Rockman Betas, Trials, Promos and scrapped projects. The more rare, the better.

VixyNyan · 265811

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Thanks, man. This is awesome. : D

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Being the sucker for pre-release/unseen/beta/oddities content for games that I am, I peeked into the XA directory of the Mega Man Legends disc, I've discovered what seems to be several unused voice dialogue pieces.

And I made a video of it two years ago, aptly titled Unused, Alternate, Unheard Dialogue of Mega Man Legends:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn20ZW76nYM[/youtube]

The unused dialogue includes alternate lines for MegaMan about unlocking the portals to the living quarters, to unheard cheering from the TV Reporter after presumably clearing the Bonnes' robots in City Hall, and more intended dialogue from the Inspector congratulating Mega Man for foiling the "bank robbery" in the game.

[spoiler]I wondered if Capcom initially planned on adding more content to MML during its localization.

As a matter of fact, besides the content that was edited in the localization, I've discovered that MML has two new exclusive tracks that weren't featured in the Japanese version: The Staff Roll tune and the Pop CD Sample.[/spoiler]

But that's not all.

In the sequel to my video above, I reveal more unused speech inside the Mega Man Legends, and unused dialogue inside Rockman Neo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PD58HlGKLQ[/youtube]

I published this other video just yesterday about unused Japanese and more English voice dialogue that are inside the Rockman Neo, and Mega Man Legends' discs. (Rockman Neo is the pre-release version of Mega Man Legends that has several major differences from the final. For more information on that demo, visit my video for complete details.)

What does this mean for us English speaking users? Not only are these Japanese bits missing in the final version of DASH, but apparently their English counterparts can be found unused inside the Mega Man Legends disc as well! Details in the video!

Most interesting however, is that when you died, Mega Man Juno was to laugh at you on the Game Over screen. Cheerfully. We've never heard him laugh before. Until now.

Please note that I am NOT the one who ripped all the Game Over, Juno, and Kobun speech samples. I only ripped out all the Rockman Neo speech content). I do not know the person who ripped them.

Just thought I'd share this interesting thing to everyone. Enjoy.  ;)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC94oDnqF4c[/youtube]

I still have my Episode 1 disc and am happy I could explore the town too~ :cookie:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: April 20, 2011, 05:17:49 AM
For those green in the Legends scene, this is Rockman NEO, the Japanese pre-release demo of Mega Man Legends. This demo was included in the BIOHAZARD 2 (Resident Evil 2) Trial Disc that was packaged with the Japanese first edition copies of Resident Evil: Director's Cut in 1997. This was only made available in Japan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aATYG9hmdUk[/youtube]

This video demonstrates the several major differences (in gameplay, audio, content etc.) in this pre-release that the annotations in the video will show. I know, I know. It's 35 minutes long, but it's full of information, beta trivia, and fun stuff! Plus, there's references to TauVertex's Mega Man Legends Abridged Series.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Here's screens from a couple of years ago, from the first page. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Capcom sure likes putting our logo in there Betas.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
is there anything of note in those screens?  I have the disk, but didn't see anything really noteworthy ... although Legends isn't really my sorta game.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Most of it is explained in other sites, and in OKeijiDragon's video. It's mostly the change of Rock's hair, and the different layout for the Apple Market that are the more interesting bits. Rock's buster shots leaves a circular effect and a different sound effect after it hit an enemy, and the icon for the Special Weapons on the right side of the screen is different than the final version.

Oh I remember, you can't skip the cutscenes in Capcom Friendly Club or NEO versions. Those are the demos of the final game.

I took my own CFC disc and made a rip of it, and shared it over at Protodude's blog. I didn't get much credit for the sharing tho. ^^;

And I do own Biohazard 2 Trial Edition, if you choose Information, you can play NEO, and it was worth it to buy that. <3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
I didn't get much credit for the sharing tho. ^^;

Yeah, I know the feeling.  It's the wiki mentality, I tells ya!  

On the topic at hand, I've actually been thinking of stopping Megaman Mysteries.  It was original when I first started, but now actual hackers are finding things at places like http://tcrf.net (and they are not fond of my own effors, I tell you) and more and more I find I'd just be replicating their content more than anything else (although they don't have any prototype screens, which is something at leat).  

I could use some feedback and it's relevant to the topic.  Does it help to have things all at MM Mysteries?  Or do you guys think I should give it one last review and call it a day?

I don't know how many of you guys know about the Cutting Room Floor, but they do have a lot of relevant things there.  Definately worth checking out.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I thin tcrf has so much more than I could ever imagine. If MMM is costing you money to upkeep, I would say to try to work out some way to combine MMM into tcrf in exchange for some credit, or something. Unless you think your resources can produce a significant amount of unique information that tcrf does not. Also, remember that tcrf deals with things that are left in, not glitches. You might have an upper hand there.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, NEVER stop the MegaMan Mysteries!!
Keep it up or ask someone to have it uploaded for you on their own storage space at all times.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
@xnamkcor

MMM costs me nothing more than anythign else at the Mechanical Maniacs.  Other than time in maintaining and updating it, anyway.

TCRF is aware of MMM and thinks they're a "trainwreck".  They do have some valid points to that (the articles and section are in desperate need of an update), but they'd simply take what they wanted if they wanted it.  Seeing their work is what makes me question the value of MMM.

@VixyNyan

Really?  Even if I wind up copying some things from a wiki site like that?

The qestion isn't about deleting it.  I don't delete ANYTHING on the Mechanical Maniacs.  Ever.  And that MegaWrold damage guide is still good and not on tcrf.  Rather, I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it updated.  I hate to admit it, but I'm outclassed.  Right now, the only "unique" things I have to add are screens from the Official Guide to Megaman (which were posted somewhere before I got around to it) and info on the now-cancelled Megaman Universe.  

Edit: And and insanely high-rez version of White City from Nintendo Power.  But I can post that regardless.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
In the dusk of this year's disappointing E3 2012 event, I, representing DASH Republic, would like to publically unveil a month and a half month old article the existence of another Mega Man Neo trailer that shows a little more detail of this particular alpha version of Legends 1 than what is known on the internet today.

http://www.dashrepublic.org/2012/04/24/mega-man-neo-footage-from-e3-1997-found/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDC7EWWIhNQ[/youtube]

Small excerpt from DASH Republic:
What you see above is old early alpha gameplay footage of Rockman NEO, or what would much later be known as Rockman DASH.

This footage features very many several key differences... This video features annotations by me that go over said differences... including a different Ferdinand boss model, a totally different city layout, and a completely different HUD that looks nothing familiar to the final version’s gameplay.

Please visit the site and read our awesome article on the subject! Thanks.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
That old Feldynaut model looks adorable. Actually, it looks kinda like that bat from Wood Man's stage. Nice work!

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: August 31, 2012, 07:18:01 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J_qtBbKFab0[/youtube]

This is a trailer of Rockman DASH from a special Japan-only demo disc, よい子とよいおとなの。 PlayStation 体験版 Vol.2 (roughly translated into English as "[The] Great Child & Great Adult. PlayStation Taikenban Vol. 2"). These demo discs were included in the console when you bought a new PlayStation in Japan.

The video, dated Oct 1997, contains an interesting mix of older Mega Man Neo footage combined with footage of later beta builds of Legends.

If anyone wants an ISO, I have one available here.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Hey KeijiDragon, do you mind if I make a video response of your video with just the video?

PS: For those of you whop just want the STR.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ws4xj4is34p3qol

PPS: For those of you who just want the AVI.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u2uvxsjaykuo6oo

PPPS: For those of you who don't have the UTV codec handy.
http://umezawa.dyndns.info/archive/utvideo/

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Hey KeijiDragon, do you mind if I make a video response of your video with just the video?
Why? That's redundant. Just skip to 0:20. =P

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
* Rockman DASH promo discs (Rockman NEO (1) (2)
Both of these links are broken.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Is it alright if abandoned fan games are mentioned here?

Have you signed an NDA saying you can't mention the game?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Fan games go into the Fan creation board. This is for discussing official products made by Capcom and supporting companies.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline AfroJackX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
mind if I put some beta pics from megaman x5?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
mind if I put some beta pics from megaman x5?

Go right ahead.

Offline AfroJackX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile

This is the MegaMan X5 title screen from the beta.

And this is the beta character select screen which is highlighted on X with his description.

Same as last pic but highlighted on Zero with his description.

A demo version of MegaMan X5 so some mavericks were not complete

In the first fight with sigma there are less clouds and the background is not dark and it doesn't have any lighting.

Same as last pic but this time with X.

There is a lot of differences here. First off the health bar is completely different and the second the background of the city is blury and doesn't have the destroyed bridge and the bottom of the ground is yellow. And third the vehicle enemy is skinnier.

This is X damaged in the intro stage but without his armor.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Speaking of Rockman X5 Beta...

Protodude dumped this today.

So yeah.