ROLL BOSS RUSH -{Homebrew Project}-(PSX/PSone/Playstation)

isufje · 57344

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
UPDATED 12-29-2015

Will be uploading new iso build soon...

8U  '>.>

download iso:
https://goo.gl/RUS2gj

Source Code:

Doodles:

Any feedback would be nice.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:08:51 PM by isufje »

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYdI_bNgpcg&list=UUOGNwek_RxLGzuZ6PJ1_ADA&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

http://205.196.122.120/64ao7xdy6kog/i131kpsb7y6y22r/RBR_104c.ISO
http://199.91.153.113/ftdmb6k1569g/x79vxnbbbo7mr9r/source_104d.rar  (source code)
Here is an update. I've add another character ( Slash Woman ).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:43:46 PM by isufje »

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Playstation One Goodness!  0v0

You even get powers just like in the show!
I'd love to try this if I can get an emulator working...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
RS-Roll <3

This project looks interesting. :) (RS-Slashwoman's case makes me want to design an RM, too--are you sticking with gender-bends of existing RM or are original RMs okay?)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Well, I was planning on just flipping each gender, but I can put MALE ROBOs in too! If anyone wants to play, It works on real hardware too, you just need a boot type disc like ps x change or a mod chipped playstation. Just be sure to pick hardware mode at the boot-up screen. If you play on Emu, use ePSXe. That's what I use anyway.

Also, if you play it on real hardware and it doesn't load or it freezes, please let me know. Sometimes I forget to verify file sizes which in turn verifies boot-ability. It's easily correctable, it's just sometimes i forget...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Hm...you don't already have Plantwoman planned, do you?

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Honestly, I had to go youtube check up on that character. Appartently, he's the easiest boss in MM6. Oh well...

If you can do what LS_Dracon did for Slash Woman, I'd be happy to put your character in.
LS_Dracon is from Atari Age Forums. He did a sketch design and helped do the 3D model and color scheme, he's good with 3D Studio. I'm not asking you to do the 3D Model part, Me or Him (if i ask) can do it, all i'm asking is for somewhere to start from.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Alright, I'll start drawing. :) Hopefully this incarnation of Planters won't be such a pushover.

edit: Done. What say?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
all i'm thinkin' is that if you're putting in genderbends of all the classic series bosses, eventually you're gonna get to Splash Man.

this does look good though, and i am intrigued. :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile

I hope you don't mind me showing some extra skin ^_^, I'll start working on the 3D model.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 05:49:58 AM
Looks good! :)

Also, been thinking about Proto, if he has any kind of role in this game--while it'd be odd if he were gender-bent (since Roll wasn't), I do have a couple of RS-Protowoman designs already lying around.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 06:08:27 AM
nah, I wouldn't want to change proto, only the robot masters. I was originally planning on putting in a story, but I've been kind of hesitant with putting any kind of text in right now./ To be honest, I've had so many ideas that i could put in this thing that It'd be almost impossible to implement them all. But yeah, I was planning on having sniper joe in this game too, renaming him sniper J and having him helping wily, sort of like how Protoman helps wily in the cartoons. So yeah, I was planning on putting male characters in, but not right now.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 06:14:18 AM
OK, I see. (Had an idea for a plot that's hopefully not too complicated, but if you're not sure about implementing one, then I'll hold off on blathering about it)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 06:16:43 AM
Yeah, let me get the game in first, then we can overlay it with text later ^_^
(Still, I'd be interested in hearing this not so complicated plot line ;))

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 06:56:48 AM
(Still, I'd be interested in hearing this not so complicated plot line ;))

Alright. :)

It opens with three RMs setting up a trap for Rock one night; they go to a part of town they know he'll be in (unarmoured to boot), and have one of them pretend to be a hapless victim who wandered onto the other two's turf. Rock, being a nice guy, rushes in to try and stop them; all three ladies promptly jump him and beat him to a pulp before he has time to process what just happened.

It didn't matter to Wily which Light sibling they captured, since he believes the two work best as a pair and separating them will put the remaining one at a disadvantage (explaining why he didn't want to risk trying to capture both at once). However he carries out his plan, Roll will be forced to go through every one of the RMs before she can try to save Rock. (Perhaps he set up base outside of Skull Castle?)

The addition of Sniper J makes me wonder: Maybe halfway through the game, Rock tries to make a run for it and Sniper J makes his grand entrance (if he was just sorta in the shadows previously) painfully forcing Rock back into his cell. (That'd put J in conflict with Proto, that's for sure)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 07:25:53 AM
So in other words, Mega gets captured, and It's up to Roll to get him back safely.

OK, how bout this... Instead of him getting jumped at night, how bout Mega and Roll go on a mission together (in the day) to stop wily and his shenanigans, and at the end of the mission (stage) Rock gets captured by wily while fighting protoman and sniper J. And now it's up to Roll to save the day. How does that sound?  8)

I thought about using Sniper J sorta the same way BreakMan/Proto fights you midway thru the game. Sort of like Shingo from KOF.

Also, somewhere before the last battle with wily, you have to fight Megaman who is under mind control. By defeating him, you save him and he gets sent back to base and Roll has to do the last battle, or better yet, maybe Megaman can fight along side Roll during the last battle. Anything's possible really.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 07:30:35 AM
Sounds good. :)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 08:09:55 AM
For the Boss fight with Plant Woman, did you have anything in mind, like a specific AI / Behavior / Fight Pattern?? Or do you just want me to make her HARD as hell? And what about the Stage layout? Again, anything specific you had in mind? And Lastly, what about the weapon you get. I was thinking a Vine Whip that can take out bullets/projectiles, and a Plant Barrier Super Shield.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 07:11:17 PM
Hard as hell, I guess; I didn't have any specific fight patterns in mind. XD; (Maybe one of her attacks involves lassoing Roll with that whip and flinging her to the opposite end of the screen? That could end up being too cheap, though...)

As for the acquired weapon, I'll go with Vine Whip.

Posted on: May 17, 2012, 12:51:44 PM
Saw Elecwoman's design in that other thread; is it alright if a tweak it a bit? (I'd hate to make LS_Dracon throw out any work he might've already done on the model...)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 07:40:49 PM
Yeah, go ahead. I kinda rushed her out anyway. She could use much refinement.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 08:37:59 PM
OK. How's this?

Tried to give her a bit more colour balance (the gloves/gauntlets were semi-lifted from an early sketch of Elecman.EXE) and make her look somewhat athletic, since I think she'll be constantly running about (as will her clone). Also added some armour to her chest since the original version gave Roll a clear shot at her sternum (human or robot, getting that broken must be a real show-stopper).

Wonder what LS_Dracon has in mind for Firewoman.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 08:51:19 PM
That's TIGHT!~  8) I'll use both color schemes.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 11:05:44 PM
Is this OK>

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 01:06:10 AM
Yeah! :)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 01:59:35 AM
Cool.
 I'm working on texture mapping Plant Woman's 3D Model. It's a lot of back and forth, so It'll take a while.

What do you think of it so far?