Protodude's Ramblings #6

Protodude · 6943

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:54 PM
Very slow news week but news nonetheless. Hopefully, we'll get some big news to end the drought one of these days:

GameStop Tentatively Dates Mega Man Star Force 3
Although Capcom USA have yet to announce an official release date, GameStop's online listings indicate that Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace and Red Joker are slated for a June 9th, 2009 release in North America.

This should come as great news for those of you eagerly awaiting the third (and possibly final) iteration in the Star Force series. Bear in mind, this date could change upon Capcom's whim, so take this with a grain of salt for now.

Capcom PS1 Titles Heading To PlayStation Network
The North America PlayStation Store is in dire need of some classic PS1 downloads. Thankfully, Capcom USA is stepping up to the plate to address this need.

Our go-to guy for all things PR, Christian Svensson, confirmed that Capcom recently submitted the first batch of PS1 games to Sony for an eventually PSN release.

"The first PS1 titles for PSN were submitted last week... when I have some dates for them, we'll let you know what and when is going to happen. :) "

Hopefully this means we'll see some Mega Man Legends love sooner or later. What better way to test the demand for MML3?

Google To Bring Iconic Game Characters To Life
Not literally of course, at least I think so.

According to Kotaku editor AJ, Google Inc., plans on announcing a slew of new personalized iGoogle themes based off of popular video game characters. The themes are said to "bring the gaming industry's most iconic characters to life and allow you to ride through their adventures."

Who will appear on the themes? Google's not talking, but you can bet your bottom dollar we'll be seeing the likes of Mario, Sonic, Link and maybe even Mega Man.

The themes will be officially revealed during Google next conference on March 25th, 2009.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 12:37:47 AM
You sure do ramble a lot, PB.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:55:23 AM
That's protodude, not pb...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:29 AM
You sure do ramble a lot, PD.
fix'd

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 02:25:47 AM
You sure do ramble a lot, PB.
Once a week!  :V

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 03:35:05 PM
That's protodude, not pb...

Right, sorry.  I get the usernames mixed up from time to time.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 08:36:14 PM
Very slow news week but news nonetheless. Hopefully, we'll get some big news to end the drought one of these days:

I hear ya...no new Rockman release yet, and nothing of interest from the likes of Nintendo Dream, CoroCoro, or even "TheShadow"...

What will it take, for us to at least have something to salivate over for the next few months?  -u-'

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:38:21 AM
A miracle? >_>

The Other Side

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:29 AM
I still want ZX3.

Is Inti really gonna give us a cliffhanger like that? ZX3 could be released by now, do you even realize that?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 02:56:06 AM
I still want ZX3.

Is Inti really gonna give us a cliffhanger like that? ZX3 could be released by now, do you even realize that?

Yep. But on the other hand, if it was just going to be another game like ZXA (which I thought was flawed in a number of ways), then perhaps it was for the best to let it rest for a while.

If not ZX3 proper, I could just as well go for a nice side-story, of some sort.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 04:33:05 AM
I hear ya...no new Rockman release yet, and nothing of interest from the likes of Nintendo Dream, CoroCoro, or even "TheShadow"...

What will it take, for us to at least have something to salivate over for the next few months?  -u-'

Just spoke with the Shadow, he's got nothing for us at the moment. Notably, he has no idea what Capcom of Japan is cooking with that Coro Coro contest...

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 03:34:24 PM
ZX3 could be released by now, do you even realize that?

Remember the days when we got a Zero/ZX game every April, the days when March was full of hype, full of speculation? The days when people eagerly awaited Coro Coro scans? ;_;

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 04:23:23 PM
Hey, remember when RPM posted this scan? ^^

And these were leaked on RPM earlier than other sites. D:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 11:35:56 PM
Just spoke with the Shadow, he's got nothing for us at the moment. Notably, he has no idea what Capcom of Japan is cooking with that Coro Coro contest...

Well, that much is understandable. Whatever CoJ is cooking up, they likely want to make sure no leaks get out before they're damn well ready. Even if he did know something, it wouldn't behoove to try and leak.

Still... :|

I can only hope that whatever they do, will be something that will make us all (or at least 80% of us) happy.

Hey, remember when RPM posted this scan? ^^

And these were leaked on RPM earlier than other sites. D:

Oh, yeah....! ^_^ I even remember how Zan (or at least, I thought it was Zan...) thought that this was possibly a fake scan, due to the sprites being possibly edits, over at another board...MegaMan Network, I think.

In fact, those pics were how I eventually found this place, no less, years ago! Ahhh....memories.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 10:07:04 PM
Looks like Google made MegaMan themes after all, they are pretty neat looking. And they also seem to be based on MM9.