and to sell a new "fresh" gimmick, was the smallest problem. the whole fiasco was basically just another X4, except that Axl doesn't die. the comes (storywise) X8, and was perfect in almost every way, however, was WAAAY too different from the previous entries aesthetically, and the story, while attempting to link to X7 with Axl, felt rather mediocre. the redesigns didnt help either.
While I disagree on X8 being almost perfect, we can all agree on X7 :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: May 14, 2009, 02:20:55 AM
Well, the nightmare system is not what it was intended to be. X6 for all intents and purposes should be considered an unfinished product. Its not like it took any "new direction" either. it was just a game gimmick to be used in that one game.
also, X5 is a TERRIBLE end for the series. it explains how X got the saber in Z1, but thats JUUUSt about it.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 14, 2009, 02:26:53 AM
We'll just agree to disagree. We don't need another 5 page debate over it again :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:52 AM
We'll just agree to disagree. We don't need another 5 page debate over it again :P
BWAHAHAHAH!!!
The irony kills me...