New Smash Bros. Game coming? Geno, Little Mac, and Megaman? Is that you?!

OKeijiDragon · 3824

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
IGN Article Right Here.

Apparently the Professor Layton Twitter account has stated as such. If they turns out to be an official announcement, I'd be somewhat  surprised, but I suppose we'll see.

My take? If there will be a new Smash game in a few years and Capcom's   involved, count on two franchises to be in that game:

Mega Man and Resident Evil.

The Classic Mega Man (Would make no freaking logical sense to put the SF or BN incarnations in there. Screw the kids' fans.), and Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine, and/or Leon S. Kennedy as likely candidates. Heck, why not throw in Albert Wesker in there for good measure? You know it totally COULD happen. Didn't the Capcom Five between Nintendo and Capcom meant something before?

(Also, I'm just pulling these ideas out of my rear, so don't take them too seriously.)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
First off, I remember hearing about this days ago, secondly, I refuse to believe [tornado fang]ing Twitter until they pay me back for all of the Retro Studios pre-E3 hype that I bit into fully knowing that it was a trap. XD

Still though if, and I do mean a strong if, this is true, then hype train starts anew! We depart at Japan Time once more! XD

Offline BreakTargets

• Cyberelf
  • Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure!
    • View Profile
I call bullshit.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
I call bullshit.

Seconded, but I DO seriously hope this is true.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
What he said.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Maybe DLC?
Or Ninty really feels like shooting the Megaman fans in the heart and rubbing it in that Megaman's not there. Ill admit though, when he said possessed Doll, I was thinking Tails Doll. XD XD I mean, Sonic's in this thing, so I was like sure  why not. Unlikely though. Nah Forget TD. I want to see Shadow or knuckles in there. Also, if it is true, its more than likely they'll use classic Megaman. I wish they would use X though. he has never been in a fighting game yet. He needs the experience.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
yeah, this is just someone's half promotional scheme, half Smash Bros fanfiction.

though i will say this: when the fourth Smash does roll around, there will be no excuse if Little Mac isn't playable.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Until something more comes of it, I'd just dismiss it as really sick F$#(ing with the fans.

But who knows, now that the Wii remote established a digital Smash setup, maybe a DSi entry could be on the horizon?

Still sounds too much like fanfiction.  And what stings even worse is that [tornado fang]ing MEWTWO wasn't mentioned!!! O:<

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I miss my Mewtoo...
Seriously, what was with Lucario? Hes a [tornado fang]ing nobody Pokemon stuck in there just to please the furries. He has no relevance to the poemon world. Mewtoo on the other hand, is his own main character. He's had 2 movies, and cameoed in the show.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Hope dies last.

I want Lil' Mac AND Doc Louis playable.

Then Mega Man and Protoman (Maybe Bass too)

Momohime and Kisuke.

Maybe Jack (Mad World), but he is unlikely.

Now that we have Ridley: Add Kraid somehow, and maybe Mother Brain, or a playable Metroid

Vaati and Zant would rock.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I think I need to revive that old Smash 4 topic again. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I wonder if my characters are still there!  XD

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reviving now. Please wait. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I don't think I really have anything to add except: please be true please be true please be true please be true please have a not sucky online please be true please be true please be true please be true.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I think this was Pre-Brawl, no doubt. Same thing happened with TSR's topic, I STILL call Pre-Brawl. But if that's what's gonna happen, that's when Duke Nukem himself is confirmed for the next official Smash, and the game comes out bundled with the Duke Nukem Forever demo.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
did Twitter even exist before Brawl came out?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
did Twitter even exist before Brawl came out?
I do believe it did, but gaming companies weren't in the habit of using it. That only really started around E3 this year, from what I could tell.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
It's all true.  Every word. 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
It's all true.  Every word.  

I want written, as is handwritten proof from Sakurai, Iwata, or one of the EAD heads before I even have a shadow of belief in this one. I am really bitter and cynical when it comes to unregulated/unconfirmed Twitters. XD