Zero was way cooler before he became playable.

Sub Tank · 30563

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 05:53:06 AM
I'm assuming you're saying that because of how chips are only collected after the boss LVL goes up past 1?
There's that, and there's the fact that there's no way in hell you're getting everything. Which is lame when it comes to a Megaman game.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 10:59:11 AM
You must kill yourself if you want to use the ultimate armour against X/Zero

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009, 07:02:19 PM
He means mental age, not physical age. Might want to clarify next time before confusion runs amuck, Zan.

I didn't specify it on purpose. I would think it means mental age. But it could also mean there were 14 to 15 years from X's awakening to X1 or that his body resembles a 14~15 year old. The manual does specify it, but I'm just not sure how it's phrased since I can't read japanese. (Different from say, Giro and Grey, who are just said to be 15~25 and 14 year old respectively, without any mention of in what way.)

If we have any people that can read this, see for yourself:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2130/xspexkd7.jpg

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: March 29, 2009, 07:42:33 PM
I'm 50% on agreement and dissagreement.

There are several moments Zero was made famous for, including his two moments where he saves X's butt from becoming Machine Gun Sushi by Vile. Plus, the moment he went kamikaze was awesome. Him Destroying his fake was cool as well. The high points of Zero's Playable Career were in X4 and X5, which while they had a main plot, the bigger focus was on Zero. Even though beating Mavericks with him is hard, he sounds great in X4. Not to mention his girlfriend pulled an early FFVII by dying.(which got parodied by nicovideo with Proto Man and Splash Woman)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 08:50:50 PM
The high points of Zero's Playable Career were in X4 and X5
X6 and Xtreme2 want a word with you.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: March 29, 2009, 09:54:54 PM
The only problem with his X6 iteration is that move that sends you into the pit.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: March 29, 2009, 11:28:51 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2130/xspexkd7.jpg
Aw, early X is so cute!  He looks like the original Rock playing dress-up.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: March 30, 2009, 12:28:43 AM
Aw, early X is so cute!  He looks like the original Rock playing dress-up.
Okay, that was kinda weird , and a bit off topic

Im not sure i liked Zero always , so to me being able to play him was a bonus... exept i didnt like dieing with him..

~ ( Zero fangirl if u havent noticed...  owo ) ~

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 30, 2009, 12:35:43 AM
But see, when the bottom edges of his eyes are drawn with an upward curve, that means he has chubby cheeks.

So it's totally on topic.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 30, 2009, 12:35:59 AM
Late to the topic, but I agree if we're excluding the fantastic Zero series. Also, Nakayama Zero & X were awesome redesigns. And before I get an earful about "lol too shotacon/lolicon", I only have this to respond with:

You all clearly never saw some of the more ridiculously great art from the series. Meanwhile, I dunno what happened after the Zero series (i.e. in the ZX series) in terms of the art direction, but it definitely didn't have the same flair and awesome that the Zero series did.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 30, 2009, 01:08:24 AM
Late to the topic, but I agree if we're excluding the fantastic Zero series. Also, Nakayama Zero & X were awesome redesigns. And before I get an earful about "lol too skinny, shrimpy, & loli", I only have this to respond with:

X and Zero.

Loli.

Blowin' my [tornado fang]ing mind here dude.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 30, 2009, 01:13:04 AM
X and Zero.

Loli.

Blowin' my [tornado fang]ing mind here dude.

Glad I could help with that. :P

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #62 on: March 30, 2009, 01:28:17 AM
Girls = Loli
Boys = Shota

Learn the difference. </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: March 30, 2009, 01:30:22 AM
Girls = Loli
Boys = Shota

Learn the difference. </wii>

Thing is, I said that to refer to the complaints about how girls were drawn in the series. I guess I should have been more clear with that. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: March 30, 2009, 02:15:44 AM
the cool thing about Zer in X1-2(possibly 3 also,) was that he was very awesome in terms of abilities. he could do what X couldnt. he had an autodash. which is probably the biggest thing, had a blue mid charged shot which could destroy ride armors, was red, was like a sort of big brother figure for X, and was not playable, which made you want to play as him. I cant explain it.. its actually like, he was better when he was broken. once he became "standard" he began to lose his touch. i also think that he should have stayed a Buster type. not just because he had a default double shot, but because it underlined the fact that he was Wily's answer to X. Light made a blue sleek kind hearted robot with a buster, Wily made a red, angular and cold hearted robot with a buster. And he had long blond hair. whereas X had no visible hair, which was presumably if he had any, similar to Rock's hair.

the they went and made his saber a main weapon and just dropped the buster like he never had it. teasing us in X5 and 6 with a mostly useless buster which could only be used while stationary on the ground, and had a pitifull range and size. although X6's was quite powerful.

then theres the appeal of his X1 form because we never got to  play as it. I still think MHX should have had a Zero mode instead of a Vile mode. because his X1 form looked just so awesome. it was simple, yet very cool.

another thing that kind of made Zero lame IMO, was that they deled too deep into his story. he was mysterious in X4, and Wily was mentioned in his nightmares. X5 kind of introduced Wilys presence to everyone else, and then X6 tried to put Wily right in Zero's face as Isoc. X6 kind of ruined Zero's backstory a bit for me. then after that, Wily and Zero's fears of him and his destiny were completely forgotten, and his character became just way too cold and emotionless. up to X5 and 6, he still showed some emotions. then in X7 made him totally emotionless. X8 following suite. the thing is, if they are going to make him emotionless and expressionless, then dont give him too much dialogue. like the Z series. he's pretty cold there, but he speaks little outside of mission related jargon. like discussing about neo arcadia and what to do about a missile base. he talks a bit with the bosses and thats that.
in other words, they are able to balance cold and personality well in the Zero series so that it works. not quite so in X7-CM.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline RockmanEXE582

• A Maverick Hunter Reploid Thing
  • Cyberelf
  • Just a guy who favorites the Megaman Zero series
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: March 30, 2009, 05:55:43 AM
Axl was cooler before he was playable.

oh wait a minute

Lol I agree.
Anyway I've always been a big fan of Zero. I and to prove it I play the Megaman Zero games more than Megaman X games

"I never cared about juctice, and I dont recall ever calling myself a hero."-Zero

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #66 on: March 30, 2009, 01:58:41 PM
Yeah....
I'd say X4 X5 were the low points of his playable career, at least if we're talking about playability.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: March 30, 2009, 02:43:41 PM
not really. id say X4, although he was saber only, was probably his best outing.
sort of. since X5 has basically all rehashes of his X4 moves though, I can comment, though the W- shredder was pretty neat. Id say X4-5 were his best playable appearances... X6 he was a powerhouse, but not that fun on account of his moves.
also, Xtreme 2 was one of his best.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: March 30, 2009, 09:40:38 PM
Sadly for me i havent played the X series yet ( other then command mission ) , ive got all of them , just im waiting for Gamestop to get X1 , then i'll start playing , So.... i cant say anything bad about his moves

And i dunno i thought the zero series was interesting and the animation was great , but just wondering , what did happen to Axl?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: March 30, 2009, 09:43:24 PM
Are the SNES X games available for the VC yet?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: March 30, 2009, 09:44:09 PM
Soul: Axl was added after the Zero Series was started, so he was more or less oversighted

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: March 30, 2009, 10:08:28 PM
Are the SNES X games available for the VC yet?

nope. just Classic 1, 2, and 3.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: March 30, 2009, 10:09:05 PM
Aw shucks.

They will probably finish the classic series before adding the X titles.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 02:01:34 AM
So far as gameplay handling, I don't think Zero has sunken too low, well, ever.  His being only half-accessible in X3 notwithstanding (still beats the hell out of X's buster anyway), he's been pretty solid.  Most games that blew in any particular department tended to make up for it in others (ie: X5 lacks originality, but packs the most powerful Giga).

although X6's was quite powerful.
......*puts away his magic fish*

Close one, Flame.  Close one.
X6 kind of ruined Zero's backstory a bit for me.
Never mind.

*smacks Flame with his magical talking fish*

Seriously, High Max beaten as Zero was epic.

then in X7 made him totally emotionless. X8 following suite.
X7 did no favors to anyone character-wise.  X8 Zero was *FAR* from emotionless, you need to play as Zero more.  He does get shafted in the "common" cutscenes, that much is true.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 02:43:45 PM
thats what I mean, he just is portrayed as overly cold, and thats what bugs me. whatever happened to the attitude he had in X5 and 6? he was more serious, but still retained a certain amount of surface personality.