Dragon Ball Xenoverse ~ The Hero is Goku...

VirusChris · 42696

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: March 03, 2015, 01:41:16 AM
The whole point of it was to be more powerful without being HEUG MUSCLES or some other variant of hulked out like the other Super Saiyan modes. And in the end Goku basically is able to use that power without using the transformation thanks to the fight with Beerus.

I personally liked SSJ God. Had sort of an old-school Dragonball look to it (Being so slim, mixed with the relative normal looking state Goku was in compared to Goldie McSpikyhair mode) mixed with Kaioken.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: March 03, 2015, 01:54:18 AM
Well, keep in mind this is coming off of the movie that had SSJ God, which was basically just giving Goku Crono's hair color and calling it a day.

Maybe GT wasn't amazing but at least effort went into SJ4. Yeah the red aura thing was kinda dumb. 8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 03, 2015, 02:00:02 AM
The whole point of it was to be more powerful without being HEUG MUSCLES or some other variant of hulked out like the other Super Saiyan modes. And in the end Goku basically is able to use that power without using the transformation thanks to the fight with Beerus.

I personally liked SSJ God. Had sort of an old-school Dragonball look to it (Being so slim, mixed with the relative normal looking state Goku was in compared to Goldie McSpikyhair mode) mixed with Kaioken.

That's why it's pointless to me; he doesn't need it anymore. It was simply a push.

His normal form is now SSJ God-tier.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 03, 2015, 12:47:01 PM
I'm pretty sure thats what he said, then again his new VA has an odd accent to his Cell. But I'm pretty sure thats what he said.  8D

Edit: Yep thats what he says well actually its...

Cell: AMAZING! Now THAT was a true fight! I'd totally hug you---if that was something I did.

Eh I was close, Xenoverse Cell is best Cell.

Umm... that's Cell's FUNIMATION dub voice, not a new VA or the person who does Cell in the DB games.

We don't really have another Dragonball thread so I'll just drop this here.

Its Frieza's new transformation.

Also it appears Jaco the Space Patrolman will be in the movie too. That'll certainly be interesting.

That's seriously Frieza's new God form? I honestly thought it was a CaC with Frieza's body build in Xenoverse for a second there!

Well after seeing SSJG Goku I'm not surprised, I was expecting something like this.

Was hoping for something a little different with Frieza at least.

I've grown to appreciate SSJG form and its simple take, but to me SSJ4 will always be the best SSJ transformation of all times.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: March 03, 2015, 02:34:26 PM
All signs point to it not being a god form so far.

And likewise, I'm a little disappointed it's a almost just a recolor.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: March 03, 2015, 03:09:25 PM
It's not even a good recolour either, it's like Freiza showed up at the Dragon Ball Halloween party and went "Hey look at my super sayian cosplay!" and the whole cast just sorta chuckled awkwardly.

Or someone's crappy CaC in Xenoverse, that works too.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: March 03, 2015, 07:33:16 PM
All signs point to it not being a god form so far.

And likewise, I'm a little disappointed it's a almost just a recolor.

I believe the official website and twitter and other official sources confirm this is indeed Frieza's "God" form for the new movie. I need to look for the sources, but this is Frieza's "new form" in the movie.

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F 3rd Trailer/『ドラゴンボールZ 復活の「F」』 予告編

Translations of the video
NARRATOR:
“At last, the overlord is revived. He has but one objective: revenge upon Son Goku.”
Freeza: “Well then, shall we begin?”
(“F” by Maximum the Hormone)
Freeza: “Allow me to show you… my further evolution!” / “Why don’t we start the second part of my revenge?”
Goku: “Freeeeeezaaaa!
(“‘Z’ no Chikai” / “Vow of ‘Z'” by Momoiro Clover Z)
Freeza: “Vegeta-san! I’ll make you the commander-in-chief of Freeza’s forces.”
Narrator: “Just what is the worst outcome that waits at the end of the fierce battle…?”
Beerus: “This is something you invited by being soft.”
Vegeta: “You’re history.”

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: March 03, 2015, 09:18:53 PM
Battles in-game are becoming incredibly frustrating, not sure if its lack of skill/levels on my part or the AI being a little too snuggly with the explosion evasive technique, mobbing me when I try to eliminate a guy (Happens a lot in the mission where you gotta beat up Frieza's Goons, when Goku!Ginyu, Jeice and Burter show up.) or Super Armor bullshit. Also apparently everybody but me knows how to throw things, and from the looks of it that's not something I can find in the controls, which speaking of those the 360 controller D-pad can go [tornado fang] itself, when I want to use the scouter half the time that [tornado fang]ing thing brings up the mission summary screen or the preset chat (which I'll never use because lolOnline) or the Battle items thing, which of course I barely remember I have considering how little I use it.

I'm sorry, I don't get Super Armor, in fact I flinch at every [tornado fang]ing Ki blast tossed at me unless I'm moving towards them.

Level 29, everybody's tossing missions at me that are too tough currently, I can't find any new teachers since I finished with Krillin (Both Vegeta and Piccolo were chilling around there, but they went and left after I beat Frieza.)

Also another nitpick, why the hell do missions that take place after a string of cutscenes INCLUDE THE [tornado fang]ing CUTSCENES AGAIN if you fail? Just toss me back at the beginning of the fight, [tornado fang]ing hell.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: March 03, 2015, 10:06:40 PM
^You can change the controller type for the button layout if the default one isn't working for you.

Also I've read the game gives the AI enemies' Infinite Ki and Stamina to spam with you. Which is utterly messed up.

Super Armor is easy to break as you can spam Ki Blast shots until the Combo Counter pops up allowing you to attack them as their Super Armor is off (it resets in about 10 seconds after it fails).

If you're Level 29 and you're still struggling I suggest leveling up and putting your Attribute points your ideal build for your playstyle (I went with a Ki Blast build for my Saiyan CaC). I beat the game at Level 45 but it's a pain to beat some of the AIs in the game especially during and after the Majin Buu saga which is ridiculous at times.

You can skip the Cutscenes in the game though (but I DO wish to restart at the beginning of the fight instead of going through the Cutscenes again) by pressing the Start/Option (PS4) button.

Anything else you need to know Clefunky or help with?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: March 03, 2015, 10:25:27 PM
He prefers to be called "Clefunky!" with the exclamation point.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: March 03, 2015, 10:31:11 PM
You can skip the Cutscenes in the game though (but I DO wish to restart at the beginning of the fight instead of going through the Cutscenes again) by pressing the Start/Option (PS4) button.

Yeah, I knew that. Its just its additional loading screens I have to sit through.

Right now I'm tossing attribute points sort of evenly, though I'm going mostly for physical strength, Ki, Ki supers and stamina.

I'm a bit bugged by the drop rates of items in parallel quests, like it doesn't matter if I get the ultimate finish or not because I still get a [acid burst] poor turnout of items.

Speaking of Ultimate finish, is the game sending me to that harder fight random or something? Like for example, the World Martial Arts Tournament Tag team one where you fight Yamcha, Tien and Krillin with Piccolo as the special fight for clearing in under 5 minutes. I can beat that thing in under a minute now, but I don't always get the additional fight, same with the Namek one where you have to find the Dragonballs and beat Guldo to collect all 7 and have Recoome come after you, I can beat Guldo no problem but the game typically never takes me to the next part.

Its worse when I have to do that one where I fight alongside Nappa to defeat Goku, I want to do the part where he goes to the Kaioken X3 so I have a chance of getting that ability but even if Nappa survives with almost full health the game doesn't bring me to the next segment and just ends the fight.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: March 03, 2015, 10:53:12 PM
Not recommended to make a "Jack of All Trades" build as people have mentioned, considering you only have 237 Skill Points to use once you cap max level.

From what I gathered, which to my annoyance, is that even IF you get the the special conditions met to unlock the extra and hidden fights in Parallel Quests there's STILL that RNG that determines if it will activate or not even though you hit all requirements.

I love the game, don't get me wrong, but these like things pull the game back and might it less fun. Why should a random number tell me if the hidden fights will appear even though I GOT the conditions met for it? Two steps backward here.

Also the higher the rating the more likely you'll get AN item drop. I play FFXIV so this isn't really an issue that much, but this can be horrible when trying to get EVERY single item in the game. They weren't kidding when they said it would take over 100 hours to get it all.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: March 03, 2015, 11:38:36 PM
There's way too much SSJ4 love in here for my tastes!  8D

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #163 on: March 03, 2015, 11:56:31 PM
So... I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet or not, but I think one of the male voices for the CaC's is Takahata101, aka TFS DBZ Abridged's Nappa.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: March 04, 2015, 12:10:09 AM
It has been mentioned and it is Takahata101

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: March 04, 2015, 12:13:17 AM
There's way too much SSJ4 love in here for my tastes!  8D

I've never really liked anything that's come out of GT, honestly. Except maybe Pan but she first shows up in Z so whatever.

Not recommended to make a "Jack of All Trades" build as people have mentioned, considering you only have 237 Skill Points to use once you cap max level.

From what I gathered, which to my annoyance, is that even IF you get the the special conditions met to unlock the extra and hidden fights in Parallel Quests there's STILL that RNG that determines if it will activate or not even though you hit all requirements.

I love the game, don't get me wrong, but these like things pull the game back and might it less fun. Why should a random number tell me if the hidden fights will appear even though I GOT the conditions met for it? Two steps backward here.

Also the higher the rating the more likely you'll get AN item drop. I play FFXIV so this isn't really an issue that much, but this can be horrible when trying to get EVERY single item in the game. They weren't kidding when they said it would take over 100 hours to get it all.

Yeah, not going for everything balanced out, but I'm trying to keep it from being horribly unbalanced. Like I said I'm putting focus in towards stamina, basic attacks, Ki and Ki supers. Health's sort of a non issue considering the only times I'm in need of it are when the AI is wailing on me and physical supers aren't terribly useful.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: March 04, 2015, 12:15:27 AM
Putting at least 10 points into Health, Stamina and Ki won't hurt but yeah focus on either physical attacks/Strike Supers or Ki and you'll be much better off.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #167 on: March 04, 2015, 12:28:08 AM
My majin has a focus with basic attacks and ki supers.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: March 04, 2015, 12:35:49 AM
stuff

You have no sources, and your quote says nothing about god form. Meanwhile have you even read the manga chapter for the movie? Not god form.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: March 04, 2015, 01:35:00 AM
You have no sources, and your quote says nothing about god form. Meanwhile have you even read the manga chapter for the movie? Not god form.

Well I was quoting what I heard someone else said and I did said I needed to look into the sources themselves to see if it was true.

And the manga chapter is finally out in english translation? Where can I read it.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: March 04, 2015, 02:11:50 AM
There is something uplifting about seeing 20+ players all doing Ginyu Force poses at once.  8D

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: March 04, 2015, 02:16:45 AM
One of the best moments of the game for me is realizing you can make your character do the Ginyu force poses.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: March 04, 2015, 02:23:30 AM
Not just one, ALL OF THEM.  8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: March 04, 2015, 02:27:17 AM

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile