Revamped version of "Rockman X1" to appear on iOS units (iphone/ipad)!

VixyNyan · 30561

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
...Why?  It's terrible.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
I first, I'll admit the visually look beautiful for a remake port for the iOS and has a cartoonish look to it, but after seeing the video the animation... looks sloppy, slow I guess? I mean it looks good for a Flash-like game but having the maps divided into mini maps... are long maps impossible to have on phones? This is one of the reason why I don't like having console-like games on my phones, phones are just that... devices to communicate with with each (though I do miss playing games like Snake on the phones).

And the controls... I'm not comfortable with using touch screen, I prefer the good ol' direction pad and button for this kind of games. AND you can buy all the equipment and such with REAL money? I can't even fathom why people would do that to a game or customer EVEN buying them! They're in the game and I can collect them just fine without paying a single cent of my real money to get them, just give me a Freeplay mode when I unlock everything and there I go! I can start the game with everything!

I love Mega Man X, it was the first Mega Man game I grew up with and it holds a dear place in my heart... that is why I got the PSP in the first place because Keiji Infaune said he wanted to remake the X games from 1 - 6 (yup, even the one he had no part in directing) and I got Maverick Hunter X as my first PSP game (Harry Potter 5 was actually my first but I didn't play nor what I did with it... sold it I guess) and loved it for the extra features added into it, plus the anime story was awesome and made me want to see a MMX anime come to life, and the Freeplay mode is just a lovely addition as well including the Vile Mode.

I'm sad they didn't got through with it, but I hope they do remake X2 - 6 on Vita because this looks like it's going to catch a lot of attention and a great way to expose more of the series to newcomers and old fans alike.

I wanted to get Legends 3 because I like the Legends, but it got canceled. I wanted to play as Mega Man X in a fighter game and UMvC was a good chance of that, but they said no. Honestly I'm not sure what Capcom is even trying to do with their blue bomber mascot and they said he still holds a special place in their hearts... I call bull. If that's so, make a new mini-game featuring X for iOS, Android, handhelds, or whatever to see if fans want it... don't rehash an old classic when I have the X Collection (I never got the original SNES cartridge or I lost it, but I played my cousin's everytime I went to his house) and the X remake.

Maybe they should port the PSP remake to Vita or something if they wanted to do something like this. OK, maybe NOT a good business move to make fans happy but better than this. I will not buy this even as I lack the device to play it and I own the other two version.

This is truly a no-win situation, and I pray the directors, or whatever the word is for people in charge in business, at Capcom could read our post or look at why their Mega Man products aren't selling and finally get it through their thick heads to make new Mega Man games and have the blue bomber HIMSELF as a cameo in other games... I least Mega Man Trigger had some fighting moves. But that's wishfully thinking, but I hope it comes true.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Megaman-RA

• Revived, Reborn, Reawakened
  • Cyberelf
  • Revived, Reborn, Reawakened
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
to VirusChris: I think the same way. I swear, CAPCOM is doing what they can to troll Mega Man fans and try to do whatever possible to kill Mega Man.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
The most I can say, which is something most of us already probably know already, is that the series might be dying because it doesn't rake in enough money. Paying for weapons and enhancements in this botched port (not to mention the fact that they 'remade' the game rather than actually port it, making it look like a fangame more than a first-party product in the process) kind of gives me this feeling that they're looking for some semblance of a cash grab which probably won't happen.

Although they found that 25th Anniversary image in the iOS version of X1, the fact that it came from this game specifically either shows that Capcom was going to sell it for a 25th celebration or they're getting something ready for said celebration.

And if it's the latter, I definitely don't think it's going to be something comparable to Sonic Generations in a service to its series fans at this rate.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I want that deck of cards.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
For a shitty cash in, that's a pretty neat Rockman "game clear" image.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
They certainly are not, but it is kinda sad that they're now the biggest game news we can come up with.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)