Magnus Ragnar · 1127

Offline Magnus Ragnar

• Persona 3/4 Addicted
  • Resistance Member
  • A Fool Named Fortune: Reshuffled
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Account!
on: October 09, 2009, 10:41:01 AM
I'm surprised nobody has brought this up, but meh.

For those of you don't know(or whatever) Grand Chase is another one of those Free-To-Play, Grindfest MMO games you can download off the internet like Maple Story or Flyff. Except it plays more like a RPG fused with a Fighting game and a Platformer with various flavors of sheer insanity. You Start off with 3 playable, pre-made characters to start:

Elesis, the Sword weilding Knight
Lire, the loli Elven Archer
and Arme, the loli mage who kills everything whilist being really obnoxious until you find out why she'll suddenly belt out "The holy light will lead us" with a VERY annoying voice.

The other 5(6 if you're playing in a few Asian countries or Brazil) pre-made characters have to be unlocked, and lemme tell ya, getting them is a PAIN unless you shell out some real money. Unless you're trying unlock Jin, the martial arts fighter who, when equiped with a specific type of glasses and the rigth helmet, looks like Protoman Blues. I'm not kidding. I was playing earlier and i swear on the money Satan owes me from poker night i thought they put PB into the game. If i'd thought about it i would have taken a screenshot. DX

But yea. Enough about the rediclous game mechanics. It's a really addicting game even if it IS nothing but grind, but when you can unlock a character who murders monsters with a VIOLIN or MICROPHONE ON A STAND or, in her unreleased in the USA 4th job, various famous movie refrencing items(like a lightsaber or the bike from E.T.) and/or by THROWING SOME OF THE MALE CHARACTERS AT THEM, why the hell WOULDN'T you at least try it?

It should be worth noting i haven't unlocked Amy(The one with the Violin of DOOM) because doing her non-real-money game currencty mission will be easier when one or more of my currently unlocked characters are at least around level 40. Jin's should be a brease cos the two areas i have to grind for the stuff to get him are in the level 17-23 range between the both of 'em.

Anyways, comments 'n stuff? anyone here actually play? If ya do, my in-game name is Xejmas.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 05:05:51 AM
Grand Chase is retarded. I've played it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:09:18 AM
Grand Chase is infuriating. not because of the [acid burst]-easy levels and the poor enemy placement, it's the bosses. ugh. took 2 thirds of my health as Elesis while trying to pull off skills. Plus it's your average "art is fantastic, but programming bad" online game too.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:33:57 PM
I miss Ragnarok. I need to go back to that, but I'm waiting for all the 3rd classes.