Protodude · 9569

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: March 07, 2009, 07:10:58 PM
Another week, another set of news stories:

Jazwares Unveils New Mega Man Line Up
Action-Figure.com brings us our first look at Jazware's new line of Mega Man toys featured at Toy Fair 2009.

The figures are a part of Jazware's upcoming "urban vinyl" lineup, joining the ranks of Astro Boy and Sonic the Hedgehog pieces. Standing at 3.75 inches, the current line consists of Mega Man, Proto Man, and Elec Man. No information regarding release dates or pricing just yet. Check out more pics here.

How Much Is Wily's Castle Worth?
Now this is fun: Real Estate experts from Coldwell Banker and RE/MAX Allegiance have gone on to price range a number of fictional video game castles including but not limited to Wily's. How pricey is it?

"BB: This well-guarded property looks neat and is one of the most modern high-tech castles around. It’s perfect for a mad scientist, especially since you can maneuver around via teleporters. However, this castle is unfurnished and not for everyone, considering there are no bathrooms, no bedrooms, no kitchens, and every room can kill you.
Estimated Value: 800,000 gold coins

SECOND OPINION
DM: This castle possesses a clinical feel fit for the unabashed mad scientist. Rooms feel very one dimensional and absolutely no sunlight to warm the cold décor, however it does keep the neighbors away. Those wishing to exile themselves to work in fringe science should pursue.
Estimated Value: 450,000 gold coins"

Cursed economy...

The Official Word On Powered Up 2

Regardless of Powered Up's initial sales performance, my hopes for a sequel run high: re-releases in Japan were quite successful, warranting a "Best Price! edition" while Mega Man 9 proved there's still an interest in the classic series between fans and non fans. Indeed, it would seem a Powered Up 2 would be inevitable, right? Not quite.

In response to my inquiry, Christian Svensson, Capcom's VP of Strategic Marketing and Buisness Development, had this to say:

"As far as the potential for a PU2, anything is possible, but not likely anytime soon."

Bah, humbug. Well, here's hoping for the next best thing from the classic series: Mega Man 10.

Viz Media To Stream NT Warrior/Star Force Online?

Rumor has it that at Viz Media's Wondercon panel, the company confirmed plans to stream full length episodes of Mega Man NT Warrior and Mega Man Star Force online in the near future:
"Just got back from Wondercon, my last stop was at Viz's booth were they talked adding an assortment of licensed anime to Cartoon Network video such as Naruto, MAR, and suprise...Megaman Nt Warrior/ Star force! An official annoucnement is suppose to be coming soon, they didnt specify a date when the video service would launch." -- 102b

Sounds likely, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:43:39 AM
Cute Megaman... figure! I want one! 8)

And that's expensive for a castle!

And here's to PU2 and, hopefuly, MHX2! Also it's been a while since the hosted Megaman Starforce on Toonami Jetstream.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 06:18:46 AM
That is a rather cool looking Megaman, and Protoman... 8D

And...
*starts saving up for a castle*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 07:07:05 AM
Look in the background of the unboxed Protoman figure.  That's a Retro Roto Megaman on the card.  If Jazwares is pushing Retro Roto at toyfair that's a good indicator that they might be bringing the line back.  Could this mean we'll finally get wave 2 with Wood Man, Iceman and the rest?

AntiBunny

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 07:26:49 AM
Probably not. They had Series 1 Retro Rotos in the background when they showed Series 2 at the Toy Fair last time. I believe it's more for show of what they have produced in the past, or how it connects to the new line, rather than any indication that Series 2 will ever see the light of day. If it was, well, they would have had Series 2 stuff there again.  :\

As far as these new figures, in some respects it's a cool OVA-ish feel to the design. Kinda cute. But on the other hand, they are also kinda ugly, odd, homemade-looking blow up balloons. I'll still probably grab Mega and Proto (and hope somebody else besides Elec surfaces). But they would have gained more points with a more Powered Up art style for what they are. And a ton more points if it was a unique and detailed line of figures featuring characters like, oh, I dunno, the MM9 crew. Oh well, it's something new. 8)

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 07:05:58 PM
Those Vinylman figures (as I'm calling them now) were a surprise, to say the least. But it's nice to see that Jazwares is trying something new.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 05:49:47 AM
I thought there was something odd about that my nearest arcade had those big MegaMan plushies laying around in those grabber/catcher games. Seems like they're starting megaman toy businesses again. :D

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 11:17:09 AM
Does it mean Capcom create Megaman 2 Powered Up?

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 06:14:16 PM
No, it means they create Megaman Megaman Megaman.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 02:56:01 AM
I don't know whether that figure is adorable or horrifying.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 04:20:56 AM
I don't know whether that figure is adorable or horrifying.

It's Adorifying!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 03:40:37 PM
I thought there was something odd about that my nearest arcade had those big MegaMan plushies laying around in those grabber/catcher games. Seems like they're starting megaman toy businesses again. :D

Would you by any chance have pics of said... PLUSHIES!?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.