Rockman Betas, Trials, Promos and scrapped projects. The more rare, the better.

VixyNyan · 265982

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Digging that Stage Select tune.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I tried running it on an emulator and it said "ERROR: unsupported MIPS CPU Instruction"

???

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
I tried running it on an emulator and it said "ERROR: unsupported MIPS CPU Instruction"

???

What Emulator? I used ePSXe and it worked fine.

That damn rabbit from Mario 64 screwing up your game, thats what.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I use AdriPSX  o3o

EDIT: Nevermind, I got epsxe and it works now.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Now this is some awesome stuff. I love looks into the development of a project, especially of such a high quality title. Thank you for sharing this!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I really wonder what that unused tune was supposed to be for. I mean, both Tenguman and Clownman's stages use it.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile

I saw those too. I unfortunately made the mistake as passing them off for random junk. I was changing multiple things at once and thus messed up the graphics and backgrounds to the opening stage and the ice stage. So when I saw those other stages, I thought it was due to the game showing random crap because of my tinkering. I'm glad you pointed it out though as I probably wouldn't have gone back to them. Thanks!  owob It would have been sweet if those stages were more complete.  óVó

I really wonder what that unused tune was supposed to be for. I mean, both Tenguman and Clownman's stages use it.

That's just there as a place holder. Capcom does this a lot as I've seen similar stuff in unfinished builds of their other games.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

I saw those too. I unfortunately made the mistake as passing them off for random junk. I was changing multiple things at once and thus messed up the graphics and backgrounds to the opening stage and the ice stage. So when I saw those other stages, I thought it was due to the game showing random crap because of my tinkering. I'm glad you pointed it out though as I probably wouldn't have gone back to them. Thanks!  owob It would have been sweet if those stages were more complete.  óVó

That's just there as a place holder. Capcom does this a lot as I've seen similar stuff in unfinished builds of their other games.

Henger83 said the same thing.

Maybe you guys are twins or something.

PS: http://www.mediafire.com/?yctzb5yvf0lu2nk
Non-PSF copy of the music in case somebody has some weird aversion to playing PSFs.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Henger83 said the same thing.

Maybe you guys are twins or something.

That IS me  :P  ;)
Oh, and that's how I heard the unused track I mentioned about in the video. That should have told me there were more stages  :-[

I'd actually like to change my youtube name. I've heard it's possible (unofficially) but I'm not sure.  :\ Anyone know of a way?

Anyone want to pitch in to buy any of the following betas?  o-O

NES-
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5

SNES-
Mega Man 7
Mega Man Soccer (early, no gameplay)
Rockman X3 (early version, says Sample on the title screen)

Game Gear-
Mega Man

Game Boy
Rockman World (in English with NOA info on title screen)
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Mega Man V

GBA-
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (debug version)

I believe it's $3000 for all of them (that is a lot) or maybe just pitch in to get the  Rockman X3 sample cart. Doesn't matter to me who gets to keep the cart cuz I'm not going to buy another Super Famicom/Nintendo to play it.  The rom will suffice for me.  XD Too bad there's no detail next to the other betas to note differences.  :(

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Like this?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I... actually didn't mean to be.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I know.

I think he meant he wanted to change his Youtube account name.
And then you changed his name here to the name he doesn't like.

I thought it was kinda funny.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Like this?

Ack!....   :O
What have you done to me? *Thunder Carnivals Acid* (the tornado hold won't help you now.) :P
Mah boi, a youtube account name change is what all true Rockman fans strive for.   [eyebrow]

But yeah, xnamkcor is right. If only youtube was that easy  X(

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile

That IS me  :P  ;)
Oh, and that's how I heard the unused track I mentioned about in the video. That should have told me there were more stages  :-[

I'd actually like to change my youtube name. I've heard it's possible (unofficially) but I'm not sure.  :\ Anyone know of a way?

Anyone want to pitch in to buy any of the following betas?  o-O

NES-
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5

SNES-
Mega Man 7
Mega Man Soccer (early, no gameplay)
Rockman X3 (early version, says Sample on the title screen)

Game Gear-
Mega Man

Game Boy
Rockman World (in English with NOA info on title screen)
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Mega Man V

GBA-
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (debug version)

I believe it's $3000 for all of them (that is a lot) or maybe just pitch in to get the  Rockman X3 sample cart. Doesn't matter to me who gets to keep the cart cuz I'm not going to buy another Super Famicom/Nintendo to play it.  The rom will suffice for me.  XD Too bad there's no detail next to the other betas to note differences.  :(

I know who you're talking about with these protos, he's the one I got the X6 Proto from. Nobody would be getting any carts (unless he changed his mind). He just wants the money to dump and release them.
Did he really come down to $3000 to release them all? Originally he had these prices listed:

NES
Mega Man 2 - $850
Mega Man 3 - $700
Mega Man 4 - $750
Mega Man 5 - $750

SNES
Mega Man 7 - $750
Mega Man Soccer (early, no gameplay) - $250
Rockman X3 (early version, says Sample on the title screen) - $1000

Game Gear
Mega Man - $750

Game Boy
Rockman World (in English with NOA info on title screen) - $750
Mega Man II - $750
Mega Man III - ? -wasn't on his 2009 list
Mega Man V - ? -wasn't on his 2009 list

GBA
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (debug version) - $400

For all of that it came to nearly $8000. If he has come down that much I'd definitely be more interested in working with a fundraiser to get them dumped. Even if we didn't reach a goal of $3000 I'm sure we could get some of them dumped.

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Teancum

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Wow just for dumping them? Hoarders are ridiculous. When Degamer (Henger83 whatever) brought it up I thought some one was selling proto carts and I would love to participate in buying proto carts. But damn those prices skaarg listed for dumping them are just plain ridiculous. Hoarders are freaking ridiculous especially when it comes to beta/protos.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Wow just for dumping them? Hoarders are ridiculous. When Degamer (Henger83 whatever) brought it up I thought some one was selling proto carts and I would love to participate in buying proto carts. But damn those prices skaarg listed for dumping them are just plain ridiculous. Hoarders are freaking ridiculous especially when it comes to beta/protos.

It makes sense though. Protoyypes are rare, because people DON'T have them. If they were to be dumped and distributed, their value would plummet and no one would care to own them. It's really a smart move, because the demand will be high enough eventually. Until then hes enjoying it and you aren't so no skin off his ass.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Teancum

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
I doubt the value would plummet. Just because most people willing to pay those high prices for rare games/protos want the originals. Most people that just use roms or are happy with repros don't think to them selves that they are going to pay $200+ for a proto. Although I do agree that he can probably care less if we ever end up with it. I hope he's at least made a personal backup for himself since I've heard plenty of stories from hoarders that refused to dump their disc/cart only to lose it or have it ruined/worn out somehow and become totally useless. I guess the thing is for me is when I seek out stuff like this I like to share it for all to enjoy and like finding others that do the same.

EDIT: Also I still don't know where this guys post thread is so I don't want to be quick to judge him I'm just going off of what skaarg said.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
From my experience with DreamTR he is very nice and many people say he typically has fair prices. Which is definitely true for his disc based games. The X6 proto was bought for only $50, which I feel if anyone had checked the contents, it probably would have gone for more. I think cartridge games in general tend to be higher due to the fact there is a bit more work into preserving them and then the cost of dumping them is higher compared to a CD that can be popped into any computer.

As for the thing on hoarders, I used to hate them, but then I changed my mind a few years ago. The bottom line is nobody deserves the data, and technically nobody should have it. If something gets released I say be grateful for that. If a person pays money for (usually) stolen property they can do whatever they want with it.

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Teancum

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Is there a thread or something of his you can link me too?

I guess i just get annoyed since many of these people would consider them selves hard core collectors that would be appalled at things like downloading roms but then find no qualms with charging money for a proto dump. Note I don't know anything about DreamTR specifically so I'm not trying to bag on him I just know that many people seem to have a double standard when it comes to these things.

EDIT: Found this (Google is my friend) http://forums.hidden-palace.org/viewtopic.php?t=2815&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=fb31bcc2ced78247e664336b87337582

It sounds like from what I can tell Drx is offering to buy the carts and dump them. I imagine that it would be possible to deal with DreamTR directly and purchase them. Probably a bit out of my price range though judging from the prices on drx's thread.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
I know who you're talking about with these protos, he's the one I got the X6 Proto from. Nobody would be getting any carts (unless he changed his mind). He just wants the money to dump and release them.
Did he really come down to $3000 to release them all? Originally he had these prices listed:

I talked to him several times and he said specifically it was for the carts, not ROM images (which is what I actually wanted as I sold my NES, SNES, Game Gear along time ago, still have a GBA though) And yep, $3000 for all of them. He also said that it was this much because they were not cheap for him to acquire.

For all of that it came to nearly $8000. If he has come down that much I'd definitely be more interested in working with a fundraiser to get them dumped. Even if we didn't reach a goal of $3000 I'm sure we could get some of them dumped.

I'm all for it.  owob
It would be so easy if each RM/MM fan donated one dollar. Nobody pockets would take a hit that way. One can wish right?  óVó  After all, there are a ton of us.  :P

Wow just for dumping them? Hoarders are ridiculous. When Degamer (Henger83 whatever) brought it up I thought some one was selling proto carts and I would love to participate in buying proto carts.

I'm not to fond of hoarders either.  >_<

When Degamer (Henger83 whatever) brought it up

Hey, I don't want the name change. Change it back to DeGamer please.  :P

It makes sense though. Protoyypes are rare, because people DON'T have them. If they were to be dumped and distributed, their value would plummet and no one would care to own them. It's really a smart move, because the demand will be high enough eventually. Until then hes enjoying it and you aren't so no skin off his ass.

The problem with prototypes/betas is the person who has them. Sometimes they do pay to get them and some times not. And if they are willing to share, it's usually for a price or a trade (This was the reason for me not getting them Rockman World prototype for the GB). Look at the Rockman 8 beta. The person who had it paid nothing for it and I asked him for a copy and looked what happened  8)

I doubt the value would plummet. Just because most people willing to pay those high prices for rare games/protos want the originals. Most people that just use roms or are happy with repros don't think to them selves that they are going to pay $200+ for a proto.

The value would only still be there for collectors wanting originals. And yeah most casual gamers could careless about betas/prototypes. Sometimes people pay money just for bragging. Look at the gold cart of Rockman 4, they're expensive, bot easy to come by and there's only a few of them ever made, but the game content is the same as the final. Why pay so much money for a different casing?

Although I do agree that he can probably care less if we ever end up with it. I hope he's at least made a personal backup for himself since I've heard plenty of stories from hoarders that refused to dump their disc/cart only to lose it or have it ruined/worn out somehow and become totally useless.

Some people don't care if others get it or not. Then there's people who do have such things and don't want anyone to have it despite knowing that many others would want it. I knew a person that had a very rare Resident Evil protoype only to lose it because he didn't make a back up.  -AC

I guess the thing is for me is when I seek out stuff like this I like to share it for all to enjoy and like finding others that do the same.

Same here  :)

From my experience with DreamTR he is very nice and many people say he typically has fair prices. Which is definitely true for his disc based games. The X6 proto was bought for only $50, which I feel if anyone had checked the contents, it probably would have gone for more. I think cartridge games in general tend to be higher due to the fact there is a bit more work into preserving them and then the cost of dumping them is higher compared to a CD that can be popped into any computer.

I've also heard the same. Damn $50 for X6? I would have bought that right away.  ANd yeah, that's the unfortunate part about carts (epecially for older systems) which is why I wanted to buy the ROM images initially instead as I wouldn't have any way to dump them (except for GBA) and then I'd be the only one to have the game and that would make me the hoarder.  :P

As for the thing on hoarders, I used to hate them, but then I changed my mind a few years ago. The bottom line is nobody deserves the data, and technically nobody should have it. If something gets released I say be grateful for that. If a person pays money for (usually) stolen property they can do whatever they want with it.

Well, you're absolutely right about not supposed to be having them, but if I can buy them then why not?
As for hoarders, it really depends on the person. Some people hoard stuff so that it will have more value among collectors, which I can understand. Some other hoard stuff JUST BECAUSE they know other people want it and they don't want those people to have it (I guess it gives them a sense of control) and they like watching people reactions in not being able to obtain what they have. And some hoard for attention. Those last two are  o//////o

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Ishida Akira as Juno laughing like a maniac at the GAME OVER screen?
FFFFFF-
BEAM ME UP THAT SAMPLE HERE, SCOTTY! I SO WANT TO HAVE IT!
Could you do that, please? I could extract them alone, but then finding this would be a nightmare. D :

Awesome stuff, man. I think I once found some of those Legends ones when I was just starting my adventure into extracting stuff from games, namely the GEEMU OVAA from servbots. Can't remember if anything else.

: P

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Ishida Akira as Juno laughing like a maniac at the GAME OVER screen?
FFFFFF-
BEAM ME UP THAT SAMPLE HERE, SCOTTY! I SO WANT TO HAVE IT!
Could you do that, please? I could extract them alone, but then finding this would be a nightmare. D :

Awesome stuff, man. I think I once found some of those Legends ones when I was just starting my adventure into extracting stuff from games, namely the GEEMU OVAA from servbots. Can't remember if anything else.

: P
Here is, what apparently is, the entire sound source for Mega Man Legends 1.

Also, herrrrrrrrre's JUNO!

Enjoy. =)