• Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 07:16:56 PM
Mao was needed in order to reveal important factors

-C.C. gave more than one person Geass
-Breaking a contract does not cancel the given ability
-Geass users are not immune to each other, or themselves
-Geass is only what LELOUCH calls it. Not what everyone else does.
-Lelouch is a [Top Spin]
-The effects of over using the geass
All of those could have been easily revealed without Mao. Well, maybe except the "C.C gave more Geasses" part. But even that could have been done well, if Geass actually had good writers.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 07:18:05 PM
-Geass is only what LELOUCH calls it. Not what everyone else does.

Not true. As I remember V.V. told Suzaku that Zero had a geass, and Charles mentioned why Lelouch doesn't just use his geass on him in C's world. Along with Cornelia in R2. There are other refrences I can point out, but those are the most prevalent.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 07:42:43 PM
Not true. As I remember V.V. told Suzaku that Zero had a geass, and Charles mentioned why Lelouch doesn't just use his geass on him in C's world. Along with Cornelia in R2. There are other refrences I can point out, but those are the most prevalent.
Actually, I think that's just retarded writing. Which reminds me, why did Shirley(who lost her memory of Lelouch and then found out he is Zero from the old note she wrote) was in love with "Lulu" again? And why did she suddenly forgot that he is Zero? WAT

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 10:23:57 PM
Easy, The Ashford Student Council's memories of Nunally were erased (In which she was replaced with Rolo.). So along with that, they erased the memories of her remembering that Lelouch was Zero. (As shown when she gets her memories back in Turn 12.Of course, this is her knowing it from the first time she lost her memories.) Of course, this is her knowing it from before the first time she lost her memories.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 07:35:45 AM
Said memories were erased by Charles, who had the Geass of memory manipulation.

Revolutionary

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 12:26:04 PM
his evilness just grinds my gears. his complexity comes off as an absolute mess. and what he does at the very end of the show's run (i.e. where Adult Swim left off) is just absolutely ridiculous. no one's that noble. at least Light stayed evil to the very end.

You do not get the point. Yagami Light is an evil bastard with a God Complex who doesn't stop from doing anything that would in some way benefit him, including killing of his own family. He wants to rid the world of everything evil or rather, everything he deems worthless and become God for all those left behind. Meanwhile, Lelouch still has a human side. He has issues with some of the things he's doing. Plus, he's not doing his rebellion thing for himself, his goal is to make a better world for Nunnally where she can live happily. His only other motiviation is to find out who killed his mother and why, then getting revenge on them. It's not about his own happiness, although C.C. says it is. He's walking a fine line because he might involve people he actually cares about and unlike Light, he actually wants them to be alive. As we see, Light did not hesitate to benefit from his sister's abduction by the Mello faction or his father's death later on. His main motivation aside from becoming God was not getting caught. Lelouch on the other hand in R2 presented himself on a silver dish and said evil things to Kallen in order to get her out of the line of fire, amongst other stuff.

He only becomes "evil" in the end, but that only serves a greater purpose, kinda like Revan in Knights of the Old Republic. However, unlike Revan, Lelouch's death was always part of his own plan.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 12:40:42 PM
-It suddenly being called Geass in R2 WAS crappy writing. During the R1 project they went to extra lengths to point that out in the side materials. Aside from the Mao deal mentioned earlier, C.C. herself at the start had no clue WTF lelouch was talking about when he said Geass. Also in the DS came, Castor and Pollux call it their own thing as well. "the blessed".

-Shirley never remembered on her own. She simply knew the info from the letter, but didn't know what to make of it until LOYALTY broke the geass. And Chalulu can't erase memories, only manipulate them. But if a person forgets a memory on their own, it's lost. Such as Lelouch's memories of Anya. He simply forgo about her over those 8 years.

So along with that, they erased the memories of her remembering that Lelouch was Zero. (As shown when she gets her memories back in Turn 12.Of course, this is her knowing it from the first time she lost her memories.)

Charles nor V.V. knew anything about her knowing Lelouch was Zero. The only thing Charles did was alter the Nunnaly memories. The memory of LuRo was already Geassed away from lelouch himself. Orange just broke both geasses at the same time.

Archer

Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 01:29:14 PM
stuff about lelouch and righto

Quote from: How To Read 13
If it was Misa, Light would not be bothered over whether she lived or died. Since the beginning, Light had always loved his family. He believed that they were good and righteous, the perfect citizens for his new world. Despite his utopian aim to become the God of justice, he cared about the welfare of good people like Soichiro and Sayu.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 01:38:37 PM
Sure as hell didn't look that way to me.

Archer

Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 01:39:57 PM
Sure as hell didn't look that way to me.
I know, right?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:05 PM
I consider Yagami Light the greatest [sonic slicer] of all time in all of anime, with Post S1 Suzaku as runner-up.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 03:04:31 PM
He sure didn't give a [parasitic bomb] about Clovis though, who was one of his closest relatives

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 04:57:21 PM
I guess he pretty much detached himself from the Britannia Royal Family after the death of his mother and the confrontation with his father. Pretty much the only one out of that family other than Nunnally he cared about was Euphemia. And we all know how that ended.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 11:54:59 PM
Easy, The Ashford Student Council's memories of Nunally were erased (In which she was replaced with Rolo.).
I think I missed the scene where the emperor paid the academy a visit to line everyone up for memory tampering.

Mao was an useless character that served his purpose in the first episode he appeared in. And actually should have died when those policemen shot him.
No, he should have kept coming back more and more improbably, continuing to torment Lelouche for the rest of the series as the guy who knows everything but can't say anything.

Now that Schneizel guy, he's useless.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 12:08:27 AM
I think I missed the scene where the emperor paid the academy a visit to line everyone up for memory tampering.

Well, It did happen. How else would they buy that Rolo is Lelouch's brother?

Now that Schneizel guy, he's useless.

Don't you mean Odysseus? Schneizel was pretty much a main antagonist. (Is that how you spell it?)

Either way, does anybody know where I could find those tunes played at the beginning of R2 episodes (when the episode title would appear.)?

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 12:27:45 AM
Well, It did happen. How else would they buy that Rolo is Lelouch's brother?
I don't know, but I do wonder about the logistics of it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 12:35:28 AM

Don't you mean Odysseus? Schneizel was pretty much a main antagonist. (Is that how you spell it?)

It's Schnitzel (Rada, Radda), dood. I might need start from the anime, but eh. I have the recordings on my AT&T TV recorder, better to start at Ep 1 tonight.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 12:56:18 AM

The Emperor did not come to Area 11, most of the Ashford students went back to Britannia after the failure of the Black Rebellion. Out of those who went back to Britannia, pretty much only Milly, Shirley and Rivalz returned to Japan. While in Britannia, Charles messed with their memories.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 07:53:54 AM
O2 is a [tornado fang]ing incredible song. whereas R1's first two openings, in my opinion, are nails on a chalkboard.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 26, 2009, 07:55:24 AM
O2 is a [tornado fang]ing incredible song. whereas R1's first two openings, in my opinion, are nails on a chalkboard.

Totally agreed, although you might be disappointed with World's End in the latter half of R2 as it's sung by the same guys who did Colors, the first OP.

I like it though. XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 26, 2009, 08:06:52 AM
no, i don't mind that one. true, i'm not a big fan of FLOW, but this song's okay.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 26, 2009, 03:58:14 PM
I like World's End more than O2

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 04:48:19 PM
I like Hitomi no Tsubasa more than O2.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 06:57:23 PM
I CONTINUE TO FIGHT! I CONTINUE TO FIIIIGHTRRRAGH!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 07:09:10 PM
Wee, Code Geass mixed with Family Guy DVD switch-off last night, was Turn 13. A very "What Am I Fighting For" moment in the end.

They got Ninja Maidens, and Hawkeye joins the good, while Lelouch started Geass-spamming to keep the female alive. That does not, how his Geass works.

Har Har Har.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.