He's an ass.  Also wise!

LOOK OUT!  Here comes da Spider-Greg!

Is he hot?  Listen bud!
He's got sexcellent spider blood.
Can he swing? Yes he can!
Plus his skin's always tan.

HEY THERE!  There goes da Spider-Greg!

On a silly night, on the RPM Board.
He might build himself, a bad-ass SpiderZord!

Spider-Greg?  SPIDER-GREG!
Naughty Sexcellent Spider-Greg!
Wealth & Fame? He's got that!
He likes boobs big and flat.

TO HIM.  Mango Lemonade's the [parasitic bomb]!  Wherever there's some nice tits!  You'll find the SPIDER-GREG! ♪

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, and now that I have some free time, allow me, Protoman Blues, to share with you the great joy and experience I had during the New York Comic Con of 2009.  So, without further delay, let us begin!

FABULOUS Secret Powers were revealed to me the day I held...actually, I'm not quite sure why they decided on a giant Faker instead of He-Man himself.  However, I don't run these things.  What sucks is that later on, I found out that the Mattel Booth was giving out free Blow-Up Power Swords.  Alas, I was too late to get one!   :( 

However, onto cheerier stuff.  Look who was there to greet-a me at the entrance...

I wanted to ask about maybe giving his Final Smash a little more power to it, but there was much more Comic Con to go and much more to see.

Flux Capacitor...Fluxing!  You know, it's probably a good thing I don't have a lot of money, cause my house would be littered with ALL this kinda stuff.  Anyway, enough pictures.  Let's move onto some goodies.

If you read in the other topics, I had a brief chance to play Sonic & The Black Knight, Madworld, and The Conduit at Sega's booth.  I wasn't all that impressed with S&TBK, however The Conduit was awesome, and Madworld was fuckawesome!  S&TBK shall be rented via the Ninja Lou method before I decide whether or not to buy it.  However, Conduit and Madworld are must haves.  Moving on...

Ubisoft was the next stop, as it was right next to Sega's booth.  As you can see, there was nothing I could do about the name.  Once it's bannered up, it's pretty much a done deal.  Sadly, Laird was difficult to find, so alas, I have failed.  However, I did try to talk to some Ubisoft people, and they agreed with me that Cowabrawla would've been a much better Smash rip-off name!  Also, Turtles in MotherFuckin Time.  This was one of two Arcade Machines there. 

Speaking of Arcade, Gabe & Tycho from Penny Arcade joined our NY Jamboree this year.  They are both very nice.  They told me the East Coast PAX is going to be pretty much exactly like West Coast PAX, with concerts, lots of gaming & classic gaming rooms, and all the things that make PAX awesome.  Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to East Coast PAX, as it should cost me SIGNIFICANTLY less to drive/train/$10 Chinatown Bus it up to Boston for the weekend, as oppose to a 6 hour Flight.  Since they had a special deal going on, Book + Shirt = $30, I decided to spendity spend some cashity cash.  I bought their 5th book, The Case Of The Mummy's Gold, along with this shirt...

<3 this shirt.  Also, I brought my sketch pad with me, and Gabe was nice enough to sketch Gabe for me for free...

Again, really awesome guys.  But there was still more Comic Con to go, so onward to adventure!

I actually forgot that the Ghostbusters game was going to be demoed here, but luckily I found it, and I got a chance to play both the Wii Version and the PS3 version.  Honestly, I thought the game was pretty awesome on both systems.  The PS3 version offers better visuals and according to the guy there, a more comprehensive story.  However, the Wii version had better controls that were more fun.  Gotta say, motion controlled Traps are bad-ass!  However, whichever system you get it for, it should be a blast!

LLLLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Ready 2 Rumble Revolution was also being demoed at the Comic Con.  Sadly, I did not get a chance to play this, but the people who were playing it looked like they were having a lot of fun.  Some even dared to say that the game was awesome.  LoL, how about that!  Well, that pretty much does it for games, cept for a surprise at the end.  Now, onto more pics and comic book related stuff (some of you are skipping ahead, I know it. :P )

Zombie Invasion.  Luckily, they were after nice fat juicy chess-club brains!

PB & The 6th Doctor!

Now onto the DC Booth.  Watchmen is probably my most anticipated movie of the year.  I really really cannot wait to see it.  They had a panel on Saturday for the Watchmen movie where they showed 18 minutes of the film.  The crowd erupted in cheers and anticipation, as basically the script was practically line for line from the book itself, which is good.  Also, again those movie props are a perfect example of why it's a good thing I don't have a lot of money!   8D

I've always loved that Justice League drawing.  I was hoping one day, one of the many talented RPM artists could use that Justice League drawing as a basis to do an RPM Character drawing like that.  As for the 2nd pic, this is for DC's next big event coming out which I cannot wait for called The Blackest Night.  Green Lantern is my favorite comic right now, and I am looking forward to this very much.  Well, lets move from DC to Marvel.

Not much going on at the Marvel booth that I cared about, however, look who I bumped into?  Mr. Joe "With Great Power comes NO Responsibility" Quesada himself.  As you can see by the photos, I kinda wanted to punch him in the face for what he did to Spider-Man.  Alas, I didn't, as I like going to the Comic Con and he probably has Radioactive Banning Blood.

Honestly, this picture doesn't do her justice.  She had such an awesome costume, and fantastic cleavage as well.

I thought these two costumes were awesome.  Especially the original Kyle Rayner GL costume which I was always fond of.  I found out that the girl dressed up as the Huntress is the one who made the costumes.  She did a really good job on them.

This is a sketch of The Flash, Wally West to be exact, that Todd Nauck did for me, in about 15 minutes.  I have always been a fan of Todd Nauck's work ever since his days on Young Justice, one of my favorite Comics from back in the day.  I had a nice talk about Young Justice and Bart Allen (Kid Flash) with a girl in line in front of me.  She got herself an Impulse sketch which looked awesome.  If you want to see more of his art, you can check out his DA page.

Well, that about wraps it up for me.  Oh, except for the surprise game I found on my way out the door...

That's right.  DRAGONBALL EVOLUTIONS FOR THE PSP!  LoL, [tornado fang] YEAH.  Naturally, I had to try it out.  Oh man, what can I say.  It's similar to Budokai, except the energy attacks seemed to be....well missing.  Perhaps I was simply doing it wrong, or maybe it wasn't unlocked yet, or it could just be the possibility that the game sucks inert Dragonballs!  Either way, if your dream is to have a portable DB Movie based Budokai game with NO energy attacks, then this is definitely the game for you!

LoL, for those of you who actually took the time to read through all of this, thanx.  I hope you enjoyed this.  For me, this was the best Comic Con ever.  I managed to get a free 3-Day Ticket to the Comic Con because Activision was at my Comic Book shop on Thursday asking people to come debate about Marvel stuff, and if I agreed to do it, they would give me a free 3-Day pass.  Anyway, so when I show up to debate with them on Sunday, they had no need for me, which was GREAT, cause I usually hate debating Comic Book Nerds.  So, I got a free 3-Day Pass ($50 ticket) for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

BEST. COMIC. CON. EVER.   8)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 01:42:30 PM
I HATE you PB... 8D

Serioiusly, man, you had a great haul, plus all those people, and stuff, and games... and nerdom... ;_;

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 02:50:55 PM
....Whoaaaaaa!

That's basically nerdgasm, you even got Gabe's drawing, that's mega awesome! 8D

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:33 PM
i hate you ;-;

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:04:19 PM
Looks like you had a ~FABULOUS~ time.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 08:05:13 PM
i am still pissed i couldn't go.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 08:05:46 PM
Better than being go because you couldn't [acid burst].

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 08:15:38 PM
i hate you ;-;

I get that a lot!   8D

Looks like you had a ~FABULOUS~ time.

*with a lisp* Oh honey, it twas WONDERful!

i am still pissed i couldn't go.

There's always next year.

Better than being go because you couldn't [acid burst].

You are a wise man!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 08:17:52 PM
Damn, that looks like it was [tornado fang]ing awesome D:

Either way, if your dream is to have a portable DB Movie based Budokai game with NO energy attacks, then this is definitely the game for you!

On its defense, it wasn't until DBZ were they started spamming those energy beam things IIRC...yeah, I can't believe I just defended it either.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 08:36:12 PM
Hm... You have sexperienced some awesome stuff. However, before I can enjoy these games, I have to get enough money. And until that happens I have to wait more than a year. It sucks if you have to spend more and more money into the household of the family. Sometimes I wish the consoles and the games wouldn´t cost that much.  >_<

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 09:17:58 PM
This Comic Con seemed to be quite a bigger deal than any of the others before it, didn't it PB? Also, I've gotta say, it's great to hear that you had such a great time there. 8)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 09:31:54 PM
The New York Comic Con grows every year, and gets better and better.  They predict that soon, it'll be bigger than the San Diego Comic Con.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 09:32:48 PM
Sonic and the Black Knight.  owo PB. 0v0 I wasn't there with him. ;O;

Home sweet home

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 09:33:48 PM
This Comic Con seemed to be quite a bigger deal than any of the others before it, didn't it PB? Also, I've gotta say, it's great to hear that you had such a great time there. 8)

Well, it's Febuary, and a lot of new things can happen. So yeah, MAJOR big deal. Too bad SEGA could've done a little better with Black Knight though, but I haven't played it yet, so experiences can vary. :p

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 09:34:48 PM
The New York Comic Con grows every year, and gets better and better.  They predict that soon, it'll be bigger than the San Diego Comic Con.

It'd be pretty awesome if the east (actually, just NYC 8D) would start getting expos of this caliber more frequently. I'd kill for an E3 or something like that becoming a staple in Manhattan every year or two! 8)

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 09:36:22 PM
Well, it's Febuary, and a lot of new things can happen. So yeah, MAJOR big deal.
Like my 20th B-day!!! 8D

Home sweet home

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 09:49:45 PM
Sonic and the Black Knight.  owo PB. 0v0 I wasn't there with him. ;O;

Awww, you'll have to wander over to NYC sometime, Wanda!  XD

It'd be pretty awesome if the east (actually, just NYC 8D) would start getting expos of this caliber more frequently. I'd kill for an E3 or something like that becoming a staple in Manhattan every year or two! 8)

Well, like I said, East Coast PAX is coming in 2010 up in Boston.  Boston is only a $10-$20 buck Chinatown Bus Ride away.  Plus, NYC has the Comic Con and the growing Anime Festival as well.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 03:44:42 AM
You lucky sonuvabitch.  You got to meet Colin Baker.  He's my second fave Doctor.  Any Daleks hanging around there, or didn't they get passed Customs?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 03:46:13 AM
No one dressed as a Dalek, but plenty of toys at the Doctor Who booth.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 03:50:52 AM
I am still so undeniably jealous. 

Dammit, why is it that everything that's cool has to be out-of-state and cost a kidney and a spleen to attend?!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 04:07:51 AM
As I said, I got lucky.  If I hadn't gotten that free 3-Day Pass, I probably wouldn't have met Colin Baker, cause I would've only gone on Sunday.

I think I'm going to get a 3-Day Pass every year now.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 04:53:54 AM
If even some UBI guys agreed with you on Cowabrawla, who were the marketing "geniuses" who thought up "Smash Up" ANY WAY?!  >_<

Ah well...good that you had a great time, overall.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 05:01:20 AM
LoL, Ben, you have to remember.  These people at the booths are payed to smile, laugh, and actually pay attention to NERDS and our wild and crazy ideas!

Offline Canticleer Blues

• Never enough Blues fans
  • Net Navi
  • Looking beyond the horizon...
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 03:54:59 AM
Nice!  I was also lucky enough to get to go to NYCC.  It was pretty awesome, even though I didn't meet as many cool people (on the whole...) as you did.  Before the next NYCC, someone should make a thread so that all RPM members who'll be going to the 'Con can  have like an unofficial meeting or something.  Did you see that they had one of the Rockman source books for sale there?  I would've bought it, but by that time I had already spent my mony on other cool stuff.  :|