Axl Prototype Art Request

Trang · 5702

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: March 23, 2009, 06:20:21 AM
So...
I had this pic of two (I think) old Axl prototypes but I can't find them anymore around.
Does anyone have it and could share please?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:07:25 PM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:28:52 PM
I should just post this in the proper thread, but I guess I might as well put it where you can see it. These concepts that were in R20, by chance?:

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:33:05 PM
Thank you very much, I didn't know about the art request thread O.o'

Do you own a R20 book, Miyabi? BTW, if there's a good R20 gallery I'd love to have a link.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 11:26:17 PM
Welcome.
You do now.
Yes I do.
Yes there is.

I've posted many times in that thread with a link to a page or two at dokuganryu. I just saw that they are back up again, so you can save them page by page there. I also posted a zipped Megaupload link of their scans there too, as they take certain books down from time to time. To repeat: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22HY8GEO, password is ACID. But their scans do not cover the ENTIRE book. Just most of it. And what's missing isn't super rare (ie, you can find it at TMMN) or has been scanned by me somewhat already in the R20 thread.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:53:27 PM
I owe you.

BTW two more questions:
1- see Art Request Thread for a very old pic of X that I wanna know if it's included on R20
2- aren't there artworks of the different Vile weapons from IHX?

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 11:57:34 PM
YOU ALL OWE ME!! MWAHAHAHAhaha*coughcoughHACK* 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 12:14:25 AM

You are the symbol of hope this town needs!  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 01:08:16 AM
Yes we do. We do indeed.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 01:13:15 AM
BTW two more questions:
1- see Art Request Thread for a very old pic of X that I wanna know if it's included on R20
2- aren't there artworks of the different Vile weapons from IHX?
3- Where's this strange Roll from?
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-02/mm-megaman-roll1.html
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-02/mm-megaman-roll2.html
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-02/mm-megaman-roll3.html
I can only assume you mean my first post on page 6, the art which is from X5's intro. Since you didn't quote which one, I wasn't sure. As long as that's the one you mean, no. In that post I said the image is unfortunately not in R20, one of the few from the X5 intro not in there. What was posted in that thread is the biggest rip anybody has come across, as far as we all know.

As for IHX Vile artwork, what dokuganryu scanned is it. Vile has a concept sketch on pg. 324's bottom right, with some detail on his backpack and shoulder cannon. Other than that, his three official art pieces are on pg. 195. No other artwork for IHX Vile. Just those two pages. No stuff showing his various weapons in use.

In regards to Roll, I can't say for sure what those images were originally drawn for, since I can't translate Japanese. The only thing I get out of it is they were going for a '50's look. I know I first saw them in the Capcom Design Works artbook years ago, but I honestly don't recall reading about their origins. Or if I did, I've just forgotten. -u-'

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 01:59:42 AM
I do not trust that popsicle to stay in her mouth for the whole ride.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 03:21:47 PM
Hey Miyabi, I got a question. How do you scan the book? I have the R20 Book and I thought I want to scan it but... I don't know how to but you already scan it anyway... >_>

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 12:51:37 AM
With a scanner, silly. 8D And also, very carefully.

The problem with a book like R20 is both it's size and how willing you are to bend it. Me personally, I don't have a problem flexing the book open naturally, but I don't want to bend it back so hard that the pages get ruined. So my scans aren't anywhere near flawless. You'd have to gut the book from it's spine to do that. I can lift the lid off of my scanner all together, so with R20 I made sure it was off. With it's size, I can barely fit a whole page within the dimensions of my scanner.

If you look at one of my R20 scans like this one:

you can see that I obviously can't get the left hand side flat because I'm not folding the book back too hard. That's why there's some shadow there and not all of the characters make it in nicely. Not ideal, but best I could do all things considered. I made sure to hold that side of the book as steady as could be flush down on the scanner, while balancing the other part that I wasn't scanning in my other hand. Trying to balance the book so that it wouldn't slip or bend back any more than necessary. That way I'm not giving it any unnatural damage.

If you're not disassembling your copy, like the dokuganryu people did, that's about the only way I can explain how to do it without ruining it. Hope that answers your question.

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 03:07:42 AM
Thank you very much for the link dude...
Only one note:
There are two pages I couldn't find on dokuganryu's scan.
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r20backs7bls5.jpg
And another one from X4...