Nexus · 256007

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1750 on: July 18, 2016, 02:59:09 AM
That and I have no idea how to Turbo Clock in the first place. :\
What's your CPU's model number and brand?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1751 on: July 18, 2016, 03:02:21 AM

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1752 on: July 18, 2016, 04:19:57 AM
You should be able to OC right through the AMD driver.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1753 on: July 18, 2016, 06:32:45 AM
That's an integrated GPU, no chance of that...

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1754 on: July 18, 2016, 09:48:22 AM
I am pretty sure MN9 is not wort OCing your laptop over...

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1755 on: July 18, 2016, 08:24:01 PM
That's an integrated GPU, no chance of that...

OCing an APU still gives performance boosts. I had a desktop with an A6-3650 a couple years ago and OCing it gave me about a 5FPS boost in most games. Not much but just enough to tip you over to the edge of playability in most cases.

I am pretty sure MN9 is not wort OCing your laptop over...

But this is a valid point.

Also OCing is risky business, especially on stock cooling. And ESPECIALLY if you're on a laptop with even worse cooling than your average desktop.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1756 on: July 18, 2016, 08:52:09 PM
Don't worry I was certainly not planning that, especially since I don't even know how to do it nor would I risk something like that.  Heck I probably wouldn't do it even if I had a good computer.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1757 on: July 18, 2016, 09:07:25 PM
If you have a good computer and replace the cooling with something better then it's not as big a deal.

But at the same time if you have a good computer, odds are you wouldn't NEED to overclock anyway.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1758 on: July 18, 2016, 09:08:11 PM
Exactly. :P

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1759 on: July 20, 2016, 12:08:14 AM
That feeling when I S-ranked the final stage as Ray on Hard mode...

SO. [tornado fang]ing. HAPPY! Beating it after many times getting slaughtered by the final boss would have been reward enough for me, but seeing that S-rank was the perfect cherry on top. 8)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #1760 on: July 24, 2016, 02:48:15 AM
No Ray Race Stream today. Life got in the way.

In other news: Hyper mode is tough!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1761 on: July 24, 2016, 05:42:44 AM
No Ray Race Stream today. Life got in the way.

In other news: Hyper mode is tough!
No kidding. I just finished Hyper mode as Beck today and holy [parasitic bomb] is Hyper mode brutal compared to the previous difficulties. As if locking up Patches away to keep them from torturing Objection Man to provide healing items wasn't hard enough, healing items seems more scarce than Hard or Normal. It did feel satisfying for the most part finishing it, notably when I managed an S-rank for the final stage again as Beck this time, the frustrations I did had during Hyper mode did feel there was a payoff when I finally succeeded. If people are badmouthing this game for being too unforgiving on Normal mode of all things, they'll certainly cry and scream if they tried Hyper mode first. And is it just me or does Hyper mode penalizes your death harder than Hard?

A couple of other things I want to list here as suggestions or nitpicks/issues I have though:
[spoiler=Kind of a big list -EDIT-]- Couldn't they have the Options settings in one menu instead of two? It would help streamline configuring and tweaking settings and maybe saving time instead of having to wait for the loading screen to open up the General (or as I would refer to as "System") Settings.
- Instead of having the player having to erase a slot to make a "clean" save file and wipe out whatever progress they made or hi-scores, why not give the player to New Game+ the same slot by carrying over whatever score/rank they made in X stage yet it would still play like you're starting new. I'm guessing there's one for each difficulty, but about those that have the Retro Hero DLC that adds Maniac mode? I'd have to erase a slot to make a new game for a separate difficulty if they're already used. That or bump up the save slots to like 9 or something.
- An option to let you decide if you want all weapons from the start or not à la Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner across all difficulties would be nice.
- A "Skip-All Cutscenes" function where all story cutscenes are cut out akin to what DuckTales Remastered did after a patch address complains about its cutscenes eating play time. Kinda unfair that Ray sort of does this for her campaign where Beck's cutscenes are removed (though few like that intermission with Avi proroaching Beck after beating the mini-boss still plays but gets skiped over immediately) to make her story to work, though I think it would be better if they give you the option to remove them entirely from the Options menu like the Patch support on difficulties less than Hyper. This would not only streamline subsequent playthroughs, but also makes speedrunning the game, well, more streamlined.
- Having shortcuts for certain forms is helpful, though I think it would be better if they handled it like they did with Azure Striker Gunvolt on PC where you could quick select Gunvolt's special skills with the directions of the Right Stick. Plus this would alleviate not being able to use all shortcut buttons when trying to using the Wii Classic Controller/Pro instead of the Wii U Gamepad/Pro Controller since the former doesn't have clickable thumbsticks.
- Why no Boss Rush for Ray? I would love to wreck the bosses in the quickest time with her and Beck.
- Why does there have to be a countdown for each boss in Boss Rush? Considering the Wii U version, the time does add up in-between loading and this countdown.
- Brandish's bug where it makes you invulnerable to projectiles(?) gotta be fixed. Sorry, but to me, that's like using the pause trick in Mega Man 1.
- Does Retro Hero Beck have to be a pre-order or retail (PS4, Xbone, Wii U) exclusive DLC? Furthermore, why can't we just use Retro Beck for difficulties outside of Maniac, it would go nicely with the 8-bit soundtrack. I would like the Retro Beck to apply on Beck's other forms (I only see it affect Beck's normal form), but I guess they didn't have enough money to work with to make that happen.
- For the PC version from what I've read on PC Gaming Wiki, why couldn't there be a separate option for FXAA (fast-approximate anti-aliasing), tone-mapping, and bloom lighting instead of having the Bloom setting handle all three at once? In some cases I don't mind FXAA when MSAA (mutli-sampling anti-aliasing) isn't tanking performance or not working in some games, but if I had the option of either FXAA or MSAA (although its possible to use both), I'd go with the latter since it doesn't blur the screen. And on the Xbox 360 version (from the demo at least), why have a V-sync option when the game is locked to 30 FPS anyways unlike say BioShock where you can unlock it to 60 FPS (on the Xbox 360 version at least) at the expense of screen tearing.
- Adding to the PC version from what I've read from PCGW, there should be support for other aspect-ratios besides 16:9.
- An option to show or hide the Mighty Number's advice in the stage select screen? I think this spoils the whole idea of what Mega Man did where you had to guess which weapon you ganked from the boss you just beaten is going to be effective to the next boss you're going to fight or not.
- Taking an idea that Astebreed did, how would an option to turn off or hide all of the scoring-related elements from the HUD sound if you don't want to play/replay a level for high-score or rank sound? I mean Mighty No. 9 does give you the option to turn off the 100% combo counter and the message that pops when you do mid-air chain absorption or feats (e.g. speeding through a section/mini-boss or doing well in the stage), so why not an option to make it feel more a straightforward Mega Man-like game with an emphasis on speed.[/spoiler]

Also, should we gather some of our thoughts and feedback of Mighty No. 9 and try to contact the devs in hopes they'll maybe apply them for a potential patch for Mighty No. 9 or a sequel? I mean Inti-Creates has listened to feedback, issues, and suggestions with Azure Striker Gunvolt's PC port before. Assuming Inti and (most likely) Comcept are not being flooded with thousands of hate e-mails and tweets.

And now then...

Time for some straight up masochism...
[spoiler=Maniac]So far what I know about Maniac mode's changes so far is that you have all weapons from the get-go like in Hard/Hyper mode, but the enemies' and bosses' behavior seemed to be based on Normal, which I guess isn't too bad considering the Hard version of the enemies/bosses would have been way more brutal than Hyper was.[/spoiler]

Offline SoloUnit315

• Net Navi
  • M-308 Gun Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1762 on: July 31, 2016, 07:31:15 PM
Assuming Inti and (most likely) Comcept are not being flooded with thousands of hate e-mails and tweets.

... They are... The release was a well known flop with a lot of critical exposure. Everything was handled very irresponsibly, and from what I can tell, backers are still waiting for a product they were promised that they already know is mediocre at the very best and nowhere near the embellished hype or the demos and concepts they've seen. Personally, I thought the game was... Fairly awful. It looked ugly, the stages were lackluster, uninspired, and just didn't feel fun at all to me. All of this seemed very very lazy. The boss battles were okay, but that did little to keep me captivated. I didn't play it all the way through... I don't intend to...

It would honestly surprise me if a sequel is made. It certainly will NEVER be made on a crowd funding platform, that's pretty much for certain. Oh well, I can honestly say that I was no longer invested in it a year and a half ago, so at least I wasn't very disappointed. Really, I don't think getting in contact with the devs will mean anything. How many times has getting in contact with the devs worked with anything Megaman? Getting in contact with the devs didn't matter when this was being made. Sorry, but I'm skeptical enough to say that getting in contact with the devs won't matter for a sequel, either. Just let them do their thing, let the game designers be game designers, and we'll see what comes of it. So far, fan suggestions and fans playing major roles in development has been nothing but a castastrophic mess.

Sometimes being the bigger man means holding the bigger weapon!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1763 on: August 03, 2016, 06:52:31 AM
Holy [parasitic bomb] the final boss kicked my ass. Is that thing even possible buster only?
I just did with Beck Buster only.

[spoiler]It was hard but doable, though I made things worse for myself by doing it on Hard since I couldn't fall back on Normal since I erased that save file to start Maniac mode, but I kind of got an idea how to deal with the two other patterns Trinity gets during her Yellow Devil form. The Flower of Death form isn't too hard besides that one attack where she spews pollen from the middle of the arena which I'm having a hard time figuring out how not to get hit and being able to weaken her for the ramming attack. Not sure if I can explain it well, but there is a rhythm with the ramming attack by: 1.) rapid-firing her stem within at least a quick dash distance when she starts charging, 2.) quickly dash away from her (maybe twice just to be safe), then shoot her again until the stem is weakened for absorption, 3.) dash through the stem before she finishes charging through the arena, this way you should be able to give yourself enough time to repeat Steps 1 and 2 again until the bud's left, and 4.) attack the bud then get out of the way before she hits you or absorb her if she's destabilized.

This might take a longer time to take each chunk of her life bar, but once you get the rhythm down, this attack shouldn't pose as much of a threat. However there's that pollen spewing attack that leaves her wide open for attacks, which you can use to weaken her enough before she reaches the destabilization so you can absorb her again during the ramming attack, but there in lies the problem I haven't found a solution to. The pollen spewing seems to track where you are in the arena and how high she's stacked up on her steams and I haven't found a proper away around it without taking a hit Beck Buster only.[/spoiler]

It looked ugly
Sorry, but you have not seen ugly.

How many times has getting in contact with the devs worked with anything Megaman?
Except I never mentioned Mega Man, said Inti Creates listened to feedback on Gunvolt's PC release. Ask Objection Man and he can tell you all about how it was unplayable at launch, not to mention Inti Creates added features to the game a few of us suggested for the PC version.

Also, here's something I'm surprised that no one mentioned: YOU HAVE A DODGE MOVE. I kid you not, the back jump move (Action Shift+Jump) gives you i-frames during the jumping animation (not the one where you shoot downward), you can graze through most attacks and enemies with this and influence the distance of the jump as well. I tried this on the Nameless tank that give me problems before and it made dodging that one attack so much easier if timed right. Even with Avi's carpet bombing attack, I grazed through that, too. I also tried it as 1-HP Wonder against the signs in Branish's stage and I didn't die by grazing. How am I the only one that noticed this?

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1764 on: August 11, 2016, 10:06:34 AM

I thought this was kinda funny. :D

Fear me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1765 on: August 22, 2016, 07:27:11 AM
The game and Ray Expansion is on sale for Steam with the next 35 hours if anyone's interested.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1766 on: August 22, 2016, 08:10:35 AM
Already on sale and I don't even have my copy yet... Hahaha, what a joke.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1767 on: August 24, 2016, 12:50:51 AM
I saw it in Walmart already price reduced.

Megaman Legacy Collection is priced higher on PS4 than Mighty No. 9.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1768 on: August 24, 2016, 01:05:33 AM
what a joke
Ever stop to consider they have a lot on their hands, not just people not getting their copy?

On another note: I completed every stage in Hyper Mode with an S-rank last night and got to a shiny new medal on the save file to prove my mettle. I also just completed the final single-player challenge, No. 36, and man what a tense and anxious rush that was. I was worried and nervous the entire time, afraid I was gonna choke mid-late way into the challenge and go back to square one, especially at Countershade's stage, the Prison, and the Robot Factory stage, but I steeled my nerves and won. All single-player challenges done, now there's just the Boss Rush mode left as far as single-player stuff is concerned.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1769 on: August 24, 2016, 01:35:28 AM
Well to be fair hearing nothing about the Handheld versions current status isn't really helping the situation, just saying.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1770 on: August 24, 2016, 01:35:54 AM
Alright Viper, I've kept from saying anything but come on man. I get you like the game and still respect the company, but is it not a LITTLE ridiculous that someone expecting a copy of the game they paid for STILL has yet to recieve it so long after release? I don't care how small or overworked a company is. A good company should be held to a standard, and that standard is "if somebody buys your product, they should recieve that product in a timely manner".

Comcept has been failing on MULTIPLE fronts and, sure I respect that you're willing to give them a chance, but in my eyes, and the eyes of many other people, they've blown it on more than a few cases.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1771 on: August 24, 2016, 01:51:19 AM
Not to mention you claim they have a lot on their hands but... what would that be? I mean it can't be making post-release DLC because that caused all the delays, right?

So what else could be on their plate other than, I dunno, making the handheld versions? I mean if you want to say Inti is to blame, then that I can understand. They're releasing Gunvolt 2 and working on Bloodstained, along with other things I'm sure.

But Comcept... I have no idea what they might be doing that would delay the handheld versions. Red Ash maybe? But that would be irresponsible of them when MN9 should take top priority, and there's no excuse for them to delay that even further in favor of other things.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1772 on: August 24, 2016, 01:56:52 AM
There's also Recore, but we haven't heard too much on that either.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1773 on: August 24, 2016, 01:59:09 AM
This MN9 delay is pissing me off, I need some of the ol' Banzai Pecan to put me at ease.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1774 on: August 24, 2016, 01:59:23 AM
 Either way, Comcept should have the handheld versions of MN9 as priority numero uno instead of ReCore and Red Ash and whatever else they have. Otherwise it just sets a bad precedent and is very bad publicity.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything