The Great Cateclysm: Silenced Forever?

Waifu · 37882

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: February 10, 2009, 02:38:08 AM
Oh come on, he was just starting to get likeable in X8.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: February 10, 2009, 02:39:54 AM
He still feels out of place to me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: February 10, 2009, 06:31:58 AM
It's not lazy if they find ways to make it fresh each time.  There's still a lot of room to work with in the retro style.  Just look at how many different kinds of games were made for the real NES!

the thing is, they need to learn how to be retro but to not need to rehash. "retro" dosnt mean rehashing 16 year old graphics. its understandable for once or twice, but they need to learn that simply giving it old graphics doesnt make it retro. teres plenty of ways to make it retro and nostalgic without NEEDING to use the NES or SNES graphic styles

also, a lot of people would prefer a game they can actually hold in their hands as opposed to a "digital" game that can very easily lost with  system crash or a broken system. I for one feel that way anyway. also, if its a DLable game, that also limits the quality and depth it can have. your not going to find a game like MGS4 on the Xbox marketplace. nor will you ever. however, something "simple" like an NES game, youll find plenty of.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:34 AM
that also limits the quality and depth it can have.

...Exactly what quantity or depth are you looking for from a MegaMan game?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: February 10, 2009, 06:40:18 AM
. also, if its a DLable game, that also limits the quality and depth it can have. your not going to find a game like MGS4 on the Xbox marketplace. nor will you ever. however, something "simple" like an NES game, youll find plenty of.

Of course you'll never find MGS4 in the Xbox Marketplace, its a PS3 exclusive :P
Besides, I assure you you'll find MGS4 in the Playstation Network in a couple of console generations, it's just a matter of time and we all know it.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: February 10, 2009, 06:47:36 AM
...Exactly what quantity or depth are you looking for from a MegaMan game?
well, I wouldnt expect to find Command mission there either. and X8 is a maybe.

Of course you'll never find MGS4 in the Xbox Marketplace, its a PS3 exclusive :P
Besides, I assure you you'll find MGS4 in the Playstation Network in a couple of console generations, it's just a matter of time and we all know it.
you get my point though. and were not talking about future console generations. they dont count. im discussing the CURRENT consoles.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: February 10, 2009, 05:54:08 PM
If Inafune's involved, Axl won't even -be- there.

Inafune was involved with ZXA with takes a million and one concepts from Axl's storyline, to the point it won't work unless those games happened. Furthermore, Inafune has had influence on Axl's design, and he expressed interest in Axl, but he said he would personally handled him differently.

The only reason Axl would ever be excluded if a game was made that occurred chronologically before X7.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: February 10, 2009, 07:57:29 PM
What would have happen if the InafKing had his hand on Axl?

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: February 10, 2009, 08:44:51 PM
What would have happen if the InafKing had his hand on Axl?
I donĀ“t know, but I would have liked to see him in the Zero series as the deuteragonist and playable character. Inti Creatives, why haven`t you give Axl the attention which he deserves.  ;O;

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #84 on: February 14, 2009, 03:18:13 AM
Capcom would never kill Megaman in any sort of permenant way.  They see him as a hero to children everywhere.  It's the same sort of reason why Megaman is never a bad guy (it's always some sort of clone).  I don't think we'll ever see the origional meeting X in any canon way, but I don't think we'll ever hear that MM died.  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't X slated to be the villian in Megaman Zero before Copy X?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: February 14, 2009, 03:26:51 AM
thats not Capcom. thats Inticreates.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #86 on: February 14, 2009, 03:33:24 AM
Well, nevertheless, as I hear it; it was still Inafune's intentions.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: February 14, 2009, 03:47:34 AM
I dont think it was. I know they showed him the concept, but they eventually decided it would be like crushing a  a little kids dreams, so they made Copy-X.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 14, 2009, 05:09:22 AM
That's a good point.  Going back to the prequel series then would be depressing, because you'd think "I know this guy turns into a baddie anyway, so why should I help him fulfill his role in the story?"

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: February 14, 2009, 05:18:20 AM

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #90 on: February 14, 2009, 05:38:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't X slated to be the villian in Megaman Zero before Copy X?
But he wasn't the main villain.  Because MM is a hero to children everywhere. 

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: February 14, 2009, 05:59:54 AM
MegaMan is a friend to all children, just like Gamera!

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #92 on: February 14, 2009, 07:54:24 AM
MegaMan is a friend to all children, just like Gamera!
Yeah, but when you're a teenager ... hooBOY, does he turn a cold shoulder!

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: February 14, 2009, 09:40:51 AM
Megaman and his buddies decided to share the tragic fate of becoming cereal mascots, obviously.

Capcom obviously wouldn't kill them physically, so it had to execute them...spiritually. That's why you don't see them anymore. They're alive and dead at the same time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: February 14, 2009, 10:58:51 AM
Well, nevertheless, as I hear it; it was still Inafune's intentions.

Why did you decide to make X the last boss?

AIZU: The last boss was a very popular topic of discussion, and we visited the Capcom offices many times to try and get a consensus. The descision was produced from these discussions, although it was more of a joke at first. Tsuda just kind of said, "What if we made X the last boss?" to which Inafune responded with, "Sure, why not," and that, as they say, was that. Once we were sure that X was really going to be the last boss, we asked Nakayama to do some drawings to that effect, and the proposal just grew from there. As a note of interest, at this time the last boss X was original X and not Copy X. It really wasn't until just before release that we decided to change it to Copy X.

"Just before release?"

AIZU: ... a month before release? (laughs)
ITO: Yeah, I think that's about right. We realized that having the original X as the last boss and having him done away like that wouldn't sit so well with all the young boys and girls that really do see him as a hero. On top of that, the "X" series was still continuing, so we put in an emergency stop and inserted

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: February 14, 2009, 05:48:57 PM
So intead of having him "done away" like that, they decide to have him "done away" by a [tornado fang]ing whiny little [sonic slicer] having a nervous breakdown because things didn't go as planned, while he had no way to defend himself.  Yeah.  Because that's so much better.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: February 14, 2009, 06:33:36 PM
Yeah! That is just bunch of [parasitic bomb]! If they had ended the X series at X5 or X6, we wouldn't have these plot holes and X would have had his Elysium utopia.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #97 on: February 14, 2009, 10:36:23 PM
I'm not sure I could ever count Elpizo stabbing his vacant body as X dying in any sense except the most technical.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #98 on: February 14, 2009, 11:50:44 PM
Considering X was already disembodied before that, yeah.  He's not really any more dead after the stabbing than he was before.

So intead of having him "done away" like that, they decide to have him "done away" by a [tornado fang]ing whiny little [sonic slicer] having a nervous breakdown because things didn't go as planned, while he had no way to defend himself.  Yeah.  Because that's so much better.
Most here can tell you that I'm not the biggest Elpizo fan.  But frankly, yes, I DO prefer Z2's scenario of having someone stab X's empty shell, as opposed to having Zero kill him.  No matter how much a Zero fanboy I may be, I wouldn't want to see X turn genuinely evil.  The idea of a copy showing us how sick and dangerous he could become if he wasn't careful fills that need just as well without damaging him as a character.

Yeah! That is just bunch of [parasitic bomb]! If they had ended the X series at X5 or X6, we wouldn't have these plot holes and X would have had his Elysium utopia.
Please.  X5 had the worst plothole of them all: Zero died in a FREAKING BOSS EXPLOSION, regardless of proximity I might add.

Yes, Inticreates did the same thing in Z3 with Harpuia and co., but at least they weren't stupid enough to write the game that way originally.  They just had an "Oh, SH*#!" moment while they were developing ZX.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: February 15, 2009, 12:38:57 AM
I'm not sure I could ever count Elpizo stabbing his vacant body as X dying in any sense except the most technical.
true, but it kinda makes it a bit more "concrete" that hes now dead for sure, since now his body is gone as well. before, if his body was ever removed from the seal, Im pretty sure he could still have been re integrated into his body, but now, theres no such hope. plus, the way I see it, his vacant body was his Cyber elf's power source. hence he no longer had an infinite amount of power provided by his body, and faded away in Z3.
also, I must know. when Ciel found Zero in Z1, was he also Disembodied? as the drama tracks make it seem that way.

Most here can tell you that I'm not the biggest Elpizo fan.  But frankly, yes, I DO prefer Z2's scenario of having someone stab X's empty shell, as opposed to having Zero kill him.  No matter how much a Zero fanboy I may be, I wouldn't want to see X turn genuinely evil.  The idea of a copy showing us how sick and dangerous he could become if he wasn't careful fills that need just as well without damaging him as a character.

personally I fond the Elpizo destruction of X's body far more dramatic than dying simply from the unwritten rule that the main character always beats the boss.
plus Copy X is almost like the embodiment of Light's fears of what could become of X if his internal systems wernt tested for such a long time.