Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« Last post by Mr. Haxwell on July 14, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »
<a href="http://youtu.be/9CzkswHHxQI?list=FLvwtwxAkbYDSsBgco4NPlJQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/9CzkswHHxQI?list=FLvwtwxAkbYDSsBgco4NPlJQ</a>
The source code thing was only an issue in recreating the games in color. It shouldn't affect an emulated collection. Said collection would need some extra value beyond the gameboy games, though.

Perhaps that's why they didn't do MMnB at this time?
Gaming / Re: Metaloid:Origin [Move to GMS2 Engine]
« Last post by TGHoly on July 14, 2017, 07:33:25 PM »
Well it's mainly a MM-type of game, but more faster-pace and abilities involved. Kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog speed, but not that fast.

More like what the MM fangame, MM: Corrupted, a bit with it's gameplay style. Except it's not Open World. I'll look for these tutorials to build the ideal Run and Shoot platformer game I want.

So how fun is it to use GMS2 to make your own games?

I'm mostly working on pixel art and didn't touch GMS2 myself, It's fun to design my own game but when you have time and money invole can't deny it made me frustrate some time... make game today isn't so hard but to finish it under scadule and make people reconize your game still tough.

If you want to make game you not alway need to be codder if you have game development relate skill like pixel art , 3D modeling or drawing you can just looking for coder who share your idea to work with you and that's the way I did...

Even If I have enough skill to do everything by my self I still prefer to get people working on some part for me anyway since working on Character Design, Gameplay Design ,World Design , Environment Design, Codding , Level Design, Music , PR , Support just too much... It'll be miracle if I can even make it pass prototype XD.
« Last post by VirusChris on July 14, 2017, 05:59:18 PM »
Well it's mainly a MM-type of game, but more faster-pace and abilities involved. Kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog speed, but not that fast.

More like what the MM fangame, MM: Corrupted, a bit with it's gameplay style. Except it's not Open World. I'll look for these tutorials to build the ideal Run and Shoot platformer game I want.

So how fun is it to use GMS2 to make your own games?
« Last post by TGHoly on July 14, 2017, 07:13:54 AM »
There're several MM fangame that give you open source you can download and study their code if you want to. if you want to make other kind of game  there're ton of tutorial on youtube you can learn.
« Last post by VirusChris on July 14, 2017, 03:03:20 AM »
I see.

I never used GMS before and wanted to know more about it. Seeing as the coder isn't around I wanted to ask what tutorials they looked into to make a project like this, as I want to make a MM-like game as I love the Run and Shoot platformer games.

Thank you for answering my questions.
« Last post by TGHoly on July 14, 2017, 12:10:58 AM »
Hi thank for your interest in our project.

Yeah we make this game on GMS2 compare to GMS1 it's quite impressive, it's allow us compile/save project faster (which pretty annoy us in GMS1 i can say if we took that issue away we can even save 30% time of our developement :p ) and it have alot better Map editor (in GMS1 it simply unusable - - ) and much more new feature we not yet try... since

but since I'm not one who codding (I'm artist) I simply have no idea about how hard it's but if you know how to use previous game maker you should not have any problem to use GMS2 another choice is simply use drag&drop feature programe offer.

We have only 2 people working on the game at moment (1 Artist/1 Coder) and to be honest we both also not good world design/story telling which make us want to focus on gameplay than other part.

and yes the game will support controller in final version.

*** Photobucket change their policy now seem like I need to get other site to host my picture- -" **
Entertainment / Re: The RPM Boob Tube Thread (56k warning)
« Last post by Mr. Haxwell on July 12, 2017, 02:42:47 PM »
<a href="http://youtu.be/XIjzii9a4Nc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/XIjzii9a4Nc</a>
Fan Creations / Re: New Mega Maker game. Make your own MM Levels!
« Last post by Reaperoid on July 12, 2017, 03:56:40 AM »
More like Mega Man Cease and Desist amirite
you can be sure there will be yet another collection down the line. otherwise they would have made a single collection 1-9

I wonder what would be on the third one though. MM&B + the arcade games? we know we aren't getting the GB games, because "we lost the source code", and there's already a fairly recent Zero collection, so i dunno.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10