• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: February 24, 2009, 11:38:00 PM
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:44:33 AM by Hiroki »

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:55:34 PM
On the inevitable VA replacement for X: Capcom could always track down Ian James Corlett. He has a fairly wide range, and fits Megaman's character very well.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 12:09:32 AM
I agree with all of those, except Sigma.

I really liked the X4 Sigma. X8/IHX were good, too, but X4 Sigma really captures the madman, both from Sigma and the Virus (though I'm not even sure that it's Wily's creation, anymore, still, it fits).

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 01:09:36 AM
I agree with all of those, except Sigma.

I really liked the X4 Sigma. X8/IHX were good, too, but X4 Sigma really captures the madman, both from Sigma and the Virus (though I'm not even sure that it's Wily's creation, anymore, still, it fits).
I gotta go with hoshikawa on Sigma's VA.  The X8/IHX was right on the money.  X4's Sigma was way too raspy, which might fit a stark, raving evil Sigma, but not Sigma as commander of the Maverick Hunters.  Not a fan of throat-cancer Sigma.  It doesn't work for the character and the Japanese voice always sounded more deep and bassy than raspy and thin.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 03:52:26 AM
On the inevitable VA replacement for X: Capcom could always track down Ian James Corlett. He has a fairly wide range, and fits Megaman's character very well.

eh. he'd be alright, but there'd be something missing too. and we probably wouldn't be able to watch without thinking "I HOPE MY BODY CAN TAKE IT."

concerning Sigma, i think both X4 and X8 were good. his X7 voice wasn't bad either, actually. but something felt missing from the person who voiced him in MHX, who was not the same as in X8.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 06:23:58 AM
For Sigma, I prefer X4 "throat cancer" sigma. yknow, he can do a little girl voice too.
anyway, I didnt like his X8 and IHX VA's... the voice was fitting, but the acting was somewhat missing. there wasnt enough emotion put into it. especially X8.

and for Zero, for the record, I liked his X7 VA. Lucas does a great job portraying Zello, but X7's Zero actually reminded me of his deep voiced Japanese counterpart. I think thats what Capcom was trying for actually.

for X...
inb4 Mega X's X VA. 8D
yeah, ian could probably do a good job. also, if they EVER use Vile again, they NEED to get his VA from the Mega X episode. that was probably the BEST Voice ive ever heard that fits him SO well.

wait... ohhhhh... god... I just had a horrible thought...
remember Sonic the hedgehog...? when Eggman's VA died?...
imagine if they... hired 4kids for Voice acting!?
OH MY GOD DAN GREEN SIGMA OR DAN GREEN ZERO!...
OH NO...
*hides under the pillows shivering*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 06:33:59 AM
For Sigma, I prefer X4 "throat cancer" sigma. yknow, he can do a little girl voice too.
anyway, I didnt like his X8 and IHX VA's... the voice was fitting, but the acting was somewhat missing. there wasnt enough emotion put into it. especially X8.

At least X8 Sigma catches a break; remember, that Sigma is just Lumine's puppet.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:05 AM
so!? what does that have to do with the voice acting?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 08:13:10 AM
imagine if they... hired 4kids for Voice acting!?
OH MY GOD DAN GREEN SIGMA OR DAN GREEN ZERO!...

Well, hey, if they already
made Zero sound like Yami Yugi
once, why not do it again?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 08:21:33 AM
they NEVER made him sound like Dan Green. NOONE can match Dan Green's Voice. >_>;
I fail to see how he sounds like yami in X7. he just has a deep voice. it doesnt mean everyone with a deep voice sounds like yami...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 03:20:10 PM
HEY HEY HEY

HEY

Don't leave X6 Sigma out.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 03:38:18 PM
we're talking english VA's.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 03:51:22 PM
Oh yeah, his wasn't translated...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 04:33:35 PM
and for Zero, for the record, I liked his X7 VA. Lucas does a great job portraying Zello, but X7's Zero actually reminded me of his deep voiced Japanese counterpart. I think thats what Capcom was trying for actually.

well, they went too deep, then. the X7 VA sounded like a David Hayter impersonator. and couldn't act for [parasitic bomb].

also, if they EVER use Vile again, they NEED to get his VA from the Mega X episode. that was probably the BEST Voice ive ever heard that fits him SO well.

there's nothing wrong with X8/MHX's VA. that cackle is so sexy.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 08:08:24 PM
If you don't think MMX8's Sigma's acting is totally epic, there's something wrong with you.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 12:36:03 AM
Personally, I'm just tired of "epic" as an adjective.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 02:53:43 AM
If you don't think MMX8's Sigma's acting is totally epic, there's something wrong with you.
Oh no, theres many things wrong with me actually.
meh... he was good, but Im not quite sure what it was... there was this something which i didnt like about him... its not like the acting wasnt good, but something felt missing...

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 03:42:28 PM
there's nothing wrong with X8/MHX's VA. that cackle is so sexy.
Nothing wrong with it, but the Mega X Vile had an awesome, cold, psychotic-ness to him.  The X8/MHX VA is good, but too... looking for a word here... perky.  I'm not sure that Vile should be like that.

Back to X4 Sigma, I don't really think he had any acting merit either.  Aside from being a throat-cancer victim both pre and post-infection, he also sounded evil before his fight with Zero.  I dunno, just doesn't sell to me.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 02:34:00 AM
plus, mono eye.