Zero turned good by the Sigma Virus

Zan · 51114

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: May 19, 2010, 11:11:17 PM
I always thought the Zero virus was just Zero virus, they just changed names like example,

"Zero Virus" is a term coined by Alia to refer to the "new" virus "which resembles Zero". The Zero Virus was made by combining the Sigma Virus and the virus from the Eurasia colony, causing a virus reaction.

The Virus that originally came from Zero's capsule became later known as Sigma Virus. It was never known by any other name.

The virus on the colony was spread there by Sigma on Wily's proposal, for the sole purpose of awakening Zero's true self.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #76 on: May 20, 2010, 12:48:22 AM
I also want to add in that the Nightmare Zero jig was just a failed attemped to get Zero's DNA since the DNA that Gate got was only so much that he could do with it.
Not at all, Gate in fact insisted that he did not need Zero's body.  Not to mention High Max at first surpassed even X.  The Nightmare is Gate's attempt at manipulating Reploids worldwide, Nightmare Zero is simply part of it. 

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 20, 2010, 02:05:51 AM
Man, this site should have its own wiki of some sort.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: May 20, 2010, 02:13:33 AM

Zan is already a walking wikipedia, where ever he goes, he spreads knowledge.

About the own Wikipedia, we should better talk about this subject with Mistress Vixy.

In any other casy, there is still The Megaman Network Wiki.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 20, 2010, 02:20:38 AM
I always thought the Zero virus was just Zero virus, they just changed names like example, Zero virus got into Sigma, now its the Sigma virus, the virus go into the colonly and now the colony has its own virus. Don't know that made since to you fellow members. I also want to add in that the Nightmare Zero jig was just a failed attemped to get Zero's DNA since the DNA that Gate got was only so much that he could do with it. Correct me if am wrong but that's what I understood.
Virus Sigma got was unnamed. I guess you cold have called it "Maverick Virus". when it became Sigma, it became Sigma Virus, and the previous virus that infected him also became known as "Sigma Virus",(retroactively). in X5, he had Dynamo spread a virus in the colony. that virus, when merged with the Sigma Virus, resulted in the Zero Virus, a virus several times more powerful than the sigma virus, and sharing Zero's energy signature i think? something like that.

after X5, and Zero supace subsided, the Zero Virus was destroyed.

Nightmare Zero is an imperfect, flawed clone of Zero made from Zero's DNA. He is also insane.

the Nightmare is a virus that manipulates reploids and possesses them. It is SO powerful however, that it has taken on a substantial physical body, and can be destroyed with conventional weaponry. Alia herself mentions that complex vaccines arent nesecary with such viruses, since they can just outright be hunted down and destroyed.

Posted on: May 19, 2010, 07:18:42 PM
i find that SLIGHTLY derrogative.Zan is not freely editable by everyone. He is more an encyclopedia, or walking database.

About the own Wikipedia, we should better talk about this subject with Mistress Vixy.
we DO have an RPM wiki yknow. though there isnt much in terms of story and such, mostkya ccounts for members and merchandise and stuff last time I checked.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 20, 2010, 03:52:16 AM
I find that SLIGHTLY derrogative.Zan is not freely editable by everyone. He is more an encyclopedia, or walking database.

*sign* This is not a reason to take it personal. Wikipedia has helped me a lot back, when I was on highschool and even today it serves it purpose well, so I respect this site. Although Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, there is always the administration along with the scholars which keep their eyes on it, so that the information doesn't lose its substance or better its verisimilitude.

We DO have an RPM wiki yknow. though there isnt much in terms of story and such, mostkya ccounts for members and merchandise and stuff last time I checked.

Ah! That is good to know. I will check it, if you don't mind.^^

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: May 20, 2010, 06:10:51 PM
Not at all, Gate in fact insisted that he did not need Zero's body.  Not to mention High Max at first surpassed even X.  The Nightmare is Gate's attempt at manipulating Reploids worldwide, Nightmare Zero is simply part of it.

I get the impression the Zero Nightmare was more important on Isoc's part of the plan; luring Zero out of hiding. Though, its incompletion is uncharacteristic of Isoc, and it was also an excuse for the Investigators to occupy the areas. I reckon Gate made it as some early attempt at utilizing Zero's DNA.

after X5, and Zero supace subsided

"0 Space", with 0 written as "Rei".

Hypershell wants a share of the credit too.

RPM should not at all get itself involved with documenting the story, that's MMN's job. The different fansites should all have their own focus.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 20, 2010, 07:28:14 PM
That makes since now that you put it in that perspective.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #83 on: May 20, 2010, 11:34:15 PM
RPM should not at all get itself involved with documenting the story, that's MMN's job. The different fansites should all have their own focus.
The timeline topics and myriad discussions are good enough for here anyways.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 21, 2010, 12:34:41 AM
Hypershell wants a share of the credit too.
With the stipulation that I, too, am not to be freely editable by everyone.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: May 21, 2010, 02:06:11 AM
Lawl. indeed.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 21, 2010, 02:40:46 AM
With the stipulation that I, too, am not to be freely editable by everyone.
But only by persons who know it better and are indeed right.

Here a cookie, for not to give you credit earlier.  :cookie:
And if we about to give credit, here is one for Marshmallow Man as well.  :cookie:

Sorry about that. ^^'

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: June 08, 2010, 06:14:18 PM
You know, I'm not sure if this was previously discussed in the topic, but I've started thinking recently that if Zero has his immunity, and the virus was being spread all over from Zero's capsule; it means that Zero should have felt an ever so slightly boost in strength because of the virus trying to invade his systems, lending credit to Hypershell's observation of the difference in performance between X4 and Day of Sigma.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: June 09, 2010, 12:23:03 AM
Zan, don't [acid burst] off Marshmallow Man while there are still bits of the ZC website left untranslated. >U<

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: June 10, 2010, 04:07:33 PM
Actually I'm going to have to agree. Now that it's established that the virus was generated and exists separately from Zero, and that it was spreading into the surrounding area, Zero should be benefiting from said effects. Mark this down as the day Marshmallow says Hypershell was right.

I'm swamped IRL, I've got maybe a half hour to be online, and I'm still trying to digest now that some obscure Korean game wants to bridge the Classic-X gap. Seems like things change in the blink of an eye around here.

If Inti wanted to undo their implications about the sealing being after X6, they should have taken out the blurb in X's profile talking about that. I don't know why they dumped the timeline, but the other profiles they kept are the same.

I'm just skimming through these, but here goes some info: the bio for Copy X and the Guardians agree that the guardians were made from the split portions of X's soul. Copy X's goes into how they planned to put X's Cyber Elf into copy X, but emo X didn't want to and ran off to sulk somewhere, so Copy X is what they wound up with. I'm not sure if that means they intended to put all 5 parts of the soul back together and without the fifth piece they couldn't, or what. Elpis' bio confirms that Project Elpis was the plan to use the Dark Elf and Omega together to exert complete control over reploids. Dark Elf's bio says she's a creature of instinct and emotion with little reasoning ability that needs to be directed, but I think we figured that out already. Omega's mentions that his antivirus equipment is actually imperfect, and I wonder if that doesn't mean that original Zero's is as well. We already know that the virus has effected Zero's mind before, so it isn't that big a leap, but somehow I found it revealing to see it on the page. Anyway, it seems that's in opposition to X's perfect antivirus system, which is perhaps unique to him. Or him and Copy X? Speaking of whom, according to the Judges' profile, it was Copy X mk-1 who gathered them from their various jobs and established the 8 of them as the Neo Arcadia Inner Council, I think it's implied that he did it in order to help him convict innocent repliroids of irregularity to justify his actions during the energy crisis. It doesn't say in this bio, but I thought it said in other places that they didn't have human forms until Vile came along... That's all that's really new I guess, I don't think the Z4 character bios are saying anything we didn't already know.

I'm not even getting the game this week, so you guys will have to let me know. Did they include anything from the ZC site in the game's manual, or did they use the MMAC and MMXC method of copying and pasting the story from earlier manuals?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: June 10, 2010, 08:03:19 PM
and I'm still trying to digest now that some obscure Korean game wants to bridge the Classic-X gap.

Where'd you hear that it wants to bridge the classic-X gap?

Speaking of whom, according to the Judges' profile, it was Copy X mk-1 who gathered them from their various jobs and established the 8 of them as the Neo Arcadia Inner Council, I think it's implied that he did it in order to help him convict innocent repliroids of irregularity to justify his actions during the energy crisis. It doesn't say in this bio, but I thought it said in other places that they didn't have human forms until Vile came along...

They should have had human forms already, since we saw them as Judges during TK31s trial and they were given the human form to fulfill their position as judges.

However, there's the following oddity:
X's revival marked the new arrival of the mysterious enemy Vile and his 8 subordinates, the "Vile Hachishinkan (Vile 8 Judges) - Vile Numbers", who appeared in the guise of ordinary humans and were appointed to the new advisory board the "Neo Arcadia Central Council" by Vile's suggestion.

Either this means they were promoted in Z3, or Vile was manipulating things as early as Z1.

I'm not even getting the game this week, so you guys will have to let me know. Did they include anything from the ZC site in the game's manual, or did they use the MMAC and MMXC method of copying and pasting the story from earlier manuals?

The English seems to mix and match the ones from Z1~4, including even the "remote energy mine/cave" mention from ZERO1.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #91 on: June 10, 2010, 10:23:51 PM
Well, I'm playing through Zero Collection, I think that Vile was manipulating as early as Z1. With the whole Copy X in Zero 1 (I know Ciel made that one) and the fact he makes a Copy X in Z3, and the baby elves in Z2... I'm just thinking that maybe he was pulling the strings the entire time, subtly at first, and then making his grand entrance in Z3.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: June 11, 2010, 09:06:01 PM
Mark this down as the day Marshmallow says Hypershell was right.
I didn't I already score one on discussion of the ZX Advent hidden ending, when I noted how what was at the time believed to be an awkward-ass mistranslation could be a Legends reference?

I'm swamped IRL, I've got maybe a half hour to be online, and I'm still trying to digest now that some obscure Korean game wants to bridge the Classic-X gap. Seems like things change in the blink of an eye around here.
"Bring the series together" could mean anything, doesn't have to be story-relevant.  It could be a cross-over of some sort, or it could just mean that this will be one of those Wily-cameo games like X5 and X6.  An inter-series game should not be featuring Zero in his X2 armor.

I'm just skimming through these, but here goes some info: the bio for Copy X and the Guardians agree that the guardians were made from the split portions of X's soul. Copy X's goes into how they planned to put X's Cyber Elf into copy X, but emo X didn't want to and ran off to sulk somewhere, so Copy X is what they wound up with.
I'm curious to know the literal translation of that, when you have the time.  I wonder, would X perceive his resurrection as threatening Dark Elf's seal?

Posted on: June 10, 2010, 07:49:03 PM
I completely forgot where I left my stack of GBA manuals, but I believe it was a copy/paste.  I can tell you that the instruction prologues don't contain anything from the ZC website, and that the U.S. ZC manual is impossible to reconcile with the Japanese ZC website.  Consider the following:

-Z1's prologue opens with "The Reploid War, sparked by the Sigma Virus that drove Reploids berserk, lasted for centuries."
-Characters page states that Weil was "Expelled from Neo Arcadia 100 years ago..."
-ZC website info previously taken down listed Zero's creation as "1XX years ago."

Zero was created before the Sigma Virus drove Reploids berserk, therefore all three cannot be true (unknown timeframe greater than one century + 100 years > 1XX years).

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: June 11, 2010, 09:19:46 PM
Hypershell, the ZC manual is just the old GBA manuals mixed together. Compare with:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/images/6/6c/Mmz1manual.txt
http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/images/3/3d/Mmz2manual.txt
http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/images/1/1d/MMZ3Manual.txt

The first manual, which you quoted is infamous for its differences to the Japanese manual:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/551912-mega-man-zero/faqs/17227

Most notable differences being the length of the Maverick Wars and the location of ZERO's seal, both of which carried over into the ZERO Collection.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 11, 2010, 10:14:46 PM
As I said in my first sentence of that response, I just didn't have the .txt links to verify.