Pokemon Generation VI: X/Y & Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Guest · 762780

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5525 on: December 09, 2013, 04:11:45 AM
Not sure, as the guy only offers the Blastoisenite to me.  Might be based on what you chose as your second starter and may cycle after you buy one.  That's my guess and I'm probably wrong.
Yeah I think that's supposed to happen, it would be a dick move if they didn't.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #5526 on: December 09, 2013, 04:21:08 AM
So it's only the three Kanto Pokemon Mega Stones you can buy from the guy?

Posted on: December 09, 2013, 03:16:41 AM
By the way can you ONLY catch a Rotom on Tuesdays at the Lost Hotel?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5527 on: December 09, 2013, 04:31:33 AM
I could try, given I have too much money to spend.

... But I already have the Blastoisinite. And Venusaurite. And Charizardite Y. 8D

Rotom is rare, just slightly a bit better on Tuesdays.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5528 on: December 09, 2013, 04:34:32 AM
I could try, given I have too much money to spend.

... But I already have the Blastoisinite. And Venusaurite. And Charizardite Y. 8D

Rotom is rare, just slightly a bit better on Tuesdays.

Well I could try it as well, they're $10k now.

So Rotom is simply EASIER to find on Tuesdays than other days, huh? Oh boy, back to hunting I go. So saving and soft resetting before the trash cans will make it easier was well to find Rotom, right?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5529 on: December 09, 2013, 04:39:29 AM
Don't know if that works.

If they are like the Hidden Grottos in Gen5, where the encounter is preset, it will not work.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5530 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:52 AM
Hey, VC...

Have you bonded with Mr. Bonding for the last time, yet?  In the cafe?  By the counter?  In front of all those patrons? 8D

Part of me is still waiting for him to show up again, particularly when he said he'll be back.

D:

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5531 on: December 09, 2013, 04:49:17 AM
Oh, he will be back... In Version Z...

Also, I think all the patrons in the cafe, including the owner, have bonded with Mr. Bonding...

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5532 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:35 AM
Don't know if that works.

If they are like the Hidden Grottos in Gen5, where the encounter is preset, it will not work.

Seems like, since I picked Charmander, the Blastoise and Venusaur Mega Stones are one-time only. I left the building and came back in but he's not selling them again unless I have to wait longer.

Hey, VC...

Have you bonded with Mr. Bonding for the last time, yet?  In the cafe?  By the counter?  In front of all those patrons? 8D

Part of me is still waiting for him to show up again, particularly when he said he'll be back.

D:

Yup, I got the last bond with Mr. Bonding the Hatching Power. I would be nice to see him again and ask how you're doing and such. I quite liked him.

By the way I finally got EXP. Power LV2 and Prize Money LV2 now for O-Powers so now I can start leveling up my Pokemon easier now at the Restaurant and at the same time earn even MORE Prize Money from the 3-Star Restaurant. Going to be a while to get the LV3 versions of them.

How many times do I have to use them to get to LV3?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5533 on: December 09, 2013, 04:55:39 AM
I see you and Mr. Bonding have... bonded.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5534 on: December 09, 2013, 04:56:40 AM

Seems like, since I picked Charmander, the Blastoise and Venusaur Mega Stones are one-time only. I left the building and came back in but he's not selling them again unless I have to wait longer.

Yup, I got the last bond with Mr. Bonding the Hatching Power. I would be nice to see him again and ask how you're doing and such. I quite liked him.

By the way I finally got EXP. Power LV2 and Prize Money LV2 now for O-Powers so now I can start leveling up my Pokemon easier now at the Restaurant and at the same time earn even MORE Prize Money from the 3-Star Restaurant. Going to be a while to get the LV3 versions of them.

How many times do I have to use them to get to LV3?

Use lvl2 30 times.

And my previous comment was with regards to Rotom, not the stones.
However, you should try asking the man on another day to see if he will sell the final starter stone.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5535 on: December 09, 2013, 05:02:58 AM
I see you and Mr. Bonding have... bonded.

Jealous? [eyebrow]

Use lvl2 30 times.

And my previous comment was with regards to Rotom, not the stones.
However, you should try asking the man on another day to see if he will sell the final starter stone.

30 times?! Is there a faster way of doing this? I just used the Prize Money LV2 on a Passerby so that's 29 more times for that, but it takes SO long to recharge the O-Powers.

And the Rotom thing, someone posted a video and it seems like the soft reset DOES work as the items in the Trash Cans do change as well as the Pokemon encounter.

I will look into this on the next day with the Starter Stones. Can you only get ONE Mega Stone for each Pokemon with a Mega Form?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5536 on: December 09, 2013, 05:07:00 AM
Yes, only one of each stone.

As for O-Powers, giving is more beneficial than using yourself if you want it to level up. As for recharge times, just go out for a walk, and rake up 5000 steps. The recharging will drop from 4 mins, to just 1 min.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5537 on: December 09, 2013, 05:25:18 AM
So, I take it the Mega Stones he's selling do cycle?  Like I said, I'd only ever been offered the Blastoisenite.  So, if I buy it, the Venusaurite will become available?  Or do the stones cycle based on the day?  I've been as yet unable to find anything on this, though I may simply not be looking in the right place.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5538 on: December 09, 2013, 05:26:57 AM
So, I take it the Mega Stones he's selling do cycle?  Like I said, I'd only ever been offered the Blastoisenite.  So, if I buy it, the Venusaurite will become available?  Or do the stones cycle based on the day?  I've been as yet unable to find anything on this, though I may simply not be looking in the right place.
You have to buy it first.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5539 on: December 09, 2013, 05:28:10 AM
Yes, only one of each stone.

As for O-Powers, giving is more beneficial than using yourself if you want it to level up. As for recharge times, just go out for a walk, and rake up 5000 steps. The recharging will drop from 4 mins, to just 1 min.

I see, that's why I'm giving it to others so I can speed up the level up for them as it cost loss. So it's takes 5000 steps? Is it best to use the bike at the Lumiose City's Gym area and circle around it over and over again to quickly get the 5000 steps (which I assume restores 1 O-Power Point).

So, I take it the Mega Stones he's selling do cycle?  Like I said, I'd only ever been offered the Blastoisenite.  So, if I buy it, the Venusaurite will become available?  Or do the stones cycle based on the day?  I've been as yet unable to find anything on this, though I may simply not be looking in the right place.

I bought the Blastoise Mega Stone first and then the Venusaur Mega Stone became available after that. So yeah, it seems to cycle but does it cycle infinitely? Probably not so if I lose their Mega Stones forever because of a Pokemon attack then I can't get it back no matter what, right? Unless you're given a new one to replace the old lost one.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5540 on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:19 AM
You only get one but you can't lose it, Attacks like Thief and the like only steal the item for the battle.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5541 on: December 09, 2013, 05:42:36 AM
Alright, good to know. Thanks.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5542 on: December 09, 2013, 05:43:22 AM
If my math is correct, there are 596 Pokemon that can be obtained in X and Y without cheating or importing. I now have 590 of them. Just have to raise up my new Togepi (for some reason I evolved my old one to a Togetic but never used the Shiny Stone, but this works out cause I wanna use a Togekiss on my team and I bred a better Togepi). I also still need Moltres data. As for the remaining four, I don't wanna grind for BP. It takes too long. I have 32 BP, which I believe I'll save to make a Porygon2.

I see, that's why I'm giving it to others so I can speed up the level up for them as it cost loss. So it's takes 5000 steps? Is it best to use the bike at the Lumiose City's Gym area and circle around it over and over again to quickly get the 5000 steps (which I assume restores 1 O-Power Point).

It's not steps taken in the game, but the 3DS' internal pedometer that determines that iirc.

Also I believe your O power timer is always reset when you load your file. So you can save, soft reset, load, and do it again.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5543 on: December 09, 2013, 05:44:13 AM
Alright, good to know. Thanks.
Actually I'm not even sure if they could be stolen in the first place, I think I read on TvTropes that they couldn't.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5544 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59:28 AM
You have to buy it first.

Ah, okay, I assumed so.  Thanks for clearing that up!

As far as items being stolen... If I recall, possibly during the Inverse Battle or somewhere, an opposing Pokemon used Thief and I still was able to use Mega Evolution regardless.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5545 on: December 09, 2013, 08:03:09 AM
It's not steps taken in the game, but the 3DS' internal pedometer that determines that iirc.

Also I believe your O power timer is always reset when you load your file. So you can save, soft reset, load, and do it again.

Good to know, I'll be sure to do that.

Posted on: December 09, 2013, 05:50:54 AM
OK, I just saved after using my O-Powers and soft reset the game. My O-Powers do NOT restore and it's back to 0 points to use. You might've been able to do that in Black and White, but here not so much.

Oh well, so far I got 3 times used for both Prize Money and EXP. Points LV2. 27 more to go.

Anyway after this (I got over $1.2mil Poke money) I will be breeding for my desired Pokemon team.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5546 on: December 09, 2013, 08:28:16 AM
I just need to remember to use the darn things, which I never do.  Also, taking the 3DS out for walks, which I don't do too often.  I keep it in a small computer bag, and it's just clumsy to carry that around, and my pants pockets are often too small for it.

In terms of teams, mine is going through gradual changes, with a few static members as I rotate some out to level others.  Susan is my lowest level, currently, so I keep some leveled members on hand to help him out.  Runaway has a nice type spread in his moves, which I may keep, while Mewtwo may see some move changes to see what type spreads work best. 

Runaway's best stat is his Attack, so he's a somewhat physical Alakazam, though I lean more toward Special Attack for his moveset, while Mewtwo gets more physical attacks to exploit the additional Fighting typing when he Megas.

I keep two HM slaves on the team for exploration, travel, and capture purposes, though Pierce's moveset will soon see some changes as I work on providing him with a type spread.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5547 on: December 09, 2013, 08:57:55 AM
Time to for Prof Wily!

1. Mega Stones cannot be stolen. Things like Thief, Covet, Trick, Knock Off will fail. The damage is still there, but the secondary stealing fails. Same goes for the Plates when attached to Arceus. The only way to lose a Mega Stone is you being stupid and discarding it yourself.

2. As stated by Sato, steps is via the pedometer. I DID say take a walk.

3. Why save AFTER using the power? Of course it will not be replenished. If you save BEFORE using, then use, then reset, the charge will be as it is when you saved.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5548 on: December 09, 2013, 09:16:47 AM
So, I want to give Mewtwo a decent multiple-target move.  Currently, he knows Earthquake, but I think Bulldoze might be better for his Mega form.  Thoughts?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5549 on: December 09, 2013, 09:39:31 AM
Well... Bulldoze is good for lowering the targets' speed by one stage if it hits... I think Mewtwo is speedy enough... So... Go pure power with Earthquake.

Posted on: December 09, 2013, 16:38:18
Of course if we factor in double/triple battles... Have a Levitate/Flying partner/s. :P