Namco X Capcom maybe?

Pringer X · 3084

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: May 30, 2009, 09:48:35 PM
Ok, since we have word that Tatsunoko vs Capcom is coming to the Western market (at the very least, the states, but usually any game that shows up in the states is bound to head to the U.K. shortly after), I figured why not Namco X Capcom? I mean, what problems could exist that Capcom has decided a "screw it, let's release it anyway" situation? As far as the characters not being known, well how many Tatsunoko characters did you know about before the game's release (or announcement), and really, there aren't THAT many unknown characters in NxC, just a couple characters but a majority of the characters that appeared have seen SOME form of a release known world wide (Namco gave one or two of the Soul Caliber characters an alternate costume to look like Valkyrie so people probably know about that game simply because of the alternate costume), and they've already done a cross-over game with companies like Marvel and SNK (SNK being a company that have made games themselves essentially putting them in the same position as Namco), and they don't even have to bother with voice actors, because HOW many times have they given English voices to their characters? Granted there are more speaking parts in NxC than any other cross-over game, the fact is the fans really don't care about changing the voices.

Why not make NxC again on the Wii and release it in the states? I mean, graphically speaking, there's not THAT much of a difference between what the PS2 and Wii are capable of doing on a general level, and the controls are the basics with the fighting being even simpler since it's just a combination of up, down, left, or right plus a button.

For profit purposes, putting it on the Wii eliminates Monolith Soft's part because since they're owned by Nintendo, they eventually get the money anyway, and then that just leaves Bandai-Namco and Capcom, and I'm sure splitting it 50/50 is how Capcom usually handles their Cross-over titles, or something to that effect. Granted this is assuming that NxC gets made on the Wii, but there HAS to be some way in order to get it out on the PS2. Though, I highly doubt it since Nintendo would want a piece of the pie and since they own Monolith Soft, and thus own Reiji and Xiaomu (the two main characters created specifically for NxC), it's now a three-company game ownership with the only way to appeal to one company is to remake the game on their system, thus eliminating any chance of it showing up on the PS2.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 09:57:21 PM
*Cough*

Two characters, Reji and Xiaomu from the aftermentioned game, made it stateside with a JRPG crossover with a Bandai Namco x Banpresto crossover title: "Mugen no Frontier".

It's bound to happen again, but then again there's legal issues and all that.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:58:54 PM
I'm happy with my Japanese version, thank you. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 10:19:11 PM
*Cough*

Two characters, Reji and Xiaomu from the aftermentioned game, made it stateside with a JRPG crossover with a Bandai Namco x Banpresto crossover title: "Mugen no Frontier".

It's bound to happen again, but then again there's legal issues and all that.

That game was also released on the DS, meaning Nintendo was pretty content with it's existence and not worrying about their competition getting the profits. Hence why I say releasing NxC on the Wii would 'calm the beast' so to speak, and prevent Nintendo from preventing the game's release, while releasing it on the PS2 would cause them to do something about it.

I'm happy with my Japanese version, thank you. ^^;

I'm slowly finding out how to get the game played on my computer via emulator, but I'm not rushing because the thing is pretty much on life support O.o It's broken once already, and it's on the verge of breaking again (Dell, you suck! >< ) and I don't want to be in mid-game and the computer crapping out.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 10:39:54 PM
while dealing with Namco-Bandai might be easier than gathering all the Tatsunoko licensees, i think the game's just too old for either party to really give a damn.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 10:43:00 PM
And there's fan translations to patch. ^^;

But if there's enough love, old games can be re-released or remade. Look at Kirby Super Star, Klonoa and Phantom Brave for example. o.o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 10:44:18 PM
I'd imagine the game might be a little too niche in the U.S. Disgaea already has a tiny enough fanbase, and it's usually regarded as a good SRPG. My guess if it's ported to the Wii with additions, they could theoretically pander to the Fire Emblem crowd...

This one's a bit messier for other reasons than legal workings.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 03:21:46 AM
while dealing with Namco-Bandai might be easier than gathering all the Tatsunoko licensees, i think the game's just too old for either party to really give a damn.

This.

The game was bound for "niche-ness", even amongst the Japanese demographic, who would stand to know more of the characters than most Americans would.

Not to mention that, honestly, the game wasn't ALL that good. It's alright, but it gets too "same-y" and too long-winded for its own good.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 04:45:48 PM
Namuuuuuuuuu...

Ryu and Yoshimitsu for mains if this game actually comes out over here.

Heaven's net lets nothing through...